510 to 901/808-D Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadState

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Redwood City, CA
I have one of those adapters, and what I found was that all the airflow was through the center hole, even though two holes were drilled on the side over the threads. It ould probably work fine on an auto battery as is. I couldn't draw on it at all on my box mod with sealed battery connector. A closer look revealed that the side holes were being blocked by the silicone insulator inside the adapter. At first I just picked away some of the silicone with a safely pin, until one of the holes was opened up. That worked OK, but I just discovered that the center post inside the adapter is actually two pieces that can be screwed apart. I unscrewed them and pulled them out along with what turned out to be two silicone grommets. I used a razor knife to slice off some of the silicone on the one grommet,where I had picked at it, so that the shoulder ring was kind of triangular instead of round, and screwed everything back together, aligning two of the cut sides with the side holes. Draws much better now.

natura

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
USA-Western NY
Well in fairness LOL I wasn't exactly using them as their intended purpose!!
Didn't think about that at the time.
I use them to go from a 808/901* (BLOOG/E9) bat to 510 atty then 510 bat to 808/901 cartos (reg cartos lol on a E9 Bloog!).

I also had previously purchased a 510bat to 808/901carto elsewhere and they worked great together (when thread one onto one and the other onto the other and THEN together). So when I went With Hoogs adapter- it didn't draw nice at all compared to the other..fiddled around with it and couldn't get it to hit like the other. BUT-I did last time get it to hit nice LOL but can't remember what I did ... aw drats now I gotta get the stuff out and figure out how I did it to get the good hit. OHHHHHHHH Thanks BadState- I probably just tried it on a auto bat.

So Hoog--->pretty sure not many people are trying to do what I did LOL. I forgot to mention that part to ya..I know who figured a babbler like me could leave something out?? stuff happens hehehe. My newest mod will have the standard 808 bat on it and that should work great since I was your problem child.

Any ETA on 18650 no writing flashlight? I hate ordering every other week here.. and when it's not here tends to be there grrr feature item and MV in same week OH NOOOO

*purchased from my other favorite vendor. I have two. Now- if you all stop bragging out this place up maybe he can keep stuff in stock LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread