510 passthrough questions/reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnlori

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
North Dakota, USA
Hey feathers, I ordered mine, should be in the mail today. Soon as I try it out I'll let ya know. I have a pt for my 901 and I love it. I use it all day at work...no changing batteries, lots more power and throat hit. I'm having trouble with throat hit and my 510 so I hope this will help me out. Maybe its user error on my part LOL. Ps, got your pm just hadn't received the pt yet. dawn

feathersncream

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2009
Northern VA
ShimmyPrincess: That's soo funny I was just checking out AltSmoke's site and decided to ask Rob what his thoughts were on it. BTW I've never ordered from Rob b4 but have heard some awesome things about his customer service and just based on how quickly he responded to my question I will be ordering from him in the future :)

This is what he had to say... I just figuered that I'd pass it on because may be it would help someone else too.

The Good:

The 510 passthroughs are great! I took one out of my last batch for my personal use, and here are my thoughts. I love it! The vapor is like using a full battery the entire time. The biggest draw back to the 510/yeti/dura/titan/etc is the battery life, we are working on this right now. But until than, the PCC/Passthrough is a great option

The Bad: Well I use strictly passthroughs and it was my first manual passthrough. Sadly, after the 3rd week of constant, non stop use, I noticed that the button started to not work. I believe the reasoning for this was I wore out where I typically push and it was slightly 'off', I was able to resolve this issue :p

The unit will not work without the battery, the battery recharges via the USB Device, and the passthrough then uses the Passthrough for power. Which is great, because if it's a full battery the unit will work for a short period of time without being plugged in :p

Judgement:

All in all, I give the Yeti a 8/10 as far as a passthrough is concerned. I love the sealed 'battery', so I don't have to worry about liquid getting into the unit :p I would definately recommend it

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
good info to know. I've had my Yeti for about 2 weeks now. Battery life is not long, but they do charge up fast. I am impressed with Rob and his eagerness to share info as well as his fast shipping and good prices. HYe also provides me with a weeks' worth of bubble wrap to pop :)

I don't use my PT all the time, but it's good to have if you're waiting for a battery to charge up.

good info to know. I've had my Yeti for about 2 weeks now. Battery life is not long, but they do charge up fast. I am impressed with Rob and his eagerness to share info as well as his fast shipping and good prices. HYe also provides me with a weeks' worth of bubble wrap to pop :)

I don't use my PT all the time, but it's good to have if you're waiting for a battery to charge up.

Damn you love that bubble wrap! Het woman! Long time no hear! I been busy here fighting the good fiight... back to that now.. Legislators are waiting for studies and statistics!!!

I am brand new to the electronic cigs and do not understand what a pass through is, would someone explain in simple yet detailed language?

Also, does anyone know if the Enjoy batteries will work for the E-cigarette.

I thought paying more would get me a better deal and now seeing Enjoy may have been my best bet.

USB Passthru is a battery that has a wire coming out the end which plugs into a USB port on a computer. If you watched my "Intro to Vaping" video... you could see an explanation of it. It makes it run on your computers power so you don't need to recharge batteries. Some of them have an "inline" battery which means there is a little box on the wire that connects to the comp which has a battery in it and that battery charges while you are not puffing and then when you unplug it from your computer... you will still have some power in that battery and can continue using it for a short time.

kalc

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
Delhi, India
I got my order from eastmall last week that included 2 510 kits and Ed put in 2 free passthrough's to my surprise! But, they didn't have any batteries, but Ed is taking care of that for me, so when I get the batteries I'll let you know!! :)
Do you mean you have got the kits without batteries:confused:
I was going to order a 510 kit yesterday, but they seem to have run out of passthroughs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread