The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

510 Disposable recharge problem

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by smonomo, Jan 23, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. smonomo

smonomo Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2009
    USA, Northeast.
    Went to plug my 510 disposable battery into a usb, and my computer shut down 8-o.. it started back up, but I'm dead dubious of trying it again..

Now what ? :(

2. sbphotog

sbphotog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    O-H-I-O
    ummmm, disposables are not supposed to be recharged...............that's why they are disposable. :confused::confused::confused:

3. hoogie76

hoogie76 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Hmm. that's a first.. Do you have any other powered usb ports like a hub, ac adapter or car adapter that you can try?

hoog

4. smonomo

Oct 4, 2009
    USA, Northeast.
    I guess you don't have one of these units. :rolleyes:

Hoog, I think I might have plugged it in too quick after the batt died, it's probably best to let it settle down for a few minutes,
    I have about 4 or 5 charges on the batt. I don't have anything else usb around here, I think I'll shoot over to Walgreens and pick up a usb car adapter.

5. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    You can try just the charger without the batt also to see which is causing the problem..

6. sbphotog

sbphotog Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2009
    O-H-I-O
    Nope, sure don't :p.

7. smonomo

Oct 4, 2009
    USA, Northeast.
    Just tried this...yep, it's a bad charger...instant shut down..

I tested my camera in the same usb port without a problem.

8. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    bummer, do you have an alternate charger? If not, I've got a bazillion of the others hanging around just buy a resistor and pay for shipping and I'll send you one..

9. j0ker

j0ker Classifieds Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    MS Gulf Coast
    FYI, it's never a good idea to plug passthrus or chargers into PC's. You stand the chance of shorting out the USB, which can possibly burn up motherboard. Trust me I know :(

What hoog suggested is your best option, get a powered hub.

Good luck.

10. smonomo

Oct 4, 2009
    USA, Northeast.
    Thanks Hoog,

I'll be placing an order when the new juice comes in, I'll leave a note in comments about the charger.

jOker
    Yep, that's why I don't use passthrus. I dodged a bullet this time, I won't be plugging anything e-cig into my comp ever again.

11. h8isgr8

h8isgr8 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2009
    smonomo,

Shoot me your addy and I will send you one of my USB adapters.

I bought two disposable kits, but I don't need both charge adapters. I might even have an extra USB wall adapter you can have.

12. smonomo

Oct 4, 2009
    USA, Northeast.
    Whoa!.. That's very kind of you h8, but I tell ya, I got so many FL mods and Nicosticks around here I can't think straight :D

Thanks anyway m8 :)

13. star4024

star4024 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    Everytime I go to madvapes I am getting a green security warning stating that the signature isn't verified. I don't want to put personal info there incase there is something wrong.

14. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC

Hi Star, I answered you in the other post but here is some more info if you are using FireFox..

Firefox 3.5.3 does not trust SSL GoDaddy certificate

and a little more commentary:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=tr&comments_parentId=315921&forumId=1

hoog

15. star4024

star4024 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2009
    I am not using foxfire but I get the warning. sorry about multiple posts. ECF gives me a hard time sometimes and makes me sign in over and over again. I am using internet explorer so I don't know what the problem is. But since I know it has been happening I am not too worried about it.

16. hoogie76

Aug 1, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Thaks star.. I was curious what browser you were using. I haven't seen the warning with IE before..

hoog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.