510 Cartomizer (and Honey Flu Cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbb

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
WV
www.theveteranvaper.com
I ordered some of the new 510 cartomizers from liquidxpress on Sunday and received them on Wednesday. I've never had any luck with the KR808 carto's. I've used them on the KR808 batteries and with an adapter on my other PV's, but have never been impressed. They've always been inconsistent in vapor production... I'd only get a couple of drags and would have to wait a while before I could get another good one, and I got juiced often. When I talked to Rob about the 510 carto's he said that they were KR carto's but redesigned to have better air flow and that the coil heats in the center, not at the bottom. I was skeptical, but he seemed quite happy with the redesign, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I put one on my Spade and gave it a try. I was quite impressed at first, but after a few minutes I became even more impressed. It produces great vapor, a pretty good TH, and has amazing flavor. Two hours later I was still impressed, but figured the juice would be running out soon, but it was time for bed. This morning, I put in a fresh battery and started vaping around 5:30am. About 10am it started to die down and I figured the juice was aobut used up, but then I realized my LED was getting dim also. Slapped in a new battery and kept on vaping. A little after 2pm I started to get a metallic taste - I had finally run out of juice. In total, that's about 10 hours of vaping on one cartomizer. Now, I wasn't vaping heavily, but I certainly didn't baby it. I put in a fresh battery this morning and vaped through two 360 mah 10440's today, plus two hours on a battery last night. And unlike my experience with the KR808, I didn't get juiced at all... Nope, not once.

No question about it. This cartomizer has far exceeded my expectations. All I was hoping for was something that would get me to and from work a few days (45 minute drive one way), but what I got was something much better. If I only use it while driving, then one cartomizer will last me a full week. Like the KR808, these can be refilled, but even if I only refill it once, then I'm looking at $1 a week to be able to vape heavily while driving. I will never fool with a cart mod again. No more fluval/PTD/ZMF/Blue foam... NEVER AGAIN! I've tried just about every cart stuffing I could figure out to try, but didn't have much luck with any of them. If I can't drip, I'll be using a 510 cartomizer.

Bottom line - I highly reccommend these!

Part 2:
I've only used Mr. Bean from liquidxpress. Since they didn't have the carto's with Mr. Bean, I ordered Honey Flue Cured and Taboo. I've been meaning to try the Honey Flue, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Figured this was a good opportunity to try it. I can't believe I've been vaping for four months and have missed out on the Honey Flue!!! This is truely amazing stuff! Wow - not I've got to go order some of it! Haven't tried the Taboo yet, but think I'll use that carto tomorrow.

DMS2009

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Roxboro, NC
I ordered some of the new 510 cartomizers from liquidxpress on Sunday and received them on Wednesday. I've never had any luck with the KR808 carto's. I've used them on the KR808 batteries and with an adapter on my other PV's, but have never been impressed. They've always been inconsistent in vapor production... I'd only get a couple of drags and would have to wait a while before I could get another good one, and I got juiced often. When I talked to Rob about the 510 carto's he said that they were KR carto's but redesigned to have better air flow and that the coil heats in the center, not at the bottom. I was skeptical, but he seemed quite happy with the redesign, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I put one on my Spade and gave it a try. I was quite impressed at first, but after a few minutes I became even more impressed. It produces great vapor, a pretty good TH, and has amazing flavor. Two hours later I was still impressed, but figured the juice would be running out soon, but it was time for bed. This morning, I put in a fresh battery and started vaping around 5:30am. About 10am it started to die down and I figured the juice was aobut used up, but then I realized my LED was getting dim also. Slapped in a new battery and kept on vaping. A little after 2pm I started to get a metallic taste - I had finally run out of juice. In total, that's about 10 hours of vaping on one cartomizer. Now, I wasn't vaping heavily, but I certainly didn't baby it. I put in a fresh battery this morning and vaped through two 360 mah 10440's today, plus two hours on a battery last night. And unlike my experience with the KR808, I didn't get juiced at all... Nope, not once.

No question about it. This cartomizer has far exceeded my expectations. All I was hoping for was something that would get me to and from work a few days (45 minute drive one way), but what I got was something much better. If I only use it while driving, then one cartomizer will last me a full week. Like the KR808, these can be refilled, but even if I only refill it once, then I'm looking at $1 a week to be able to vape heavily while driving. I will never fool with a cart mod again. No more fluval/PTD/ZMF/Blue foam... NEVER AGAIN! I've tried just about every cart stuffing I could figure out to try, but didn't have much luck with any of them. If I can't drip, I'll be using a 510 cartomizer.

Bottom line - I highly reccommend these!

Part 2:
I've only used Mr. Bean from liquidxpress. Since they didn't have the carto's with Mr. Bean, I ordered Honey Flue Cured and Taboo. I've been meaning to try the Honey Flue, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Figured this was a good opportunity to try it. I can't believe I've been vaping for four months and have missed out on the Honey Flue!!! This is truely amazing stuff! Wow - not I've got to go order some of it! Haven't tried the Taboo yet, but think I'll use that carto tomorrow.

I got mine today and just can't believed how long it last. almost 7 hours with heavy vaporing. I love these !! I will be getting more real soon. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I'm eager to try these new 510 cartomizers, but I no longer enjoy even the slightest flavor of tobacco. Of the 4 available flavors, do you think Taboo would work for me, or as an RY4-like flavor does it too taste at least subtly of tobacco?

thanks!

Personally, I taste no tobacco at all in the taboo. It is definitely Caramel and Vanilla, IMO.

We should have some blank ones in the near future also, so you could fill them yourself.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Taboo (IMHO) has NO tobacoo flavor at all. I don't taste caramel & vanilla, it's tastes like butter to me. I was expecting more of a vanilla coffee flavor. It's ok, just not diggin it personally, I'll vape them dry and re-fill, but wont order any more of this particullar flavor. It's been 4 weeks without analogs, I'd have thought my tastebuds would have been good by now?

Last edited:

JimStanmore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2009
Southern NJ
Just ordered some flue cured and taboo cartomizers based on these reviews. I have used the soft 510 cartomizers, but they don't really hold much juice, .3 ml I think. They are so convenient, though. I am wondering if I will miss the soft sides. If these are as good as everyone says I won't have to replace my two dying 808 batts and can go back to my stock of 510 batts without all the polyfil, PTB, fluval, leaks...

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
I have the soft 510 cartos as well, and you're right, they don't hold squat, but taste good, nice TH and decent vapor. Not to mention convenient, and on the small (l88b, blu, volcano) batteries, they look and feel exactly like an analog.

But these new 510s rock hands down, and will go very nicely with my Precise! (when I get it next week) I'll just take the black (label, tape?) off to make it look a little better on it. I'll keep it black on my black laser pointer mod though. :)

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
I too have grown a bit weary of the 808 carts. It seems to be hit or miss with those things and I've wasted lots of juice trying to get them to draw, only to end up tossing them in the trash.

Based on everyone's comments here and the email reply from Liquidxpress....I'm going to give them a whirl. You guys and gals who made the early leap? Please keep us informed until our ship comes in?

They sound great.

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
I too have grown a bit weary of the 808 carts. It seems to be hit or miss with those things and I've wasted lots of juice trying to get them to draw, only to end up tossing them in the trash.

Based on everyone's comments here and the email reply from Liquidxpress....I'm going to give them a whirl. You guys and gals who made the early leap? Please keep us informed until our ship comes in?

They sound great.

Supplemental, and not to kill the thread, but these 510 atty's seem to be a crap shoot as of late. Maybe these cartomizers will address that issue as well.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I ordered the Honey Flu Cured 510 Cartos and the cartos themsevles are the bomb!!! I would love to see these in blank form also. For me the Honey Flu Cured are not sweet enough for me but they are good...I just love the really sweet flavors, can't help myself, lol. Great job on these for sure! The only thing I would recommend is not glueing the top piece on, it's really hard to get off. I only say this because I use the T-Tip on my cartos, which is AWESOME too! I don't mind that I had to break the end cap, just would be easier to get it off and not have to scrape the glue off if it weren't glued on. Other than that, it works really darn good, especially on my eGo :)

DMS2009

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Roxboro, NC
I got mine today and just can't believed how long it last. almost 7 hours with heavy vaporing. I love these !! I will be getting more real soon. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Well I don't understand but the rest of the carlos in the box did not last too long ! Whats up with this, the burning taste started pretty fast.
:shock:

I don't think I will be ordering more after all !

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
I ordered the Honey Flu Cured 510 Cartos and the cartos themsevles are the bomb!!! I would love to see these in blank form also. For me the Honey Flu Cured are not sweet enough for me but they are good...I just love the really sweet flavors, can't help myself, lol. Great job on these for sure! The only thing I would recommend is not glueing the top piece on, it's really hard to get off. I only say this because I use the T-Tip on my cartos, which is AWESOME too! I don't mind that I had to break the end cap, just would be easier to get it off and not have to scrape the glue off if it weren't glued on. Other than that, it works really darn good, especially on my eGo :)

Rob is working on getting the blank ones in. The honey flue cured liquid is pretty sweet IMO. You may want to try it. It is one of my favs.

Well I don't understand but the rest of the carlos in the box did not last too long ! Whats up with this, the burning taste started pretty fast.
:shock:

I don't think I will be ordering more after all !

Hmmmm....a little weird. I'm not sure why that is. You can use the condom refill method to refill them though :)

What color are these 510 cartomizers? Black or some odd color that doesn't match anything??? :confused:

Any ETA on the blank ones?

They are all black.

Thanks! :)

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey all~

New to the forums but I've been vaping for around 5 months, solely on the 510. Ordered two packs of these babies today and can't wait. I've tried every cart mod that's had some success on here, playing ghost and reading but never writing, and none have impressed me enough to stick with regularily: I'd rather drip. The size difference between a 510 3 piece and one with these cartos is likewise intriguing.

Be nice to give em a try. Have a ton of fresh TV juice on the way as well:) Now I gotta figure out how to safely fill these up!

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Hey all~

New to the forums but I've been vaping for around 5 months, solely on the 510. Ordered two packs of these babies today and can't wait. I've tried every cart mod that's had some success on here, playing ghost and reading but never writing, and none have impressed me enough to stick with regularily: I'd rather drip. The size difference between a 510 3 piece and one with these cartos is likewise intriguing.

Be nice to give em a try. Have a ton of fresh TV juice on the way as well:) Now I gotta figure out how to safely fill these up!

You can try the condom refill method. There are quite a few videos on you tube explaining it step by step. It's quite simple. Also, we should have blank ones in stock soon. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread