Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Since Drew doesn't sell a juice fed product I don't think it's inappropriate to post this here. If you feel otherwise please let me know, no disrespect intended.

Last week I got my Mr Puffer(top fed 'juice box') in and slapped in a new NHaler LR atty I had ready and waiting. I was getting dry hits semi-frequently so I added a straw mod to the cartridge. Shortly after that my first atty died(within 24hr). I attribute it's death to the trial and error of getting the juice flow just right.

The second atty that I put in was Friday/Saturday and so far *knock on wood* it has been performing flawlessly. I'm still trying to get used to when and how long to juice it since it's a little different than dripping, but these two devices work VERY well together. I'm a heavy vaper and only have to change batteries once or twice a day!! The atty performs as well as it did with the XS-Haler I tried out, only now I don't have to try and drip one handed while driving :oops:

Don't get me wrong this isn't a substitute for the XSHaler, I still plan on buying one for home use. And my mother is very pleased with her XSHaler(#12),510 LR Atty, and metal drip tip combo I gave her for Mother's Day. She's not well versed in the technical aspect of vapping, but after two days it's still going strong for her! I believe this shows not everyone has to read forums for hours to not have their LR atty die in a day. Thanks Drew for helping make my mother happy on Mother's Day :thumbs::thumbs:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
It's all good, I would actually like to see a picture of that. My biggest complaint about vaping in general has always been how to get the same experience of dripping with HV at times when I can't drip, mainly while driving. The new 510 mega cartos on the XShaler have largely solved this for me, not exactly the same experience but a satisfying one for me, I'm still really impressed with how good those cartos are. I was toying with the idea of making a "juice box" for a while or Scottbees eGo mod, and am still curious. Something like that with an AW high drain battery and LR510 would be very cool.

I agree that using the LR atty's is really not that complicated, but it is a little more involved than just plug and play. My wife was the same way, she only used KR808 cartos before getting her XShaler, I showed her how to drip the LR510 and keep the atty primed and she's had the same LR atty going for a month now. With a little care and regular cleanings the LR's have proven to me to be as lasting as a regular atty.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Here's a picture of it with the NHaler LR atty next to two 30ML bottles for comparison. Soon after I made the last post about how awesome this pair was I started having issues. The atty battery connection soldering joint broke, not sure if that's the only issue but for now it's out of commission. Please note I don't believe the issue is with the NHaler products being used with it.

MrPuffer.JPG

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I've got the connection fixed but there seems to be an issue with the attys and 14500 batteries. I only have one atty that will work with this mod now, all my others 'died'. They work perfectly fine on my USB PT, but not the Mr Puffer(14500). I'm probably going to order some high drain models to see if those work.

jazzguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Plano Tx
That's odd. I have two mr. puffers locked and loaded, both use NHaler LR atomizers with 14500s. I've not had a single one that won't work with it.

I've got the connection fixed but there seems to be an issue with the attys and 14500 batteries. I only have one atty that will work with this mod now, all my others 'died'. They work perfectly fine on my USB PT, but not the Mr Puffer(14500). I'm probably going to order some high drain models to see if those work.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi guys, in case you haven't seen it yet here's a MrPuffer 'Tips & Tricks' thread trying to get started... Krythis, might be good to post the issue there too; maybe someone who could help would be more likely to see it. Also, it would be great if anyone here who's successfully used any other workarounds or fixes not mentioned there yet would post them there. :) Hard to corral all the various useful stuff into one place when there's no dedicated subforum (which some... like moi hehe... would need all of they can get of, should complications present! :p).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread