510 Mega Cartomizer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
I bought a couple of these mega cartomizers from MadVapes. I paid $1.89 each, but they have a nice 10 pack deal for $16.00 if you prefer. I just don't know if I recommend buying them to be perfectly honest.

They are big. A whopping 65mm long outside of the connector not including the threads. They are purported to hold 1.5ml, but it seems like 1.2 is more likely. The draw on these if hard, or at least on the two that I got. Also they are represented to be about 2.5 ohms, but mine are 2.7 and 2.8 ohms, but I like that better anyways, because I put these on my 5v mod and 5v pass-thru and that seemed to improve the vapor production, which was a bit on the weak side in my opinion. I should have gotten a 10 pack because it is possible that I just got 2 that were not up to par.

I can not figure out why they even made these really. I mean 1.5 (or 1.2) ml is not really all that much juice compared to the standard cartomizers. 2.5ohms isn't anything spectacular either. I was curious though, so I tried them out, and I am left non-plussed. Madvapes themselves are stellar as always, but this is one product that I am a bit questionable on still. For now, I will not recommend they be purchased, but I will probably buy a few more at some point and revisit this review then, to see if anything changes. I don't think it will though.

Mark Linehan

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
A little upate on this. I used my dremel cutter and scored the cartomizer connector on each side and now the draw is much better. I don't know why they don't do this, but it helped both of mine quite a bit. I don't look like quite a fish when I am trying to hit these now. :D
Image21.jpg

MalabarFront

Feb 5, 2010
Virginia
I recently decided to try cartomizers and I too ordered from Mad Vapes.

They're definitely long; they look a little funny sticking out of my eGo cone.

My general impression is that they're OK although the vapor production is a little lower than I'm used to. One minus on these Bauway mega cartos (for me at least) is that they're metal all the way up. I tend to push in the white plastic ring at the mouthpiece and so I end up sucking on a ring of metal. Plus I tend to chomp down on the ends of my cartridges but since this is just black-painted metal, I've scratched off half the paint with my teeth.

I actually found the draw a little light -- but then I've only used one of the ten that I got.

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
I recently decided to try cartomizers and I too ordered from Mad Vapes.

They're definitely long; they look a little funny sticking out of my eGo cone.

My general impression is that they're OK although the vapor production is a little lower than I'm used to. One minus on these Bauway mega cartos (for me at least) is that they're metal all the way up. I tend to push in the white plastic ring at the mouthpiece and so I end up sucking on a ring of metal. Plus I tend to chomp down on the ends of my cartridges but since this is just black-painted metal, I've scratched off half the paint with my teeth.

I actually found the draw a little light -- but then I've only used one of the ten that I got.

Just as a suggestion. Get a Drip Tip and you would not have to put that white stopper back on. This will allow you easier access to the carto to refill it. Makes vaping easy and simple as it should be.

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
I've used these on my 5v PT, and I drained as much juice as possible, and then refilled with less than the first time. Less than 1.5ml eliminates the gurgling and increases air flow. They work better now, but I still can't get past feeling like they are just a slight bit better than standard carto's as they can hold a little more juice than the smaller versions. I don't know if that makes it worth it or not. On a personal note, I noticed that I can not get a paper clip all the way through the center air way of these carto's so I can not do my little paper clip spin trick to clear the juice out of the center on these. Maybe it is just the two I bought though. Can anyone else accomplish this? (put a straightened paper clip all the way through the carto and then use it to roll the carto backl and forth on your thigh or something and it spins the juice out to the sides of the carto and opens the airway in the center which improves vapor and flow IMHO.

MalabarFront

Feb 5, 2010
Virginia
Well, I pulled out the multimeter and checked to find that most of the ten cartos I got from Mad Vapes were at 3.0 ohms or above (as is the one I'm currently using). Only one of the ten was as low as 2.8 ohms.

This could have a lot to do with the lackluster performance. I would be curious to see how one at the advertised 2.5 ohms performs but I may never know since I'm disinclined to go with these again.

Mark Linehan

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Salem, MA
marknsalem.blogspot.com
I am going to order a couple more of these just to give a fair review of them, because just ordering two I think does not give me enough of a field for reference. I do like them holding more liquid, and now I have got it working better as I know how to tell when they are full. I still wish there was a way to spin them (not the taryn spin) but spin them like a drill bit to get the juice out to the sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread