510 Vs. 510 LR Vs. Tank Vs. Clearomizer CE2 - REVIEW

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
It's been a long time since I've done a review but I thought this one would help as it would have helped me!

Recently, I wanted to try out some new tech. My goal was remove the need for me to carry my bottle of juice around with me for the day.

I did some review reading, but there's nothing like trying stuff out for yourself. So here are my results.

First, a little about myself. I've been vaping since July 7th, 2009. Haven't had an analog since.

My vape of choice is a 510 LR atty and an eGo 900mAh, 3.3 V battery both from Heaven gifts.

Personally, I think this is a great looking device with fantastic performance.

This is the ONLY battery used for the purpose of the review.

The juice I used was Dekang watermelon 11mg.

For the 510 and 510 LR I use a modified tea bag for my carts. I stick a bit of poly wadding on the bottom of the cart then sit the tea bag on top of it. I feel the poly acts as a bit of a spring pushing the tea bag up into the atty. This prevents me from having to "fluff up" the tea bag as much. The spring action will sometimes cause me to crimp the mouth of the atty for a tighter fit on the mouth piece. I do this by rolling the tip of the atty between a hard table and some other long hard item (no jokes please) like a ruler.

Ok, onto the review...

CE2 CLEAROMIZER

I bought the 2.4-2.6Ohm XL from Clouds Of Vapor for $12.99. They came in a pack of 5 and included a mouth piece.

You fill it using a syringe through a tiny hold under the mouth piece which requires you to take some components apart to get to the fill hole. It holds about 1.8mls of liquid. If it worked and you only had to do this once a day, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but alas...

Bottom line - GARBAGE!!

The flavor was HORRIBLE. Very burnt taste no matter how much I shook, let it sit, held it upside down, right side up, on it's side, vaped with it pointing up down or sideways. I tried EVERYTHING and could not get it to taste right.

It did produce vapor, but less then the 510 or 510 LR and about the same as the tank.

There was only a VERY slight throat hit when I took a ridiculously long mouth hit and then inhaled. But... YUCK.

At times, I did get a little juice in my mouth.

I would not recommend this product at all.

eGo TANK

I bought the tank from Totally Wicked. They call the eGo the Tornado. The price was $16.99 (INSANE) and came with a mouth piece. They call the mouth piece a "blanking cap" that DID NOT have a tank. Guys, for $16.99 you can include ONE tank. Really. So I also bought a pack of 5 empty tanks for $7.99. Christ, who is buying hardware from these folks!

Ok two rants (three if you include the last paragraph) before I get to performance.

1) They brand their atty with the ridiculous (IMHO) little devil and the word "Tornado". I understand the need to brand, but it doesn't line up with the battery button. I think it just looks silly. Come up with a logo you can stylishly wrap around the entire atty. That may look better.

2) The other issue I had is with the mouthpiece. I use a standard round tip. This thing... every time I put it up to my mouth I had to adjust it. It never seemed to line up with my lips correctly. I know, I'm insane, but it annoyed me.

Ok so how about the performance?

First, a note. I REALLLLLLYYYYYY wanted to like this thing. I think the concept is fantastic and has a lot of potential. Of course, the definition of "potential" is "capable of becoming" which assumes the future.

The tank holds 1.2mls of liquid. You fill it by either popping the top off and dripping into it, or if your tank is a non-virgin, you can also use a syringe to inject into the tiny opening.

Once full, you put it on the atty and a spike pieces the bottom, taking it's virginity, allowing the liquid access to the atty.

After I popped it I waited about 10 minuted before use and then used it for the day.

Since I typically use a 510 LR atty, I didn't want to make that comparison, so I compared it to a standard 510.

• The flavor was there, but not nearly as clean or full as the 510. Heavy use produced an "off" or slightly burnt taste which went away after some time or three or four quick, un-powered primer puffs.
  • The vapor was there, but not the quantity of the 510 and CERTAINLY not that of the 510 LR.
  • The throat hit was BARELY there on a massive mouth hit and inhale, but not nearly as strong as the standard 510 and doesn't come CLOSE to the 510 LR.
  • On the positive side, I never got any liquid in my mouth.

Let me put it to you this way. After vaping it for a day, I put my 510 LR back on the battery, took a regular mouth hit followed by an inhale an I inadvertently let out an "AHHHHHHHH"

Remember, my main goal was to get rid of my bottle for a time. I'd say I vaped up a tank in about 2 hours. Of course that's certainly a LOT longer I get out of my tea bag mod, but it's still not a day and I'd still need to carry a bottle and when it does need a refill, it's not NEARLY as convenient as dripping into a cart.

I think an LR version is warranted and under development, but there will still be the issue of getting the liquid to the atty fast enough to prevent a burnt taste. Also, a 1.2ml tank is a good idea. A 5ml tank is a better idea!

With all that being said, this may be a great starting device for a rookie, but I can't imagine an experienced vapor is going to be satisfied with it.

BOTTOM LINE

CE2 Clearomizer - JUNK - Needs a lot of work.
eGo Tank - Potential, but not there yet.

For me, old school is still the best school. I LOVE my 510 LR and eGo battery! Gobs of vapor, full flavor, strong and satisfying throat hit even at 11mg. Looks like I won't be leaving my bottle at home any time soon, but I'm sure to keep checking back!

Hope this helps and HAPPY VAPING!

Last edited:

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
It's been a long time since I've done a review but I thought this one would help as it would have helped me!

Recently, I wanted to try out some new tech. My goal was remove the need for me to carry my bottle of juice around with me for the day.

I did some review reading, but there's nothing like trying stuff out for yourself. So here are my results.

First, a little about myself. I've been vaping since July 7th, 2009. Haven't had an analog since.

My vape of choice is a 510 LR atty and an eGo 900mAh, 3.3 V battery both from Heaven gifts.

Personally, I think this is a great looking device with fantastic performance.

This is the ONLY battery used for the purpose of the review.

The juice I used was Dekang watermelon 11mg.

For the 510 and 510 LR I use a modified tea bag for my carts. I stick a bit of poly wadding on the bottom of the cart then sit the tea bag on top of it. I feel the poly acts as a bit of a spring pushing the tea bag up into the atty. This prevents me from having to "fluff up" the tea bag as much. The spring action will sometimes cause me to crimp the mouth of the atty for a tighter fit on the mouth piece. I do this by rolling the tip of the atty between a hard table and some other long hard item (no jokes please) like a ruler.

Ok, onto the review...

CE2 CLEAROMIZER

I bought the 2.4-2.6Ohm XL from Clouds Of Vapor for $12.99. They came in a pack of 5 and included a mouth piece.

You fill it using a syringe through a tiny hold under the mouth piece which requires you to take some components apart to get to the fill hole. It holds about 1.8mls of liquid. If it worked and you only had to do this once a day, it wouldn't be that big a deal, but alas...

Bottom line - GARBAGE!!

The flavor was HORRIBLE. Very burnt taste no matter how much I shook, let it sit, held it upside down, right side up, on it's side, vaped with it pointing up down or sideways. I tried EVERYTHING and could not get it to taste right.

It did produce vapor, but less then the 510 or 510 LR and about the same as the tank.

There was only a VERY slight throat hit when I took a ridiculously long mouth hit and then inhaled. But... YUCK.

At times, I did get a little juice in my mouth.

I would not recommend this product at all.

eGo TANK

I bought the tank from Totally Wicked. They call the eGo the Tornado. The price was $16.99 (INSANE) and came with a mouth piece. They call the mouth piece a "blanking cap" that DID NOT have a tank. Guys, for $16.99 you can include ONE tank. Really. So I also bought a pack of 5 empty tanks for $7.99. Christ, who is buying hardware from these folks!

Ok two rants (three if you include the last paragraph) before I get to performance.

1) They brand their atty with the ridiculous (IMHO) little devil and the word "Tornado". I understand the need to brand, but it doesn't line up with the battery button. I think it just looks silly. Come up with a logo you can stylishly wrap around the entire atty. That may look better.

2) The other issue I had is with the mouthpiece. I use a standard round tip. This thing... every time I put it up to my mouth I had to adjust it. It never seemed to line up with my lips correctly. I know, I'm insane, but it annoyed me.

Ok so how about the performance?

First, a note. I REALLLLLLYYYYYY wanted to like this thing. I think the concept is fantastic and has a lot of potential. Of course, the definition of "potential" is "capable of becoming" which assumes the future.

The tank holds 1.2mls of liquid. You fill it by either popping the top off and dripping into it, or if your tank is a non-virgin, you can also use a syringe to inject into the tiny opening.

Once full, you put it on the atty and a spike pieces the bottom, taking it's virginity, allowing the liquid access to the atty.

After I popped it I waited about 10 minuted before use and then used it for the day.

Since I typically use a 510 LR atty, I didn't want to make that comparison, so I compared it to a standard 510.

• The flavor was there, but not nearly as clean or full as the 510. Heavy use produced an "off" or slightly burnt taste which went away after some time or three or four quick, un-powered primer puffs.
  • The vapor was there, but not the quantity of the 510 and CERTAINLY not that of the 510 LR.
  • The throat hit was BARELY there on a massive mouth hit and inhale, but not nearly as strong as the standard 510 and doesn't come CLOSE to the 510 LR.
  • On the positive side, I never got any liquid in my mouth.

Let me put it to you this way. After vaping it for a day, I put my 510 LR back on the battery, took a regular mouth hit followed by an inhale an I inadvertently let out an "AHHHHHHHH"

Remember, my main goal was to get rid of my bottle for a time. I'd say I vaped up a tank in about 2 hours. Of course that's certainly a LOT longer I get out of my tea bag mod, but it's still not a day and I'd still need to carry a bottle and when it does need a refill, it's not NEARLY as convenient as dripping into a cart.

I think an LR version is warranted and under development, but there will still be the issue of getting the liquid to the atty fast enough to prevent a burnt taste. Also, a 1.2ml tank is a good idea. A 5ml tank is a better idea!

With all that being said, this may be a great starting device for a rookie, but I can't imagine an experienced vapor is going to be satisfied with it.

BOTTOM LINE

CE2 Clearomizer - JUNK - Needs a lot of work.
eGo Tank - Potential, but not there yet.

For me, old school is still the best school. I LOVE my 510 LR and eGo battery! Gobs of vapor, full flavor, strong and satisfying throat hit even at 11mg. Looks like I won't be leaving my bottle at home any time soon, but I'm sure to keep checking back!

Hope this helps and HAPPY VAPING!

I agree on the clearomizers-JUNK. The Tank system is ok, but I will say that I don't get the taste of my juice through the tank as well as I do with a cartomizer.

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
I've found with the clearomizers that some juices work better than others. Also, you definitely have to let them sit for at least 10 mins before taking your first drag off them, to allow the juice to absorb into the wick. I normally drip one or two drops of juice directly onto the coil before my first vape to speed up the wicking process.

If you want my take, we did a review of the CE-2 clearomizers here: Cooper and Gary review the Brand Spankin' New Clearomizers | eCigology

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Now that there's some discussion outside of suppliers' forums, I wonder how many others will agree that regardless of what they're called or where you get them, clearomizers are nothing but a waste of money and time.

If you're a light-duty vaper (one or two puffs every ten or fifteen minutes) and have time to futz around pulling stoppers and rings and STILL use a syringe to fill 'em they may have some value. For anyone else, worthless.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Pretty much the same for my experience with Clearomizers. I gave the first two in my pack the benefit of doubt (why I don't know, may because I am a glutton for punishment). After trying out the rest of them, same thing, no matter what kind of trick I tried that other have suggested or I could think of, the end result was they suck. The taste is horrible! The only thing I really liked about them, was that it was easy to pull the threaded end off and dump my un-used juice back into a bottle, so it wasn't wasted.

Already have some tank atties and carts on their way, so will try them and see.

Thanks for the review, glad to see it wasn't just me or a case of a "bad batch".

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
...The only thing I really liked about them, was that it was easy to pull the threaded end off and dump my un-used juice back into a bottle, so it wasn't wasted...

rotfl.gif

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
Well I bought both of these off of pbusardo but didn't get to read his review until now. But I have used the fluxomizer (Clearomizer, EC2 whatever you call it) and found that it is totally depends on what juice you use. My tobacco flavors sucked in them, but I am a big time vanilla vaper and that did great, still using the first one for over 2 weeks now and performing great. I was going to buy the tank no matter what, plenty of reviews for and against. So looks like I will stick with vanilla in this also. But in all honesty, I really feel it comes down to the juice you use for these carts" to work at an acceptable level. I have been looking at the Vapemate from Super T, but still have a problem with using such a large appendage off the PV. In actuality if we all wait another 6 months I am sure some great new devices will be out and instead of jumping on the newest device I am going to hold off on buying any of the newest devices. I am going to stick with the tried and true I have now and just wait. The only problem though is that I am in NY and I might not have the time to wait if they outlaw e-cigs here. Looks like I will be buying lots of attys and nic juice to get my stock up.

Oh yeah I love TW, they been great to me, so can't agree with that part of the review, might be the devil in me.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I liked the ce2r4s also. I need some tank capacity for vaping as i'm over 6ml a day. If you were a part time analog smoker, there are probably lots of options, but for those of us coming off 3 packs a day we need one helluva punch to get off. Dripping is almost out of the question, exept for messin around. Regular LR cartos with poly only holding 1m or less. I turned wrenches all my life with a cig hangin out of my mouth, and refillin little cartridges every 15 mins was a horrible inconvenience above and beyond a bottle + blunt tip needle.

If you smoked 1 pack a day, and dripping or little cartridges worked for you, why not just quit altogether? Christ, I couldnt make it 15 minutes without a smoke before. The whole habit is not even remotely cool socialy or even privately. Just quit, lol. Some of us need industrial sized PVs that hit like a truck and a IV full of e-juice so we can multi-task and work/vape at the same time with little interuption.

pbusardo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
I have to admit that while I haven't used any of these, I absolutely love my Vapemate from Super T. It comes with two 5ml bottles, but I have a 30ml bottle that attaches. I can use my 510 or 901 great flavor of dripping, and safer while driving.

The Vapemate with a bottle attached reminds me of a little paintball gun :)

fiercemoose

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
Great review man! FINALLY, someone has the balls and honesty to review a product correctly...

Mark to be quite honest... I was SUPER skeptical about the clearomizers because of all the bad press they've received but I really haven't had a bad experience with them. They're definitely finicky, but those of us who haven't had terrible experiences ARE giving honest reviews. It would be dishonest of me to say that they always taste burnt and produce less vapor, even though that was my assumption of how they would perform.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Thanks for the honest review! I have tried the CE2's in many configurations and they always make my tobacco all day vape taste like garbage. They are awefull. I started direct dripping in late may last year and I don't think I'll ever find anything better. The tank ideas are great and the CE2's looked and sounded amazing but from everything I have read, they do not live up to my 510LR's with a drip tip. Maybe someday someone will perfect a tank system or fillerless carto but, untill that day, there is absolutely no replacement for my LR's and a drip tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread