510 style disposable

Status
Not open for further replies.

julianka

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
NE Pennsylvania
I've never used a 510 besides these disposables, but personally I have pretty much given up my 401 for these. But it's always a matter of personal preference. My only issue now with the 401 is that it's so small, which I used to love about it, but I've gotten used to bigger PVs (901, KR8, and now the 510.) Plus the 401 has a much harder draw. But whatever works for you. Hey, I'm unimpressed with the KR8 cartomizers and most people think they're the greatest thing since the wheel, so don't feel bad!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Can anyone say "Yes, the disposables work and act just like the regular 510 does." Or not and why. Still not seeing the big deal with the 510, and I'm trying. Looking more and more like I stay M401.

Haven't tested mine out yet. I know all my other 510 are manual and not auto like this disposable so that may make a difference. I'll see soon. Just so many things to test lately that I keep putting some off.

In general I know I like the 510 better because I get better vapor production and more flavor. I do like the m40x style though for the more realistic replacement. I always packed my smokes tight so the harder draw and the size definitely feel more natural.

they all have different characteristics and people like them for those determining things. some like the 401 better, some like the 510 better its all just finding what is best for you really

:thumb:

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
Julianka - I actually like the size of the 510 better than my M401. I guess my biggest problems have been the light draw and lack of a throat hit.
I guess preferences are what make the forum interesting. We all know it's always a loaded question when a noob asks "Which one should I buy for my first?" First ones out there are 510s, the KR8s, M401s and on and on and ......

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Been using mine all afternoon and I have to say it performs very well. It's actually the first 510 I've used the cart on instead of dripping with a blank (don't want to flood the battery) and it's working well. I'd definitely say it's comparable to the real 510s.

Now a couple questions.

If I remember correctly I think I saw it mentioned somewhere that these don't flash to let you know the battery is almost dead. Is that correct?

The one time I recharged mine so far the red led on the battery stayed on and then went out after about an hour or so. Is that what they normally do when charging these ones?

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Okay, the 510 disposable...

Round carts that come with leak a little, versus the whistle tip that are perfect fit and don't.

Recharging - light stays on until recharged, then goes out - about an hour.

Number of recharges - I'm at at least 20.

Taste - Like my double mint in the 510. Like my cream in a 401.

For a trial, the cost was perfect and I decided to get a PT, as the double mint is my all day vape.

It's nice to change the batteries more than the cart.

Great buy for cost. I would have NEVER tried a 501 otherwise.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
If I remember correctly I think I saw it mentioned somewhere that these don't flash to let you know the battery is almost dead. Is that correct?

No, it's not correct - battery did flash on mine.

Now I have a question - love that "USA mix" which comes with these disposables, so anyone knows what kind of juice is that and where to get it?

Shawn, do you have it?

Edit: Shawn, found that USA mix is available from you, but again the question is is it the same as in the prefilled cartridges in the disposable kits?

Last edited:

berthoff

Dec 29, 2009
Seattle WA
I just ordered a couple of sets. One for a friend, who doesn't smoke but likes the look and figures this will keep her constantly-busy hands away from the junk food. ;-)

I got extra cartridges, so I can give her some 0 nic in fun flavors. I take it you don't do 0-nic?

I take it they'll work with a 510 pass-thru for the home machine. When will those be back in stock?

I also need a charger for my DS601 pipe. When might those be in?

Thanks!

Bert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread