510 is a chicken!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
I don't get it. 510 was my first PV (I don't count the Blu). Was never able to get it to perform like everybody was claiming. Weak throat hit. Weak vapor. Bought another kit...same thing.

Got an 801 cuz the price was right. Fell in love immediately. Throat hit/vapor production were great with the right juice. Ordered 2 dozen attys from http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=187518http://www.ecigarettesales.cn.

My MIL saw my PV and wanted to give it a go, so I set her up with my first 510. Still weak (by my standards), but tolerable to her. Then again, I was doing good with it too before I tried the 801.

Just now, I set my little sister up with my second kit. When I was setting it up and trying everything, same weak hits.

What is the deal?! Is this just my luck or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

EtherMagic

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
I have owned the 510 Titan since August and it performs like a CHAMP!!!

Awesome Vape, great throat hit, etc!

I will say one thing...

I ordered 20 atty's and 10 batteries (5 white, 5 black, same with atty's, 10 white, 10 black). Some of the atty's are almost impossible to vape with, they are horrible! I also noticed some atty's fit fit better with different battiers. this has to do with how the threads are alligned to screw into one another.

I can say for a fact that I recieved 2 different versions of the 510, battery wiz and atty wiz.

Half seem to be older models, that don't fit right together and there-for have weak hits, the other half seem to be newer more refined models of the 510 and give powerful hits.

Mainly the white batteries and atty's are the older versions that seem not to perform aswell, as even the inside part of the battery looks different then the black models I recieved, they all have this little hole in the middle, the newer versions are flat inside the battery.

This tells me that these companies sell way less white models, and I got stuck with, what seems like, experimental 510's.

All in all I am happy, I know what to order next time around, I am staying away from the white models.

Also, whats wierd is that I can have a crappy hitting 510, unscrew the battery off, put one of the newer batteries on it and it hits a million times better!!! The way they carved the swines in the batteries have everything to do with it. Also some of my atty's where defective and only had one ventalation hole, the other hole was clogged by the seal!!!

This is what happens when you order in bulk, although I am sure all the older models been replaced by the newer ones, atleast they should have been by now.

I would guess you got stuck with some difective 510's.

Last edited:

ghost_inhale

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2009
Missoula, MT
I absolutely love my 510. Been using the same atty for 2 months now and it still hits and produces vapor like the first week! Bad battery life is my only complaint. Granted I've never tried the 801 (or any other models for that matter) but I have never felt the need to. To each his own I guess...or you just have bad luck ;)

Smooth Air

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
USA - Cedar Rapids, Iowa
My Blu doesn't count, and my Crown7 traditional is for remembering the good old PV days, and my 510s are simply gratifying. I rotate between 5 atomizers, cleaning them once a week. I have only ever thrown 1 atomizer in the trash early on because I didn't know anything about the cleaning process (or anything else about a 510 for that matter... lol). Now days I rarely ever have a problem, loads of vapor (if I want it), and I can control most all aspects of the 510 through with my choice of PV-liquids such as throat hit and vapor production. It is a learning process just like any other electronic devise you purchase. No 2 people smoke the same, and no 2 people vape the same... I think they call it preference.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Mainly the white batteries and atty's are the older versions that seem not to perform aswell, as even the inside part of the battery looks different then the black models I recieved, they all have this little hole in the middle, the newer versions are flat inside the battery.
I just checked, and all my 510 batteries have the hole in the middle, except for my USB Passthru battery. So you're saying these are all old stock? If so, how does one avoid getting old stock?

Psyc

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I'm over my 510, when the atty's get crap it gives me a headache, heartburn, swollen throat. Throw a brand new atty on there and it's smooth sailing for a few days, but then I get about 1 week of good vaping before it starts to f'in die.
This is fairly common with 510s. They get so hot that reaching the burning point for juice is easy. I just switch at that point and store the atty away for future boiling. Once I have a few stored up I boil them all. It extends the life on them a bit.

Really, though, atomizers are a disposable item. If I had to replace them once a week I'd still do it.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I don't get it. 510 was my first PV (I don't count the Blu). Was never able to get it to perform like everybody was claiming. Weak throat hit. Weak vapor. Bought another kit...same thing.

Got an 801 cuz the price was right. Fell in love immediately. Throat hit/vapor production were great with the right juice. Ordered 2 dozen attys from http://www.ecigarettesales.cn.

My MIL saw my PV and wanted to give it a go, so I set her up with my first 510. Still weak (by my standards), but tolerable to her. Then again, I was doing good with it too before I tried the 801.

Just now, I set my little sister up with my second kit. When I was setting it up and trying everything, same weak hits.

WTF is the deal?! Is this just my shìtty luck or what?

Any possibility you don't have genuine Joye 510's?

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Every 510 I have had has been far inferior to the 801s but I have only bought them from Totallywicked and Janty. I have owned many, many more 801s and RN4072s and they perform perfect for me, throat hit is out of this world! Penstyles are not very good with carts though I find! They don't really empty the carts and can taste burnt even though they are bigger so the 510 I use when it is inconvenient to drip.

I am the proud owner of blue, pink, wood grain, black, white and silver penstyles!!

EtherMagic

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2009
I just checked, and all my 510 batteries have the hole in the middle, except for my USB Passthru battery. So you're saying these are all old stock? If so, how does one avoid getting old stock?

One thing I may add before answering you question...

I actually have one of the older White batteries on one of my Black Atty's right now and it Hits GREAT!!!!

Like I stated, it has alot to do with the alignment of how the treads where carved into the atty and batteries that screw together. Now, if I took one of my white atty's, and unscrewed this white battery I am using on my Black atty off, then screwed a white atty to this white battery together, it will hit like S**T!!!

There are very few white on whites that I can screw together that work good, I would say 3 out of the 10 I received. Now, the problem I am talking about right now has nothing to do with one of the ventilation holes being clogged by the seal, it has everything to do with how the atty and battery screw together!

Some screw together to where it blocks both ventilation holes. Now, with this same screwed/messed-up 510, I can take the atty off, screw it on another battery and it will hit GREAT!!! Same with that Battery, I can unscrew it, screw it into a different atty and it HITS GREAT!!!

Now I am hoping that they have all there 510's on the same page! It seems as-though they had like 2 different machines programed differently carving the threads at different point for these things.

To avoid getting older models, order from a site that sells a ton of atty's and Batteries, this way the older models are cleared out. I also advise to order the BLACK atty's and Black Batteries, I had a very hard time finding anyone holding a white 510 at-first, all I seen where blacks being vaped on, from YouTube to pics, ETC!

I am ordering a good $150 worth on Dec 4th when Totally Wicked has there sale. I am only ordering the mega batteries (silver version) and attys, as these just came on the market not to long ago, so I know I will get perfected 510's!!! I also want the mega as I found that the fresher the battery, the MUCH MUCH bigger hit and vape you get! These mega batteries have some juice!!!! Really looking forward to my order! :)

Last edited:

MidnighToker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
NC
Any possibility you don't have genuine Joye 510's?

Yes. The second set (that I just gave my sister) had the "questionable" attys from Inno. The first set though (which does perform better) was legit.

Yep, the 510 must be so incredibly popular because it doesn't work good.

Lighten up jackhole. I was talking about MY personal experience. After 7-8 kits, 20+ mods, and 7 months I still have no idea. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm gonna mess with my sisters when she gets back from brawling shopping today. Weird part is that while burning off the primer it was going strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread