555, MB, Virginia, RY4...best for mixing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I need to get a good tobacco flavor for mixing. It will be diluted by at least half with PG so I guess I want it strong. I've never ordered regular tobacco flavor before and have no clue what the differences are.

Need to order this morning. I'm smoking too many analogs because my homemade menthol has no nic and no tobacco flavor....

Input?

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
I need to get a good tobacco flavor for mixing. It will be diluted by at least half with PG so I guess I want it strong. I've never ordered regular tobacco flavor before and have no clue what the differences are.

Need to order this morning. I'm smoking too many analogs because my homemade menthol has no nic and no tobacco flavor....

Input?

I've just started to mix too and am having the same problem. So, this week I ordered Virginia from MVS which is the strongest flavor from MVS out of all of the tobacco flavors. I'm going to try that this weekend. I think it's the best shot.
Stephanie

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I've just started to mix too and am having the same problem. So, this week I ordered Virginia from MVS which is the strongest flavor from MVS out of all of the tobacco flavors. I'm going to try that this weekend. I think it's the best shot.
Stephanie

I wasn't too sure about that one because it says light, subtle tobacco taste...especially since I'll be cutting it. I really wish they'd sell this stuff somewhere besides online.

Another Pennsylvanian....cool!

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
I wasn't too sure about that one because it says light, subtle tobacco taste...especially since I'll be cutting it. I really wish they'd sell this stuff somewhere besides online.

Another Pennsylvanian....cool!

No, it's a strongest taste for sure. The Marlboro is good,but a little sweet. I have the 555 but didn't try that yet. I'm going to try mixing again this weekend because I tried the 50-50 mix too and that was awful. I may try a 60-40 mix and see how that goes. I really don't want to try the flavorings yet(like the loryann stuff people use) until I get more practice. Sounds like the ban will be here soon, so I don't want to waste any of my prescious supply:)
I didn't notice that you were from Pa. Nice to meet you here!
Stephanie

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Virginia has a good flavor and it's a fairly strong flavor. 24 mg holds up well with a cut down to 12 mg and it's still decent at 6 mg. But as far as a tobacco flavor? Ehhhh, if your looking for a cigarette taste, it ain't gonna happen for you.

Well, I ended up ordering 24 mg of 555, the 555 got a lot of raves so we'll see...

I know it won't taste like an analog but I need something to temper the menthol, like I said, it's like smoking weak vick's....

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Do you mean 50/50 eliquid and VG or what?

Steelers Fan???

Sorry,meant 24mg eliquid and PG or VG. 1/2 of each to bring to 12mg. The flavor does not hold up, so I may try 60% eliquid and 40% PG or VG and see if the flavor holds up better. If that doesn't work, there are tons of recipes here to try.
Eagles Fan!!!
Stephanie

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
Sorry,meant 24mg eliquid and PG or VG. 1/2 of each to bring to 12mg. The flavor does not hold up, so I may try 60% eliquid and 40% PG or VG and see if the flavor holds up better. If that doesn't work, there are tons of recipes here to try.
Eagles Fan!!!
Stephanie

Are you referring to the Virginia or the 555? Try more PG and less VG if you're using half and half. The VG for me overrides the taste of anything, I barely use any of it because of that.

You have my sympathies....:);)

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
Are you referring to the Virginia or the 555? Try more PG and less VG if you're using half and half. The VG for me overrides the taste of anything, I barely use any of it because of that.

It's definitely tricky, because the Glycerin tends to be very sweet, however, it makes such good vapor. I now only add two ml of glycerin, where is used to do 50/50.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
It's definitely tricky, because the Glycerin tends to be very sweet, however, it makes such good vapor. I now only add two ml of glycerin, where is used to do 50/50.

2ml per ?

What kind of glycerine do you use? I got 100% natural VG (food grade) and it has a really nasty taste like I said. It's NOW brand that I got at the health food store. Someone else had mentioned that they had the same issue with this brand and I'm just trying to figure out if it's the brand or all VGs.

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa

You have my sympathies....:);)
I have used it with the Virginia because that seems to have the strongest flavor for me. I think the VG overtakes the flavor and makes it taste like soap or powder,I can't out my finger on it,but I don't like it. I'm going to try some of the recipes here,but only in small batches until I find what I like.
It may not be easy to be a Philly fan,but sometimes things go right:)
Stephanie

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I have used it with the Virginia because that seems to have the strongest flavor for me. I think the VG overtakes the flavor and makes it taste like soap or powder,I can't out my finger on it,but I don't like it. I'm going to try some of the recipes here,but only in small batches until I find what I like.
It may not be easy to be a Philly fan,but sometimes things go right:)
Stephanie

Definitely soap, I don't like it at all. I dumped a whole batch of liquid mixed with VG down the drain. It was all I could taste....

Did you get around to trying the 555?

I'm definitely spoiled as a Steeler fan. We expect them to get to the playoffs every year and are ticked off when they don't.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Steph2323

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
Montgomery County Pa
Definitely soap, I don't like it at all. I dumped a whole batch of liquid mixed with VG down the drain. It was all I could taste....

Did you get around to trying the 555?

I'm definitely spoiled as a Steeler fan. We expect them to get to the playoffs every year and are ticked off when they don't.....:rolleyes:
I did try the 555. It's not bad. I may get used to it after a while.
I went ahead and ordered some lower nic juice to have in case to mix in case my own mixtures don't work out so well:)
We are the same in Philly with our sports. Must be a Pa thing:)

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
www.rockymountainvapor.com
my favorite mixes so far from mvs are mocha and ry4. and mocha with 555. I think 555 is a nice tobacco to mix with. I use the 24mg 555, and 18mg mocha. It produces a great throat hit and vapor.
I don't add my own dyi chems i jsut mix two flavors together and shake. With the 555 mocha mix i do 2/3 mocha, 1/3 555. With ry4 and mocha i do half and half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread