510 tank question? Need help badly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

t55bush

Oct 4, 2013
Here's the issue just recently bought a vamo and it's alright, needless to say I'm not super impressed! Problem I'm having is that when I upgraded I didn't want to have to buy new tanks so I kept my x5 kanger evods because they work! Now the problem is that I cannot screw them all the way down because if I do the top have of the tank unscrews before the base and juice spills all over. The other problem same cause is that if I do not screw them all the way down the threads feel loose and wobble! Someone on here told me to get a thread adapter witch seemed to solve the problem but you have to screw the adapter in pretty tight and there's a gap, and a beauty ring didn't do much of anything....

Also am u wrong for using 2-3 different tanks throughout the day for different flavor juices? Should I just be using 1 and filling them every time with different flavors?

And last I plan on upgrading to something abit more visually pleasing! What is a good tank that's not super expensive and rebuild able?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Tanks and various mods don't always match up like you'd want them to. I use a stainless Evod on my Zeglei Zmax V3 and the knurled ring goes out of sight inside the recess when I put it on. I've never had it unscrew when I take it off to fill it. I install it using light finger pressure and stop when my fingers slip. I don't crank it.

You might try lubricating the threads on the Vmax with a tiny amount of Vaseline or Nyogel. Some like Ox-Gard or Noalox (metal based conductive thread compounds). The easiest thing would be to find the lightest screw in pressure that works reliably and the problem may go away. It's always best not to overly tighten an atomizer. The center contacts are set in a silicone sleeve and can back down into the connector from an over-tight install. Then, you have to crank it to make contact or use a tool to work the contact back out to build specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread