510 cartridge tips for the beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
A couple questions...
1. If you use the polyfill filler that comes with the cartridge, cut it in half.

Cutting the filler in half is going to let you add a lot more juice into the cartridge. Don’t worry, if you do it right, its not going to leak. This is basically making what people call a “Plug”, its like a slow leaking cork for your cartridge. Fill the cartridge up 85% of the way with your juice and push this sucker in there until its level with the top of the cartridge, the atomizer bridge will put it where it needs to go. I use this method all the time.

Won't the filler just float in the liquid? If it's loose in there how will it touch the bridge which is below it and how will the bridge put it where it needs to go? Wont having all that liquid in there make the liquid leak out the draw hole?

Thanks!

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
A couple questions...

Won't the filler just float in the liquid? If it's loose in there how will it touch the bridge which is below it and how will the bridge put it where it needs to go? Wont having all that liquid in there make the liquid leak out the draw hole?

Thanks!

No it wont leak out the draw hole... Don't ask me why but it doesn't lol. It has something to do with how the mouthpiece area is constructed, If you have ever opened it up you will see its not just a hole into the chamber. I think it works like a one way valve. The part of the filler you want to cut is the length, this keeps it just as tight as it was. You put it back in over the juice and the bridge pushes it into the cartridge to wherever it should be. Let me know if this doesn't exactly answer your questions...

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
No it wont leak out the draw hole... Don't ask me why but it doesn't lol. It has something to do with how the mouthpiece area is constructed, If you have ever opened it up you will see its not just a hole into the chamber. I think it works like a one way valve. The part of the filler you want to cut is the length, this keeps it just as tight as it was. You put it back in over the juice and the bridge pushes it into the cartridge to wherever it should be. Let me know if this doesn't exactly answer your questions...

I'm confused because it sounds like the filler will be close to the mouth end, not the atty bridge.
Also, do you know if this works with any brand? I want to pick up some Boge 510 cartos for my eGo.
Thanks again!

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
I'm confused because it sounds like the filler will be close to the mouth end, not the atty bridge.
Also, do you know if this works with any brand? I want to pick up some Boge 510 cartos for my eGo.
Thanks again!

Cajun83 is correct, and it should work with any brand of 510 cartridge as far as I know. The filler will only go in as far as the tip of the bridge, and thats where you want it.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
Thanks again!

There is a dual chamber thing going on. There is the space where the filler goes and on the outside of that are two small openings where you suck the vapor through the mouthpiece. you are not sucking through the filler material.

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
There is a dual chamber thing going on. There is the space where the filler goes and on the outside of that are two small openings where you suck the vapor through the mouthpiece. you are not sucking through the filler material.

Yeah exactly, you can plug the cartridge opening with your finger and still draw air, the openings are on the outside area, you will see them, little arches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread