510 PCC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
With the 510 PCC, if you stick a partially charged battery inside, will it charge back to full status?

Is there a possibility of overcharging the battery, or draining the PCC if you leave the battery in too long? Or will it just turn off when its done charging?
Reason being is that I dont want to carry around the PCC, along with a fully assembled e-cig. I prefer to have 2 batteries on me at all times for obvious reasons though. If only they made a model that was slightly wider that would hold an assembeled 510 next to the battery that is on charge. Then you could have 2 complete 510s and 2 spare carts, and the charger, all in once nice package. That's a fully day away from the wall wart for me.

Then again, none of this may matter anyways, considering I also ordered a passthru. PCC while on call, and passthru when driving or surfing the net. :D

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
You can put a partially charged battery in the PCC and it will charge it back to full.

The PCC will not and cannot overcharge the battery. But...... if you just leave the PCC with a charged battery in it.. for days.. it ultimately will drain the PCC and the PCC will need to be recharged. The 510 battery will be fine though and nothing is damaged.

I carry the PCC.. and I have my 510 in my pocket next to it. I use a pen-style clip on my 510. Works wonderfully for me and I don't have to open the PCC to gain access to the assembled 510.

meir

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2009
Kansas
I got a PCC and usb-passthrough about a month ago, can't live without them now. The PCC became almost useless to me immediately since I generally do most of my vaping in the car and at home so the passthrough is perfect. I used to bring 3 charged batteries with me every day, but with the passthrough I don't even get through one battery anymore. They both are quite useful though.

bluewraith

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
Peru, IN
I use the PCC + a USB car adapter and have my car charging all set, too, except...

It doesn't fit the 510 mega batteries, sadly. (I think some members have adapted it for the mega batts, though.)

Yes, I belive they have. I saw a video on it before. The video involved removing the innards, and dropping down the charger port however much it needed, then regluing it down. Only problem caused was that you would need a spacer to use the regular 510 batteries in the PCC.

This is the only post related that I can find though.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sion/51770-510-mega-battery-6.html#post781638

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread