510 Cartomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Hi guys! I tried the 510 cartomizers today for the first time and wanted to tell you what I think.

First of all, I couldn't wait to try the honey flue cured so I tore into that one first. I popped it on my eGo and gave it a go. I was not so impressed at first. There is definitely, IMO, a break in period. A very short break in period! I actually IM'd Rob and said eh...I am not feeling these so much. Am I doing something wrong? He said just give it a few minutes. I said ok and off I went.

5 minutes later I IM'd Rob again and what I said to him that time was..."these cartos rock"!!!

I must also tell you that I am not use to a 510 mouthpiece. I only use 901 mouthpieces, so that was a little different for me too.

As for the taste of the flue cured...it is better than I expected! If you have tried flue cured juice, imagine a tiny hit of honey added to it. That is really the only way to describe it. It's a great tobacco flavor. I am using the 18mg carto and find that the throat hit is just amazing and unlike in the beginning, there is so much flavor! The vapor that is produced is quite impressive as well.

I said before that I had an addiction to Taboo months ago. And after trying it again today, I remember why!! This stuff is so good! It's a Caramel Vanilla flavor. I taste both flavors equally. This carto is 18mg also and has the same great throat hit and fantastic vapor production. The flavor of the Taboo in the carto is slightly different than the liquid. Rob says that this is due to the fact that the juice is so fresh in the cartomizer. This is not a bad thing at all! :)

The other one I tried today and I am a fan of is The Original. It is a basic tobacco flavor that happens to be one of my favorites!! Again, great throat hit, excellent vapor production and it is also an 18mg carto.

I encourage you guys to give these a try. They are definitely different from a regular atty and cart, in a great way. They are much safer than dripping or filling a cart while driving and from what I hear (have not confirmed this yet) they last hours!!

I still have Cool Rush and Caramel Mach to try. I am saving the Caramel Mach for after dinnner :) I have tried the Cool Rush liquid before, and while i am not a fan of menthol, it was great. I can't wait to give it a try in the carto. I will let you know what I think about those later tonight.

ETA: I am back and have tried the Cool Rush and Caramel Macchiato.

I have to tell you first that the Caramel Mach is from Dietsmokes.com. It is not a LiquidXpress flavor.

I am not a coffee fan so I was a little skeptical about this one but surprisingly it was very tasty!! Pretty much exactly what you would imagine. The coffee flavor, to me, is not so pronounced so that is most likely why I liked it. It tasted more chocolate-y to me. Again, great throat hit and excellent vapor porduction. There is really something to be said for these cartos.

Now...onto Cool Rush...wow!! If you are a menthol fan this is a MUST have!!! This is some serious menthol guys!! The punch that this stuff packs is insane! If you are considering trying the Cool Rush, don't wait. I think you will love it! :)

Last edited:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Thanks for your review! I've just placed my order for their Honey Flued and their Taboo cartos!! Can't wait...damn, I have to start stalking my mailman again...on the other hand, don't you rather hate the feeling when you know there's nothing else expected for you in the mail other than bills?

I'll definitely come back and let you know what I thought of them!

I also placed an order for V4L's RY4, any good?

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Thanks for your review! I've just placed my order for their Honey Flued and their Taboo cartos!! Can't wait...damn, I have to start stalking my mailman again...on the other hand, don't you rather hate the feeling when you know there's nothing else expected for you in the mail other than bills?

I look forward to hearing your opinion! I hope you like them as much as we do! As for the V4L RY4, I have never had it. Sorry.

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
No Problem!!!

Also, Rob says....you can use the "condom method" to refill them, but they are disposable so they are not total replacements for regular atomizers

These do connect right to the battery, or 510 mod connector? The pics on website do not show a clear look at these babies. What color are the ones you received?

Please let us know how long they last and if you have filled one yet?

Thanks so much for posting!

Last edited:

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Queen - by "break in period" do you mean @ first there is very little flavor AND vapor?

ClumsyGirl - I also look forward to any further feedback you have . . .

Yes. But seriously, that only lasted a very short period of time.
These do connect right to the battery, or 510 mod connector? The pics on website do not show a clear look at these babies. What color are the ones you received?

Please let us know how long they last and if you have filled one yet?

Thanks so much for posting!

They screw right into the battery. They are 510 threaded and are black. The length of time each person will get out of them is going to vary depending on how heavily they vape. I have not used one straight through until it's dry yet. I tend to change them a few times during the day. So, no. I have not refilled them yet. I hope that helps :)

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Yes. But seriously, that only lasted a very short period of time.

They screw right into the battery. They are 510 threaded and are black. The length of time each person will get out of them is going to vary depending on how heavily they vape. I have not used one straight through until it's dry yet. I tend to change them a few times during the day. So, no. I have not refilled them yet. I hope that helps :)

QueenInNC, how do I get a job like yours? Not fair! :oops:

Hey, I KNOW!! Rob needs a CANADIAN point of view!! :w00t:

Oops...Um, I mean 'eh?' :cool:

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI

Let us know what you think of them? I'm ordering some myself but nothing like a little feedback from others, despite the pending arrival.

Not keen on V4L flavors, but have to admit, their Cowboy is the best tobacco taste I've had so far.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Let us know what you think of them? I'm ordering some myself but nothing like a little feedback from others, despite the pending arrival.

Not keen on V4L flavors, but have to admit, their Cowboy is the best tobacco taste I've had so far.

Will do! I know what you're saying about V4L flavors, haven't found one I'm terribly keen on either, though I'll say their OJ, (believe it or not!!), is pretty good and so is their Doc Pepper. (Don't even like the pop, so THAT one was a surprise..it was the only one I liked from their Soda Shop Sampler kit..and I LOVE Coke! Weird)

As for their Watermelon? Horrid. Tastes like perfume.

BUT, on the up side, sending them along to a friend I met on here that DOES enjoy them.

Taste is subjective, as I'm sure you know.

I WILL DEFINITELY let you know what I think of the RY4, I've heard good things about it. (Had to send it to my brother first. He's in Michigan and shipping to him is 7.00 and it's 25.00 to Toronto...go figure)

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
Nice of you to reply and hope to get mine in soon.

Guess I found a couple flavors I like and really have no problem avoiding all the novelty stuff out there. Watermelon? I'll take the real thing and enjoy the natural juice it produces. Don't need to smoke it.......;)

I'm really amazed at all the flavors and everyone gushing over them. Is this replacing some desert perhaps? I've tried the 555 everyone raves about and it taste like eating walnuts. RY4 taste like something from out of this world, but lot's of people like it.

Halo Freedom and Menthol Ice keeps me thinking these other juices should just go away. :rolleyes:

But it's fun, and if your careful, not a lot of money wasted if your quitting analogs. Never felt better!

Thanks Gals!

Last edited:

gmav44

Moved On
Jan 23, 2010
MI
Will do! I know what you're saying about V4L flavors, haven't found one I'm terribly keen on either, though I'll say their OJ, (believe it or not!!), is pretty good and so is their Doc Pepper. (Don't even like the pop, so THAT one was a surprise..it was the only one I liked from their Soda Shop Sampler kit..and I LOVE Coke! Weird)

As for their Watermelon? Horrid. Tastes like perfume.

BUT, on the up side, sending them along to a friend I met on here that DOES enjoy them.

Taste is subjective, as I'm sure you know.

I WILL DEFINITELY let you know what I think of the RY4, I've heard good things about it. (Had to send it to my brother first. He's in Michigan and shipping to him is 7.00 and it's 25.00 to Toronto...go figure)

Could not get the RY4 to work for me. Could be a taste thing, or bad mix.

Good feedback and Michigan is not a bad place to be. Keep us posted on the 510 carts? Thank's much for your nice reply.

gmav

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Could not get the RY4 to work for me. Could be a taste thing, or bad mix.

Good feedback and Michigan is not a bad place to be. Keep us posted on the 510 carts? Thank's much for your nice reply.

gmav

Wow. Didn't even notice you were in Michigan! That's me! Sharp as a tack!

Well, my brother seems to like it well enough, he's been there for 16 years or so, lives in Canton.

Luckily for me, I realized that I HADN'T told him NOT to put what he was shipping to me on the Customs form and managed to get him on the phone this morning! (If he even has to, I think that one of the bubble-envelopes should be sufficient for the carto's...now, about that ATOMIC CINNACIDE juice...)

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Ok, first things first. These 510 cartomizers simply ROCK!!! These have THE best combination of flavor, throat hit, and vapor, PERIOD!! I'll keep and sometimes use my atties, but these are my default vape from now on.

My take on the 4 flavors:

Original Tobacco: Best of the 4, very nice, very nice. Like a Marlboro Red.

Cool Rush Menthol: Do you like Newports? Near identical.

Flue Cured: Also very nice, Marlboro Light.

Taboo: Ok, NOT my favorite, it's like vaping butter, seriously, a stick of butter. It's do-able, but only becuause I can tollerate butter.

So I've posted and raved all about these cartos. I was about to update my post on my test and got an PM asking if the $7.50 was for 1 or 5. HUH? :confused:

It was $10 lastnight, WTF is he talking about? So I look and sure enough, $7.50. This is great customer service, but come on, you against a little profit?! $2 ea for these cartos is CHEAP!!

So my test. On another thread somone else got 510 cartos, from another supplier, and they must be different because I guess the "straw" (I dunno what to call it) is attached to the cap, and the filler fills the carto. The ones from LiquidXpress have the filler and straw up about 2/3rd the way. The question came up about burning like with the 808 cartos, so I decided to test it. I've been vaping on a taboo one since last night and it's still going. When I finally vape it dry, I'll take it apart and see what if anything got burned.

Oh, these can be re-filled, and you can use tips on them, but the cap IS glued in. :(

Hey Rob @ LiquidXpress, you better stock up dude!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread