Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
My wife is using a regular Ivape 5v passthru with a 5v madvapes wall adaptor, and a Cisco 1.5 LR atomizer. She is getting tons of vapor and loving it. I don't have a volt meter but if this is correct shouldn't this be blowing the atomizer? I was going to get her a wet box and I am torn between the 3.7 or the 5v, since she is taking this atomizer to the limit for about 2-3 weeks. :evil:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My wife is using a regular Ivape 5v passthru with a 5v madvapes wall adaptor, and a Cisco 1.5 LR atomizer. She is getting tons of vapor and loving it. I don't have a volt meter but if this is correct shouldn't this be blowing the atomizer? I was going to get her a wet box and I am torn between the 3.7 or the 5v, since she is taking this atomizer to the limit for about 2-3 weeks. :evil:

1.5Ω on a 5 volt is @16 watts - quite high and I'm surprised that she gets any flavor at all. One can blow regular 510 attys (2.1-2.3Ω) on 5 volts if you're not careful. I use the cisco 1.5lr on 3.7volts and the atty lasts about 3 months. Even on the 3.7v batt, you're at the top end of wattage for some flavors and past it for any light flavor.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I cannot believe there is enough amperes getting through to actually make 16.6 watts. That would be over 3 amps at 5 volts.

The loaded voltage has to be lower.

I'm with Kent. A cisco 1.5 at 3.7 is a great vape. Could be that is the actual working voltage? An in-line battery on that passthru would throttle the voltage down to 3.7 or near that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread