510 Cartomizers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicomarie

Mar 12, 2010
Omaha, NE
I just received my Taboo and Cool Rush cartos today, and they have a very stale taste. They taste the same as the plastic and rubber caps smell, if that makes sense. Has anyone else noticed this, and does it go away or is there a way to get rid of the taste? I love the idea of cartos, but the Taboo cart tastes like ... and it's starting to make me sick.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
I just received my Taboo and Cool Rush cartos today, and they have a very stale taste. They taste the same as the plastic and rubber caps smell, if that makes sense. Has anyone else noticed this, and does it go away or is there a way to get rid of the taste? I love the idea of cartos, but the Taboo cart tastes like ... and it's starting to make me sick.

I unfortunately agree with you 100% :(

I vaped on them all for well over 10 minutes and the rubber taste did not go away. I'm going to leave them out overnight and hope for better tomorrow . . .

Honey Flue Cured is the BEST flavor out there IMHO and the carto is not even CLOSE to doing it justice.

The Taboo liquid is absolutely YUMMY but like another poster stated in the 510 carto it tastes exactly like buttered popcorn 8-o

I've never tried to Cool Rush liquid but to me it's the only vapeable carto I received. I don't like it but it's vapeable - my guess is the menthol is strong enough to get past the rubbery flavor. :confused:

The TH is excellent but knowing how these flavors TRULY taste I can't suffer through them on the cartos.

I really hope these cartos don't turn people off from buying the Liquidxpress liquid themselves because they are FANTASTIC. The cartos? Notsomuch :(

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I know based on my experience with Vapor 4 Life's Regular and Premium Cartos along with blanks I bought from Iken than different Ohms can affect flavor but this is INSANE. I mean the taboo is just NOWHERE close. I never expected such a difference in flavor.

Guess it is back to Honey Flue Cured and Taboo in my KR-808 carts.

Last edited:

mindtwist69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
I'm sorry you don't like it Yanks, we're working on the flavor, this was our first order of them, there will be some slight changes in the next batches. You correctly hit the nail on the head with the ohms, these atomizers have a different size filiment both in length and size so we're trying to fine tune it. Many people have just refilled or added to their prefilled carts, with their liquids and do notice the difference I like them better at that point. We're also getting in the blank carts just like these for people to fill as they wish!

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
I'm sorry you don't like it Yanks, we're working on the flavor, this was our first order of them, there will be some slight changes in the next batches. You correctly hit the nail on the head with the ohms, these atomizers have a different size filiment both in length and size so we're trying to fine tune it. Many people have just refilled or added to their prefilled carts, with their liquids and do notice the difference I like them better at that point. We're also getting in the blank carts just like these for people to fill as they wish!

No worries, Rob you have a lifetime of good will from me coming your way because your Honey Flue Cured was THE flavor that allowed me to put down the smokes once and for all and your Taboo is probably the only sweet flavor I reach for on a regular basis ;)

I just wanted to be sure to add my 2 cents because again - it is my worry that some people anxious to try the 510 cartos will not like them and will lose out on two of the best flavors you can buy for your PV.

I will let mine sit out for a bit and maybe do a reverse Taryn spin and refill with the bottles I have here.

Thanks again, Rob!

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC

I hope that you can get them with soft rubber caps that aren't glued. I have been using an Ego and Premium 808 cartos from Vapor4Life because the caps aren't glued. There is no silicone ring under the cap either. They contain more batting because the ring isn't there so they hold more juice too.

On my 808s I drip refill from the mouthpiece end using a condom and buttplug on the batt end and the spin method. I've determined that 10-15 drops is good for a refill so I don't have to watch for juice to come out of the end of the atty to know it's full.

John, over at Dietsmokes said he popped a cap off with a sheet metal screw. He said he screwed it in and pulled some and it popped right out. Parked said that you and he sell the same one so I wonder what is the difference is between yours and his? That or John's wasn't glued in or only lightly glued? Have you tried to get one off? If you can I'll buy some.

I got some 510 cartos from Litecig - before I knew you guys had them - and the cap will not come off. I damaged one pretty good trying to get it off.

Are there efforts to get blanks and soft, removable caps?

Thanks!

:)

mindtwist69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
yes yes no no no no no yes yes no

j/k..

No softcaps, ever we don't want them. No on the removable ends. Yes these are refillable, maybe once or twice, but these are disposable if you keep refilling them and the break because they've been used for a week straight.. well.. :)

Parkers and mine are the same. Some people can get the caps off, some can't. The condom method works really well from the white tip side.

Sorry you won't purchase because our caps won't come off! Good Luck in your search!!!

Well I got my carto's today I ordered the Honey Flu Cured and regular Tobacco, but before I go into all that I'd like to say thanks for the quick shipping. I ordered half way through the day Friday and I got them today (Monday) I had a few issues with the 510 adapter I ordered for my original Prodigy- not with the carto's side but with the adapter it self. Once I got it working I popped on one of the Honey Flue Cured Carto's and this is possibly the greatest thing I've ever vaped. If you don't have a 510 adapter I'd get one just to try these. I've been vapin heavily for about 4 hours now and haven't gone dry yet. As for a break in period I don't know what she was vaping with but if you have anything high voltage there's no break in period at least there wasn't for me. Just clouds and clouds of vapor. And the flavor's awesome. I know someone had said that the juice tasted better out of the bottle, but for me trying this HFC in the carto has been better than I could have imagined. In fact I think this might be it for me. I'm probably gonna be using these as long as ya'll make 'em. I haven't tried the flavor of the regular tobacco, but if I don't like it I'll keep the cartos and refill them with AquaVapor's (Marl) I like it for a Marlboro Light tasting flavor. Anyway, I'll be one more person to let ya'll how it goes in the long run.

Haytoni

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
N.W. Florida
Hi guys! I tried the 510 cartomizers today for the first time and wanted to tell you what I think.

First of all, I couldn't wait to try the honey flue cured so I tore into that one first. I popped it on my eGo and gave it a go. I was not so impressed at first. There is definitely, IMO, a break in period. A very short break in period! I actually IM'd Rob and said eh...I am not feeling these so much. Am I doing something wrong? He said just give it a few minutes. I said ok and off I went.

5 minutes later I IM'd Rob again and what I said to him that time was..."these cartos rock"!!!

I must also tell you that I am not use to a 510 mouthpiece. I only use 901 mouthpieces, so that was a little different for me too.

As for the taste of the flue cured...it is better than I expected! If you have tried flue cured juice, imagine a tiny hit of honey added to it. That is really the only way to describe it. It's a great tobacco flavor. I am using the 18mg carto and find that the throat hit is just amazing and unlike in the beginning, there is so much flavor! The vapor that is produced is quite impressive as well.

I said before that I had an addiction to Taboo months ago. And after trying it again today, I remember why!! This stuff is so good! It's a Caramel Vanilla flavor. I taste both flavors equally. This carto is 18mg also and has the same great throat hit and fantastic vapor production. The flavor of the Taboo in the carto is slightly different than the liquid. Rob says that this is due to the fact that the juice is so fresh in the cartomizer. This is not a bad thing at all! :)

The other one I tried today and I am a fan of is The Original. It is a basic tobacco flavor that happens to be one of my favorites!! Again, great throat hit, excellent vapor production and it is also an 18mg carto.

I encourage you guys to give these a try. They are definitely different from a regular atty and cart, in a great way. They are much safer than dripping or filling a cart while driving and from what I hear (have not confirmed this yet) they last hours!!

I still have Cool Rush and Caramel Mach to try. I am saving the Caramel Mach for after dinnner :) I have tried the Cool Rush liquid before, and while i am not a fan of menthol, it was great. I can't wait to give it a try in the carto. I will let you know what I think about those later tonight.

ETA: I am back and have tried the Cool Rush and Caramel Macchiato.

I have to tell you first that the Caramel Mach is from Dietsmokes.com. It is not a LiquidXpress flavor.

I am not a coffee fan so I was a little skeptical about this one but surprisingly it was very tasty!! Pretty much exactly what you would imagine. The coffee flavor, to me, is not so pronounced so that is most likely why I liked it. It tasted more chocolate-y to me. Again, great throat hit and excellent vapor porduction. There is really something to be said for these cartos.

Now...onto Cool Rush...wow!! If you are a menthol fan this is a MUST have!!! This is some serious menthol guys!! The punch that this stuff packs is insane! If you are considering trying the Cool Rush, don't wait. I think you will love it! :)
Just tried Carmel Macchiato real tasty, thanks. Forgot I had it.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I unfortunately agree with you 100% :(

I vaped on them all for well over 10 minutes and the rubber taste did not go away. I'm going to leave them out overnight and hope for better tomorrow . . .

Honey Flue Cured is the BEST flavor out there IMHO and the carto is not even CLOSE to doing it justice.

The Taboo liquid is absolutely YUMMY but like another poster stated in the 510 carto it tastes exactly like buttered popcorn 8-o

I've never tried to Cool Rush liquid but to me it's the only vapeable carto I received. I don't like it but it's vapeable - my guess is the menthol is strong enough to get past the rubbery flavor. :confused:

The TH is excellent but knowing how these flavors TRULY taste I can't suffer through them on the cartos.

I really hope these cartos don't turn people off from buying the Liquidxpress liquid themselves because they are FANTASTIC. The cartos? Notsomuch :(

VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I know based on my experience with Vapor 4 Life's Regular and Premium Cartos along with blanks I bought from Iken than different Ohms can affect flavor but this is INSANE. I mean the taboo is just NOWHERE close. I never expected such a difference in flavor.

Guess it is back to Honey Flue Cured and Taboo in my KR-808 carts.

Hate to say it folks, but I agree.

Taboo tastes like buttered popcorn. Absolutely NO sweetness that I can taste. I've been on it for a while and yeah, it's making me feel sick too.

The honey flue isn't sweet AT ALL. It's just a VERY strong analog taste IMHO and it's not very nice.

On the UP side, I ordered the Atomic Fireball LIQUID and it's VERY good, VERY similar to the famous TV A.C.!!

But, as for the carto's...VERY disappointed as well. Great idea, but the flavors, to ME, are disgusting.

Last edited:

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
The question came up about burning like with the 808 cartos, so I decided to test it. I've been vaping on a taboo one since last night and it's still going. When I finally vape it dry, I'll take it apart and see what if anything got burned.

any update on this ? I usually only drip with 510s, I got some of these 510 flue cured cartos and I'm worried about the burnt/charred carto pics I've seen

also someone mentioned a rubbery/plastic/weird taste, I notice it too. Same taste I got when I tried a KR808. maybe because these were filled who knows when and the plastic/filler flavor has leeched into the liquid. perhaps a blank or freshly filled one will taste better

I bought some of the flue cured juice by itself and dripping that on a 510 tastes much better than the prefilled flue cured 510 carto, thats my first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread