Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
So I charge a 510 manual battery ive been using for about 3 months. I notice once its plugged into the charger, its LED light turns on and stays on. Once its charged, the LED light is still turned on.

I pull it out of the charger and press the button and whatnot, but the LED light stays turned on. I hook it up to my atomizer and as soon as it connects the atomizer lights up and doesnt stop until I unscrew the battery. The LED light is still on.

Ive got it sitting next to me and the LED has been on for several hours now (hows that even possible?? My batteries usually dont last that long. Maybe cause its electricity isnt going anywhere?). Its been like this for a good 4-5 hours straight now.

Whats up with this? Ive heard batteries have some cleaning cycle thing built into them but im not sure. Is this what that is? When does it stop? I thought the LED FLASHES when its doing this cycle?

If thats not what this is, what are my options for stopping this? Ive pressed the manual button a thousand different ways, hasnt made a difference, its not "depressed" or anything either.

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
So I charge a 510 manual battery ive been using for about 3 months. I notice once its plugged into the charger, its LED light turns on and stays on. Once its charged, the LED light is still turned on.

I pull it out of the charger and press the button and whatnot, but the LED light stays turned on. I hook it up to my atomizer and as soon as it connects the atomizer lights up and doesnt stop until I unscrew the battery. The LED light is still on.

Ive got it sitting next to me and the LED has been on for several hours now (hows that even possible?? My batteries usually dont last that long. Maybe cause its electricity isnt going anywhere?). Its been like this for a good 4-5 hours straight now.

Whats up with this? Ive heard batteries have some cleaning cycle thing built into them but im not sure. Is this what that is? When does it stop? I thought the LED FLASHES when its doing this cycle?

If thats not what this is, what are my options for stopping this? Ive pressed the manual button a thousand different ways, hasnt made a difference, its not "depressed" or anything either.
you should have a short circuite inside the battery,let it rest in peace

NanoVapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
Western Canada
www.grbc.co
Just a lil update on this;

I left the battery with its LED active until it died. That took I dunno, 36 hours or so. I then popped it back into the charger and let it charge up. Now it works perfectly fine!! So whatever the issue was, the battery basically fixed itself by letting it die and then recharging it. *shrug* maybe it was the batteries cleaning cycle?

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
One of my manual batteries led light stays on. This started a couple of days ago. I can still charge it. It isn't getting hot nor does it burn the atty until I depress the button. It works fine I just have a mini flashlight.lol

Is there any reason to assume it is not safe? The other battery I had did make my atty s burn without depressing the button. It went bye bye. I am wondering if I should get rid of this one too.

A few times when I plugged up one of my No. 7 batteries for a charge, the LED lit up and stayed lit. Thinking this was weird, I unplugged the charger from the wall, then the battery from the charger(that's just how I always plug and unplug it.) Then I plugged it back in to charge it and it was fine. It happened maybe 4 or 5 times and always worked again after I unplugged it and plugged it in again.

I should note that I am, as I type this, trying to bring that battery back to life. I don't know if the problem I have now is related to the LED quirk I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread