Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Just received some 510 cartomizers from Litecig. If these things have a decent lifespan and hold juice for half as long as a KR808 carto, I am sold! The vapor and throat hit is equal to a regular 510 atty and much better than the KR808. I would suspect that it is also going through juice much faster than a KR808, but so far a partially filled carto has outlasted any 510 cart config I have tried.

My primary reason for posting, though is to warn against filling by removing the mouthpiece plug. I ruined one by doing so, and as you can see in the following picture, the construction is different than the KR808 carto and does not lend itself to removing the mouthpiece. The tube going up through the middle appears to connect to the mouthpiece. I filled another one with a syringe and it worked, but I may try the condom fill method as well.

510_carto.jpg

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Hoping mine will be here tomorrow. Ordered empties. Hopefully the condom method will work. MY plan is to replace ordering atomizers and filling carts all the time. Would like to fill 2 of these up and go all day. I understand they hold roughly 1ml of nicquid... I vape about 2.5ml a day. Plus my wife is getting into vaping finally and hates filling carts, I have to do it all the time! If these perform anything like 510 attys I will be good if I can get a weeks use out of each carto... here's to hoping, because I go through an atty a week now before it starts gunking. I tried cleaning, but they end up getting retired to the HV mod.

Do you have more pics? Curious, how far up does the filler go? And which end would it be better to fill from...

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Do you have more pics? Curious, how far up does the filler go? And which end would it be better to fill from...

The filler goes up to within 3/8" of the mouthpiece. I could only fill from the battery end. When I tried with a syring from the mouthpiece end the liquid ran right out the other end, likely due to the tube mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
OK I'm curious now. These hold a ml of liquid? How long is the life of a carto in comparison to a normal attie? I use a SB with 510 threading, so if I tried a 510 carto, it would fit? I've never used a carto, I know the basic concept is all. Refilling using a syringe??? Like, a medical syringe?

I would suspect that the lifespan will be shorter than a regular attie based on what people have reported about KR808 atties. Also, cleaning them would be way more trouble than it's worth. At $2 apiece, if I get a week out of them (which I have with the KR808 cartos), I'll be more than satisfied. The main benefits of the cartos IMO are cheap disposable atties, efficient juice distribution and larger juice capacity. More difficult filling, no dripping and shorter lifespan would be the downsides.

They should fit anything with a 510 connector. I put about 1/2 ml in it. It very well may hold 1 ml with some patient filling. Many suppliers on the forum sell the syringes.

Geoff Murphy

Moved On
Mar 27, 2010
Ok, thought I was going to start a thread on these, but here is one already.

I got my 510 cartomizers from LiquidXpress, and guys, the friggin ROCK!!!

I've already popped the top, and alas, they are glued in, so it's not as easy, but it IS doable. Unlike the ones from the OP, the filler and straw only go up 2/3rd the way up, so they are not connected to the top. YES, you can drip these as with any carto.

For me, these are my favorite!! I've spent almost $2k on ecig hardware/software, from Blu, to Silver Bullet, and everything in between. These give me the best flavor, throat hit, and vapor. Plus they are 510, so fit almost anything. (most of my equipment anyway)

I keep my cartos topped off, I have vaped a few dry, and VOW not to do that again, and it's not that big of a deal to just top them off. That said, I just topped my first 510 carto with 10 drops and flooded it. (just blew it over the sink, good to go) I had been vaping on it since receiving it last night and figured I better add some. I guess they last longer than I thought. :)

I would say this, don't put these in your SB with 2x3.7 RCR123s in, TOO much. but at 3.7 alone, these friggin ROCK! (did I already say that?)

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Linked my account to facebook, thought I'd be able to use the same account/nick. Oh well.

Ok, I got a box of each of the 4 flavors offered at LiquidXpress. Have I mentioned that they friggin ROCK?!?

So, taboo is not my favorite, tastes like vaping butter. Tobacco is good, very nice flavor. Flu Cured is good, it's like a Marlboro Light. Menthol is almost identical to a Newport.

I love these things. I have some in my PCC, but mostly I have my laser mod in my pocket and have a couple 510 cartos (in their rubbers) on hand too. I'm vaping on my first refilled (yeah, the one I flooded) in my (black) Silver bullet (3.7v).

I have finally found my ideal setup. :D

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Just received some 510 cartomizers from Litecig. If these things have a decent lifespan and hold juice for half as long as a KR808 carto, I am sold! The vapor and throat hit is equal to a regular 510 atty and much better than the KR808. I would suspect that it is also going through juice much faster than a KR808, but so far a partially filled carto has outlasted any 510 cart config I have tried.

My primary reason for posting, though is to warn against filling by removing the mouthpiece plug. I ruined one by doing so, and as you can see in the following picture, the construction is different than the KR808 carto and does not lend itself to removing the mouthpiece. The tube going up through the middle appears to connect to the mouthpiece. I filled another one with a syringe and it worked, but I may try the condom fill method as well.

510_carto.jpg

cyberwofl,

Since you already ruined it, would you be willing to pull out the filler, unwrap it to get to the tube and see if there are any burn, melt, scorch (whatever it would be called) marks. I am very curious if they are doing the same as many KR8 cartos seem to doing. If you are willing would you please let us know. Thank you.

Last edited:

Firechief2

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Edmonton
cyberwofl,

Since you already ruined it, would you be willing to pull out the filler, unwrap it to get to the tube and see if there are any burn, melt, scorch (whatever it would be called) marks. I am very curious if they are doing the same as many KR8 cartos seem to doing. If you are willing would you please let us know. Thank you.

I did that after vaping it pretty much dry ---- no scorching. Not even any discoloration !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread