Not open for further replies.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Order sent.

Second thoughts. . .that nifty .99 cent needle glue bottle comes from China. Might as well order a kilo of them and drop ship them to COV. Then BB can throw a free one in with every order. Damn, wonder how many it takes to make a kilo. Liable to be 97 of um.

Cheers,
otrpu

Last edited:

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Have to say I am really impressed with these E2's
I have been using the same XL mega carto for over a week, not till tonight did I start to get a off(burn) taste.
I inserted the syringe and sucked out the juice that was in there and did a dry burn, it worked like a charm, tastes great again!
7 days on one Cartomizer and still going strong!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
He should have taken a lighter to the "wick". If it is silica rope (which is what I suspect) then it won't actually "burn". It will discolor, and perhaps even "char" a little bit, but it won't burn. The black patches on this wick may be just liquid residue.. the part that won't vape-away.

Will this help answer the question?

By what you are saying it seems to be silica... after this was done.. it wiped off like I never did it

EDIT: didn't realize that was an old post... computer fritzed on me.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I was unable to find out from the site exactly what the heck a wetbox is. There seems to be an integrated juice bottle or something, but it's hard to tell.

..oh, one more thing, About these ceramic cartomizers. These things being completely rigid should hold up to a sonic cleaner pretty well, unlike attys and traditional carts which have enough soft parts in them to make sonic cleaning not very useful. Has anyone tried using one? How well does it work? How many refills can one get from the thing?

Last edited:

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
Ok got a question about these XL R4 Cartos ive been using for a few days. From empty it takes just shy of 2ml to fill (1.8-1.9ml), and from full they are just WOW, thats all i can say, love em! Problem is i get a dramatic vapor and flavor drop off, ok its empty right? Wrong it takes 1ml to refill! Has anybody else noticed this? Is it just the Xls? If thats the case then id be better off getting the regular ones, since it would work out the same. Maby we need a R4.1? heh.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Ok got a question about these XL R4 Cartos ive been using for a few days. From empty it takes just shy of 2ml to fill (1.8-1.9ml), and from full they are just WOW, thats all i can say, love em! Problem is i get a dramatic vapor and flavor drop off, ok its empty right? Wrong it takes 1ml to refill! Has anybody else noticed this? Is it just the Xls? If thats the case then id be better off getting the regular ones, since it would work out the same. Maybe we need a R4.1? heh.

Yes, I get the same thing, you have to tilt you ecig or Mod almost upside down to get the ceramic cup wet to get vape and flavor again, I have been discussing these cartos in the E2 Technical thread with others, I'm glad you are not the only one who noticed this. There is definitely room for improvement with these XL cartos Dale.

Dale.s

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Houston, Tx
I tried a little experiment when they got empty, I used the syringe to try and suck the juice out and couldn't get any. It seems they work perfect as long as you have juice that has not been absorbed into the wick, then when it's all in the wick you run into problems. Is this a issue with the regular versions as well, or just the xls?

tristessa363

May 18, 2010
Houston, TX
I'm experiencing some flavor dropoff (I think these might be the second revision - regular w/ceramic), so I wanted to try cleaning these with everclear, and I think I saw somewhere that you are supposed to take all of the caps out first. First two - no problem. But the last one with the holes in it - I'm having trouble. I'm afraid of damaging the parts underneath, so I have not been too aggressive with the bent paperclip. Does this part need to come out? If not, how can I see the coil when doing a dry burn? Sorry, I'm not really familiar with the inner workings at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread