510 Weak Flavor or Is It The Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetasshugar

Oct 7, 2012
BC
So I bought a basic 510 model, the black ones that look like the gas station e-cigs. It has basically no flavor except a weak after taste. I'm bummed bcuz everyone says vaping is the bomb lol. I have tried the gas station e-cigs and they taste soooo good which is what I want, tons of flavor. So I am wondering if it is the 510 that gives it weak taste or the juice? Both maybe? I have the butterscotch flavor from evapers.com.
Please help???!!! LOL :confused:

Nitrobex

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Martinsburg WV
The cheap 510's are often higher resistance coil with a lower voltage atomizer that will give you low flavor.

Also if you are a new vaper your tongue is kinda dead at first from smoking takes a few weeks for it to pick up.

Butterscotch is kind of a mild flavor never tried evapers.com though so cant definitively say this is the issue.

juice takes some time to steep to wake up in flavor, never ordered from evapers.com so cant say this is the issue.

Hope this helps.

sweetasshugar

Oct 7, 2012
BC
Did you buy a 510 kit that comes with 5 blank cartos? If yes, I'm guessing you're not filling enough of your butterscotch juice in the carto. Each blank carto should be filled about 25-30 drops.

Hi there :)
Yes it came with 5 clear plastic cartridges. I filled them up so that there was just enough room to put the cap back on but blehhh lol. I need like bubblegum sweet and that is like lick the flavor off a day old wrapper sweet lol. About as gross as it sounds heehee.

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
Ah, cartos (cartomizers) vs cartridges can be confusing. Here's what cartridges look like:
cartridges.jpg

This is what I mean by cartomizers:
Cartomizers.jpg

If yours comes with cartridges, that means it also comes with seperate atomizers. I've used cartridges before, they're not great and doesn't produce good vapor or TH. I also have 510 and they work excellent with Smoktek 1.7ohm cartomizers.

Hope that helps.

NoMoreMondays

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Indiana
Sounds like you are using a tank system (remove small rubber cap, fill juice into plastic tank, pop cap on and punch onto the atomizer needle?). It's a cute little gadget, ... with insufficient fluid delivery. Take a step back and invest into an atomizer and a driptip (or cartridges), or take a half step back and get some cartomizers. The difference: Atomizer/driptip (or cartridges) need frequent refilling. A cartomizer can last you a few hours depending on the size you choose.
For a 510/510 Mega battery choose the SR's (standard resistance), else your juice will taste burnt after a few draws.
As far as the - I'm gonna call it - "bigger is better" goes: The eGo's are great and so are many mods (depending on the batteries that you use them with). The difference between the 510 and larger batteries is really simple: Longevity. A 510 will give you approx. 20 to 30 minutes of consistent draws without much of a change in flavor. After that the decrease in available power causes a decrease in vapor production and thereby taste. The longer the lifespan of a battery, the longer you'll enjoy a good tasting vape. That - of course - is affected by the atomizer, cartomizer or tank that you are using with the battery. Choose an atomizer or cartomizer resistance that compliments the battery.
Anything from eGo and up will support the use of LR (low resistance) atomizers and cartomizers. These will produce a much warmer vapor and more intensified flavor and that seems to be what you are looking for.
Good luck and happy vaping!

Nitrobex

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Martinsburg WV
Thx for the quick reply :)
I see that you have the ego twist. How is it for flavor? I heard they are great and it must be an improvement on the 510 el cheapo lol. I just ordered myself a ego twist 650 mah with a stardust cartomizer. Fingers crossed that it tastes good cuz I am not willing to by any more cigs.

Ego twists are nice, you can turn up the power and the 1000mah one lasts most if not all day. When I am going out in a social situation they aren't as "wierd" looking as my mods. They are a huge step up from the cig likes. Most times I use a mod though often you can get a cheap mod set up for the price of an ego setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread