5v 3x AAA box using pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
So I was playing with the pcb this past weekend and came up with this.
I took pics pics during, so I'll probably post a tutorial in the battery mod section in a few days. (when I get around to writing captions for each picture).

The last picture, is this box with the pcb, next to another 5v box, built a few weeks ago, without pcb.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Wow.... so much... umm........ neater looking than mine!

Mine looks so confusing compared to yours! I'll have to try to post pics. {LoL}

I did build my 5 volt 3 "AA" box with the atomizer in the middle like you displayed in this and your first one..... I like it in the middle. I stuck with the full size madvapes Horn Style switch though because I really like those.

Unfortunately my first attempt to vape... well..... shall we say that perhaps my atomizer found my mod too confusing also because it umm.... well..... it umm................ :cry:

{/sniffle, sniffle}

Anyhow..... I had to go back and read about using extra voltage to 510 attys..... little things like making sure it's juiced good, not using brand new batteries until they are broken in........ anything else I should know? Too gun shy to try it again yet!

The atty was old but voltmeter shows the proper voltage coming from the mod. I do believe I may have had the coil too dry.

Much appreciate your pictures and threads here Ez Duzit, along with Stompasaurus! They have been great inspiration for me.:pop:

Oh... and now one of you guys owe me an atty. :grr:...... :lol:

stompasaurus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
New York City
sorry dude.. I blew out an atty of my own when I was putting mine together. we're even :) Glad I was able to help someone out though.

My personal recommendation is to use cartomizers with high voltage devices. The higher resistance means no popping attys (at least at 5V - and even if you burn out a cartomizer, who cares!), and 510s at 5V kind of taste like burnt crap to me, while the 808 gives a perfect hit and perfect taste with tons of vapor. Although I'm waiting to make a final decision on the 510 until I get my 2 new ones from madvapes :)

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Not much time to post but...

I finally vaped my 5 volt mod from MadVapes with a properly juiced atty and.......... very nice! I find myself wanting to go back to it..... but...... I will definitely have to lower my nicotine amount. Currently at 24MG is too much it seems for me at 5 volts.

I've read about people starting higher voltage having to down their nicotine percentage and now have found out that is true.

Thank You guys and MadVapes!

(as a side note: now that I previously burnt out one atty from not properly letting it be juiced enough for a higher volt mod..... I can use that atty to rebuild. Looking forward to that! And Hoogie..... that would be another idea for mod parts for MadVapes to carry: nichrome wire, wicking material and the like?)

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
I wanted to add in here, for anyone unfamiliar to what I might mean by lowering my nicotine level........ My regular vaping is 24mg on 3.7 volts...... with the higher voltage of 5 volts and 24mg, I felt a real head rush..... much like I would feel if I just took a drag off from a real cigarette after not smoking for over three months now. ;)

Just F.Y.I.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread