510 manual battery weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesomega

Jan 3, 2010
NorCal
Long time lurker finally coming out of the woodwork with some strange Joye 510 manual battery issues. Has anyone run into an issue with their 510 manual batteries simply not holding a charge?

Last night, I had charged up three batteries and left them on my desk overnight to use today when I discovered that two of them were completely discharged (my desk is wood). They work perfectly fine if I pull them directly from the charger, but it kind of defeats the purpose of being a "battery" if it can't hold its charge while not connected to anything.

I'm going to run a test to see if the brass/metal contacting any surfaces might be causing a discharge (unlikely, but I need to be sure), although I think that the switch circuit in these particular batteries isn't "perfect," and might be causing the power drain (more likely).

Anyone else run into this strange issue that might be able to shed some insight as to what's going on?

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
Long time lurker finally coming out of the woodwork with some strange Joye 510 manual battery issues. Has anyone run into an issue with their 510 manual batteries simply not holding a charge?

Last night, I had charged up three batteries and left them on my desk overnight to use today when I discovered that two of them were completely discharged (my desk is wood). They work perfectly fine if I pull them directly from the charger, but it kind of defeats the purpose of being a "battery" if it can't hold its charge while not connected to anything.

I'm going to run a test to see if the brass/metal contacting any surfaces might be causing a discharge (unlikely, but I need to be sure), although I think that the switch circuit in these particular batteries isn't "perfect," and might be causing the power drain (more likely).

Anyone else run into this strange issue that might be able to shed some insight as to what's going on?

Sometimes when I would plug in a 510 battery to be charged, I would notice that the indicator light on the charger was green as if the battery was already charged. Knowing it wasn't, I'd have to unscrew the battery and then screw it back into the charger and then the light would turn red and it would charge. I think that your charger has been having some brain farts is all. I don't really think they are draining, just not charging properly. Make sure that there isn't any juice leaking through also. Blow through the led end while pressing down on the switch and see if anything sputters out on the atomizer end.:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread