510 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Ok I decided to get a 510 kit to try out. Both atties have been broken in and there is no lingering taste of primer.

Now with that said. 1 atty is very hard to draw and produces little vapor. The other atty's draw has little to no resistance and not much vapor.

Logic would lead me to assume that one of these atties is bad but on the other hand neither of them produce the same amount of vapor as my m401's (I would estimate at 1/2 the vapor)

Before you ask my batts are manual, I do not drip I've tried blowing the atty's out and this is not because of a clog. I've rotated carts and everything else.

vapordad

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Oak Park, IL -- USA
Well, if you take all the variables away, what help can we give? Just kidding. I find that even the slightest amount of dirt or juice b/w the battery and attie can cause this to happen. When the vapor is poor it is either one of these for me:

dirty connection
dry atty
batt near needing a charge.

Sounds like you tried all that....maybe email the supplier?

Abyss

Aug 10, 2009
Sofia, Bulgaria
Well, I stated earlier in another thread - I am am fully accomplished flooder now! Seriously - I do it all the time, dunno how, but it happens too often.

So, I am on my way to become a full time, cleaner now. What I found so far:

Simptoms:
1. Hard draw
2. Less to no vapor
3. Little to no flavor

On-the-go fixes:
1. Vape directly on the atty
2. Make short, hard draws on the atty
3. Repeat step 1
4. Blow on the battery end of atty and repeat step 1

Long-time fixes:
1. Blow at the cart end - hard and long. Be careful - it's a mess!
2. Repeat step 1
3. Blow on the other end - hard and long
4. Wash with hot water and blow occasionally
5. Repeat step 1 and 3
6. Towel dry both ends
7. Drip 1-2 drops, refill cart, let it sit horizontally for a minute or two.
8. Enjoy!

Guidelines:
1. Draw/blow should be almost effortless on both ends if atty is not damaged or flooded.
2. Whistling sound when blown mildly
3. Hissing sound is produced when atty is wicked well and fired

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Abyss

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
I have had several attys that draw harder than they should. Sometimes it is caused by the white nylon insulator is partially blocking the 2 air holes just above the threads. Look at the air holes and see if you can see if they are partially blocked by something white. To fix this I use a safety pin to stick in the holes and sometimes you can force it down. Also some attys do have a natural hard draw and there is no way to fix the problem.

Kevin

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
I have had several attys that draw harder than they should. Sometimes it is caused by the white nylon insulator is partially blocking the 2 air holes just above the threads. Look at the air holes and see if you can see if they are partially blocked by something white. To fix this I use a safety pin to stick in the holes and sometimes you can force it down. Also some attys do have a natural hard draw and there is no way to fix the problem.

Kevin

I think that might be the ticket. The one with the hard draw has both air holes 3/4 blocked and the one with the smooth flow has them 1/4 blocked. I'll see if i can remedy it.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Ok, now that my atomizer's are drawing allright... Why won't these attys wick any liquid out of the cart. I'm running pg marlboro and pg hilton in these. Doesn't seem to wick anything after 3 puffs or so with adequate spacing between puffs. And yes I've blown the attys out multiple times. I cannot get these things to wick properly. I swear I have never had this much trouble with wicking. My m201 wicks excellent and my m401 wicks excellent. This thing doesn't suck anything out of the cart. I mean It's still 9/10th full.

If no one can say anything but that I need to mod the cart then I'm gonna sell these Pos and get some manual batts for my m401.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread