510 kits and parts suppliers - discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jann

Jun 12, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I am new to vaping, I read about lots of stuff on here in the last couple of weeks.
Thanks! it sure helps to sort through it all!
I began with the 97mm, wanted something that looked like my old analog

I got my 510 starter kit from Widows Beadwork, had fast shipping and love love love the 510! I just ordered a second! :) Will use the 97 as a backup now.

Dominocracy

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
United States
I have a question if anyone knows. The PPC for the 510 - will it also charge manual batteries? I'm wondering if the switch clears the hole where the battery is inserted for charging, or is the PPC for auto batteries only?

TIA,
Chris
Works with both.

Yeah, theres a little slot that the manual button slides in. Works pretty well too.

I'd also like to throw in that I bought my 510 starter kit from e-smokeytreats and it came with a dead battery. Both atomizers, the second battery, and the charging dock work excellently though.

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
am gonna get a 510 from electronicstix how far do u recommend this site is it quick that they ship or who is the best in shippin 510's

I've ordered from Jason/Electronicstix several times. Excellent customer service and very fast shipping...it's not uncommon for him to ship the same day you place the order. Typically gets here (Alabama) in 3 days

DrGabber

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Oswego, New York
Just wondering if 901 cartridges will work with my 510. I would like to try the small tip. Also, a good supplier referral please.

Ty

901 carts work just fine with the 510.

Rocky Mountain Vapor has the best prices I have seen for a US supplier, plus the shipping is free and fast. They have been getting great feedback too.

jmvallee

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
Newport News, VA
It would be very helpful to have these suppliers' phyical locations (city/state) listed along with their name/link. I get very tired of going to each web site & trying to find out where they are so I know how long an order will take to reach me.

While Priority Mail seems to be the standard, no on can explain why a PMail package sent from CA or FL to Virginia takes 2 days while anything sent from Chicagoland or midwest area in general takes 3 days!

While ship time is not under the control of these suppliers, I have learned from experience to only order from folks in certain geographic areas.
(No... I am not willing to wait an extra day - especially when I'm running low on juice or waiting for a new PV!)

my 2 cents... J

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It would be very helpful to have these suppliers' phyical locations (city/state) listed along with their name/link. I get very tired of going to each web site & trying to find out where they are so I know how long an order will take to reach me.
VERY good idea, especially since some of the websites you can't even tell where they are because they don't have an address or phone number listed anywhere.

hamsup1o

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
health cabin sells complete 510 kits.. 2 batts 2 atts, carts, and charger in choice of color. 5 kits For $146 shipped.. so thats a total of 10 manual batteries, 10 atomizers, 25 prefilled carts, 5 chargers. $146 shipped, and it takes 5 days to get it to your house.

d0kieSmok,
Was this a special that they had? I'm seeing $34.99/kit. That would be a great deal!

Laoshu

Aug 14, 2009
AR USA
I am a new PV user and just got a 501 kit today from Innovapor (about 3 or 4 days for shipping - good). Even though I've read through a lot of this site and was prepared for a break-in period for the atty, I am very disappointed in the taste I'm getting - presumably from the primer liquid (I did try to blow this out of the atty). It's a very nasty oily taste :( . I am trying to intermittently puff the 501 lightly like a cigar at the moment to try to get rid of this taste, while sticking with my analogs at a lower frequency.

It would be nice if the retailers warned us a little more about this problem. I knew about from this site and am still a little upset. It is a disquieting thing to face giving up analogs, and all the more so when the first taste of the presumed substitute tastes like crap. For a person who had no prior knowledge of the primer liquid and break-in period for this product, I would guess the first reaction would be more than 'a little upset'.

Anyway, does anyone know a way of getting rid of this primer taste other than just vaping it away ?

thanks - Jim eeeeeeep ! 8-o ( my sound for a mouse = 'Laoshu' )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread