510 (ePower) to Volt Carto Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOrganicGypsy

Aug 7, 2011
Alabama
Help! I have ordered 2 adapters that I thought would work, and neither of them have fit the volt cartos. From what I understand the volt cartos are kr808d-2's. The first adapter I bought just said 808, so obviously that was my fault for not doing enough research. The second adapter was from LeCig. I have read several posts which suggested that they carried what I needed, but alas, when the part arrived, it isn't fitting the Volt cartos either. Am I looking for the wrong part, or does the part I am looking for not exist?

Should I give up and just buy some 510 cartos? If so, are their any cartos for the 510 that are comparable to the volt cartos? I'm told the volt cartos are considered to be pretty good.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
If you are referring to the Smokeless Image VOLT, it is a KR808D-1. Although a 510-to-901 adapter might not work (because of airflow), a 510-to-808/901 adapter (such as is sold by Good Prophets for $1.50) should work. I'm using that setup right now. The carto doesn't screw on the adapter all the way, but it is working just fine.

That having been said, the threading on adapters is sometimes a bit off. Also, either end of the adapter might not be making a complete connection to the battery or carto. Such things are finicky.

Smokeless Image VOLT cartos are "pretty good" (better than that actually). However, even more, I like three other cartos (all of which come blank and have ~2ml-capacity):

• The Smok Tech Mega/XL Dual Coil, available from many suppliers including deejStuff (clear only: $7.50/five-pack), LiteCigUSA (black or clear: $9/five-pack), and Vaping Zone (stainless steel: $10/five-pack).

• The new Elite 808 from CigEasy: $15/five-pack. [These have KR808D-1 fittings and would require that adapter I mentioned to use on a 510.] BTW, the complete Elite 808 (carto and batt) is a wonderful slender 380 mAh device, which I just reviewed. $50 for the two-battery/five-cartomizer kit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread