Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have been wanting to try out the new 510-T batteries since they are 340 mah.

1) Are they totally compatible with the regular 510 atty (and, therefore, the 306 atty and the adapters for the 510 batt)?

2) How is the 510-T atomizer? Figured I might just go ahead and check it out while I'm at it, just order the whole kit instead of just the batteries. One more toy to experiment with. But, I'm getting the feeling that the tanks may have some issues. Are they worth giving a try?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes, they are compatible.

You can't just order those batteries alone as they require a different charger--you can't use the 510 charger you already own with 510-T batteries.

The 510-T tanks work well, but they are very small--0.5 ml capacity. You'll end up refilling them constantly. But they work just fine with regular 510 batteries. I have a 280 mAh 510 manual and it lasts me awhile. I use it sometimes when I'm out and about and want my ecig to look just like a regular cigarette. But I use eGos and Rivas for my everyday vaping.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I started using the 510-T atomizers and cartridges on my Riva 510 batteries a few weeks ago and so far I'm very pleased with the results.

Based on my vaping habits a Riva 650mAh battery will last me a good 24 hours and there is no leakage from the Tank atomizer/cartridge combo.

Some filling instructions show removing the cap/plug on the end, filling the tank straight from the bottle and then putting the cap/plug back in. However, if you use a syringe you only have to poke the needle through the hole and fill it up. Takes about 5 seconds.

Although the tank cartridge is small, using a syringe, it doesn't take any more time than it takes to remove a pack of analogs from your pocket, take one out, light it, and put the pack back into your pocket.

The 510-Tank seems to work best with thin liquids like pure PG, however, since thick liquids tend to not flow quickly enough to keep the heating coil wet during rapid vaping. This doesn't bother me since I'm strictly a Menthol, 100% PG user and I can vape as quickly as I want to and get no burnt taste.

Cleaning a cartridge is easy, just rinse it with warm water, shake it like a an old liquid filled fever thermometer and refill it.

Also there's no filler to worry about so it's easy to use the syringe to remove any remaining liquid before cleaning.

The atomizer is easy to clean, too, since it can be partially dissembled.

I rinse mine out using warm water, shake it as I did the cartridge to remove as much water as possible.

If you use tap water I would then suggest flooding it with Everclear or Vodka to drive out any remaining water and impurities. If you use distilled water this step is not necessary.

After cleaning and you want to do a dry burn use a small screwdriver to pry the wick/piercing device to one side and shake it out which will expose the coil. Do a normal dry burn then put the wick/piercing device on the end of a cartridge and push this back into the atomizer until it pops back into place.

Happy vaping.

Live Fr33

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: registered supplier posting in unauthorized area

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
OK. I just couldn't wait to get responses. I couldn't resist that long. So, I went ahead and ordered the 510 tank kit.

There's not much to say about the battery. It's just a battery.

The 510-t atty is . . . interesting.

It doesn't wick well at all. But, by constantly pulling the tank out to drip a little on the wick, I found that it's actually better for dripping than a regular 510 atty. But, that's about it.

So far as taking the cap off the tank to refill, don't do it. Use a syringe instead. I took the cap off the first one I used. After that it wouldn't stay on when I used it. It would come off inside the atty and get stuck. That's where it still is right now. I can't get it out.

Very disappointed.:nah:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
OK. I just couldn't wait to get responses. I couldn't resist that long. So, I went ahead and ordered the 510 tank kit.

There's not much to say about the battery. It's just a battery.
Get yourself a couple of eGo or Riva batteries. Makes all the difference in the world.

The 510-t atty is . . . interesting.

It doesn't wick well at all. But, by constantly pulling the tank out to drip a little on the wick, I found that it's actually better for dripping than a regular 510 atty. But, that's about it.
These do not work well with thick e-liquids. 90%/10% PG/VG is about all they will stand. I dilute my 100% PG with about 10% PGA. You can also use Vodka or distilled water.

So far as taking the cap off the tank to refill, don't do it. Use a syringe instead. I took the cap off the first one I used. After that it wouldn't stay on when I used it. It would come off inside the atty and get stuck. That's where it still is right now. I can't get it out.

Very disappointed.:nah:
If the cap won't stay on, just hold the tank with the open end up when you take it out or put it in.

Also, if the tank is okay (not split or warped out of shape) LiteCig has some replacement caps Joye 510-T Tank replacement Cartridge Caps

The T atomizer is very easy to clean, and I highly recommend the dry burn. Do this at least once a week.

Getting the cartridge piercing needle out the first time is a little tricky, but from then on it just pops out very easily.

If the wick doesn't get pulled out of the needle, don't pull it out yourself. Just leave it where it is and run clean water over it and brush it with your finger. If it doesn't turn white then just put it in a flame from a cigarette lighter for a few seconds and then wash it again.

If you're still not getting a good flow, push the wick down inside the needle a little bit. About a hair's width each time.

These tanks work great if you'll just take some time to tweak them a little.

Andante51

Nov 20, 2011
Michigan
I have had great luck, as well as a close friend, with 510-T kits with the XL auto 340mah batteries, purchased at MyFreedomSmokes, but I just checked (Feb 2012) and they are out of stock. I do always use the low resistance atomizers (that the aforementioned site DOES now have in stock), and battery life is still excellent. In 3 months, both of us have never had an issue; the atomizers don't leak, so no leaks to kill batteries.

I am so glad I found the larger XL tanks - they work great, and although they don't hold a lot more, the regular tanks were ridiculously small. Now, where did I get them? I would have to dig through dozens of invoices from the past 3 months, should be able to find with google search, will try to post where I got them later, I'm falling asleep. Just saw one site says they are 40% larger than the regular tanks. Wherever I bought them they came in clear and black, I like the black - I can still see them for filling with a syringe, as long as I hold up to some light, laptop works great for that. Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread