510 is Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickghouse

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2009
Yes, I expect to get flamed on this one.

Who could dare to stand against the favorite?

Well, me.

My 510's produce an OK vapor, little throat hit, ZERO flavor (even with High Voltage Drew juice, little lung hit (who rates on this?) and almost NO satisfaction (who rates on this?).

I vape my 510's when my other atties are close to extinction.

How do I spell pathgetic? I spell it "510".

Flame away! (or be truthfull and tell me how your 510's don't really satisfy you).

Rick G. House.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Rick--I am going to concur in part and dissent in part with you.

The 510 gives a great throat hit on freshly charged batteries, but the batteries only last 45-50 minutes for me so I will concur that the 510 for my needs did not cut it at all.

A moderate or light vaporer might get away with it, but not me. I have not tried the new bigger batteries that came out for it, but I went to a Mod anyway and have no desire.

You should at least get a dam good hit if you have good batteries that are charged, so you might have gotten some duds Rick.

Sun

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
Sorry I just can't agree. My 510 produces massive vapor, throat hit, and delicious flavor. However it is the only PV I have. However, I am waiting on my 901 and 801 adapters and atomizers to arrive from my last order. Maybe after that I could agree. I think the only reason you will get flamed is by calling it pathetic. Different people prefer different things. Otherwise there would only be one cigarette brand, one beer brand, one fast food company etc.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
(OOC, is there some hope of being flamed?)

I spell 'pathetic' "Smoking Everywhere".
With the common models on this board, it just depends on your tastes and behavior.

I agree with you partially on the flavor -- it's why I like to switch to cartomizers or 306 attys sometimes (901s actually seemed worse for me in the flavor dept).
Throat hit I have found entirely subjective and based upon juice and personal preference.
Vapor depends on juice and behavior and a host of other factors, but the 510 outshines my other models.

Don't think any of us want to try and stage a 510 conversion. Vive la difference and all that jazz.

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
The only real pathetic thing about the 510 in my opinion is the battery. It just doesn't have the "oomph" to really make the atomizer work as well as it should. I've found that using a 510 atomizer on a big battery mod (not necessarily high voltage) makes the 510 atomizer work like a champ. I get great vapor and throat hit from it, but the juice you use is just as important for that.

ceo51378

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
Annapolis MD
The only real pathetic thing about the 510 in my opinion is the battery. It just doesn't have the "oomph" to really make the atomizer work as well as it should. I've found that using a 510 atomizer on a big battery mod (not necessarily high voltage) makes the 510 atomizer work like a champ. I get great vapor and throat hit from it, but the juice you use is just as important for that.

Agreed. I have a Protege (w/510) - it's great. The atomizers seem to hold up better than 901 and 801's.

dwillings

ECF Veteran
I don't understand the issue people are having with the 510 batteries. My 510 is awesome. Great vapor, great flavor, and the battery is good in my opinion. I of course use a PCC, but nonetheless a battery will last anywhere between 2-3 hours for me, and my 510 is like a damn passifier for me. I'm constantly hitting on the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread