510, Ego, and charging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
So I have a couple of Ego batteries and the USB charger for them. It seems like I read somewhere that you can't charge an Ego battery with a 510 charger, is that true and if so, can you charge a 510 with the Ego charger?

I believe it's the other way around. You can charge your eGo with the 510 charger, but not your 510 with the eGo charger. The eGo charger since it's designed to charge a bigger battery quicker sends too much juice too fast for the much smaller 510s. The 510 charger to eGo does not have that problem, although it will charge at a much slower pace.

Kirssstens

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Thodeepught

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you have the high-speed USB charger for the eGo, it charges very fast in about an hour+ depending on whether you are charging a fully drained eGo batt or an XL eGo batt.
The regular USB charger for the eGo takes at least double the time.
Charging the eGo batt on the regular 510 charger with an adaptor (otherwise it won't screw in far enough to make contact) takes even longer than the regular eGo USB charger.
Charging the 510 on either the high-speed or regular eGo charger is definitely not the way to go unless you want to burn up your 510's.

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread