5volt box with electric pump 3.7 volt 2 dollar flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
Ok so I tried running this thing at 6 volts but have vaped all day and 6 volts is way too much I just get a burnt taste it's nasty as hell so I hooked up the regulator and it is freakin awesome at 5 volts perfect lots of vaper and tastes excellent vaping keylime freeze from mark on madvapes I've finally made the perfect personal vaporizer pump works great wich is running at 6 volts no leakes unless I flood the atty wich happens even when direct dripping I'm actually pretty happy with this one it's cleaned up alot I don't think I could make the thing any smaller it's about the size of a pack of ciggs now all that's left is to get all the holes right in the box lol this was a rather expensive mod 60 for pump alone haha it was over 100 wich ain't too bad I guess for everything ne suggestions or questions or criticism is welcome thanks I'm not the best solderer I know I don't have clips or nething to hold parts and my soldering iron is a little too big for this yea I know excuses other then that though works great and looks ok thanks again for looking
78ce3288.jpg

2ed1427d.jpg

d545f0aa.jpg

63a6d149.jpg

and here is my flashlight 3.7 volt with a machined aluminum end cap on cnc i use low resistance atties on this works great
78ce3288.jpg

f6936479.jpg

59abfb0c.jpg

364277de.jpg

d5eaf4df.jpg

any questions comments criticism or suggestions are welcome thanks for looking

this is my old box it was big and jus didnt like it

1f010f13.jpg

450761f0.jpg

67f47c28.jpg

099421c3.jpg

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
My dad actually made them for me at work on a cnc mill he's a machinist lol now I'm trying to get him to machine me a box out of aluminum with grooves in it and using set screws to attach pump and all and I'm trying to get him to machine me a tube that looks like a silver bullet or golden Greek but diff he does this at work and can't do but so much for me but well see I jus give him the parts he brings me the machined parts back a month later took him less then 45 minutes to make the program for end caps but only does it when he has time to do home projects he does measuring and all his self though ahhh I want a cnc mill of my own I could make so much money with one but owell

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
Very nice box indeed, it's a shame the pump costs 60. Is it quiet? How is air getting back into the bottle? That cap really makes the whole flashlight, if it were threaded... damn its too good for a flashlight:p

Thanks I'm loving it only thing now is the battery life it sucks compared what I'm used to I'm used to gettin more then a day of vaping I'm a heavy vaporer now I get maybe 4-5 hours but another set of batteries will fix that I'm gonna put a USB passthrough on it waiting on parts as for the pump being 60 i really think it's worth it the pump is nice haven't had any problems with it I've got juice in it still goin strong it's only meant to be run at 4.5 volts max I'm running it at 6 or higher with freah batteries the pump is made for pumping coolant constantly on an rc car to the engine head the company actually sells tiny radiators for the pump and have seen videos with them used on modded rc cars it's machined out of aluminum asked my dad bout this one he said it's pretty sweet well made 60 bucks and I think u have a pump that's gonna last close to forever haha hold it 3 seconds get 3 drops of juice like I said before it's meant to run on an rc car 15-20 min straight ur only using 3 seconds at a time it'll be around for awhile I have had it in 3 diff boxes as far as noise it produces it's about as quite as the sizzling sound your atty makes while vaping lol and the air issue my old box had a check valve on it for air flow but was running at 3.7 volts now it's running at 6 and i got sick of looking at the check valve and tried without it and now it works wonderful without a check valve before I had the problem if the juice draining out of pump and back into bottle after a little while well this pump needs to be primed so I was having to prime it if it sat too long well now it sits over night and works right when I wake up and as far as air humm i dunno it doesn't leak liquid from bottle but air seems to be getting by becuz it works I can finish the whole bottle with no issues whatsoever and the end cap is not threaded to flashlight if that's what u mean it's press fitted and works fine hasn't came off or nething I hope answered all ur questions and thanks for the comments

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
And jus a few things extra 5 Volts is perfect with 3.7 I was finding I wasn't always getting the vape I wanted at 3.7 at 5 it's really perfect the flavor the vape everything and I found nething higher then 5 I'm getting burnt taste and no flavor so i really think 5 is the sweet spot all the way round I don't know nething bout high voltage atties maybe there better but for now at 5 on a regular atty I'm getting jus the right amount of everything out of it and if u r running at 3.7 I suggest trying low resistance atties they vape almost as good as 5 volt on a reg atty not quite but very close and always have backup everything no matter what lol don't wanna be stuck without and have to go back to cigs vape on lol

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
That is pretty cool jern. I wonder if you could have the pump run by a 555 timer when you push the vape button? Have the timer capable of being adjustable if thats possible to tweak the amount of juice needed and variables like viscosity and such. Something like that would probably be better off as a PT then you wouldnt need to worry about battery life...but even if it would last a day with batts it would be great..like with two 18650's.

Great job!!

I didnt see on the link...is that a self-priming pump?

Last edited:

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
That is pretty cool jern. I wonder if you could have the pump run by a 555 timer when you push the vape button? Have the timer capable of being adjustable if thats possible to tweak the amount of juice needed and variables like viscosity and such. Something like that would probably be better off as a PT then you wouldnt need to worry about battery life...but even if it would last a day with batts it would be great..like with two 18650's.

Great job!!

I didnt see on the link...is that a self-priming pump?

nope u have to get liquid into the pump for it to work so it is not self priming

i have actually thought about the possibilities of that but dont think it would work u gotta figure sumtimes u get air bubbles in line the diff viscosities of e liquid and even the same e liquids in same flavor they can actually be diff ive noticed so u would always be tweaking the flow great idea but i jus dunno bout it u would prolly be getting too much then not enough so holding a button for 3 or so seconds is fine and for battery life as i said before jus need an extra set of batteries they only take a couple hours to charge so while ur vaping on one set have the other set charging and always have a backup now i have my flashlights so i jus vape those while batts are charging and that keeps me happy and heck yes if u are looking for battery life 18650 3000 mah are the best had the silver flashlight running on one yes they fit but u have to use a low profile switch but then the switches do not last becuz there meant to run with a mosfet and mosfet will not fit i was getting over 2 days of vaping on my 18650 but ended up taking them out and redesigning and using 18350 and 18500 18350 last me half a day and 18500 last a full day wich is plenty jus have an extra battery with u and as far as pump using ur battery power i never did notice a big diff in battery life its a 3.4 ml bottle so to empty the whole bottle only takes around 68 drops at about a second per drop ur runnin the pump for 68 seconds yes more then this im sure at the most twice that long only 2 min and thats nuthing for these batts i would love to use 2 18650 in this thing and run it at 5 volts and get 2 days of vaping but the thing would be huuuuuuge lol i would also like to put a 10-20 ml bottle in it but then again the thing would be huge i think gettin a days worth of vaping in one mod that fits in ur pocket with the only hassle being changing batteries 2-3 times a day is pretty good yes i wish it lasted me a whole day on a charge then it would be perfect but this is doing jus fine maybe ill make one with 2 18500 and a 5ml juice bottle it would be perfect jus a bit bigger but 2 18500 would last me a day and so would 5ml of juice so once a day u would be doing maintenance once a day and ur done but to fit the pump and batteries and everything it would be bulky and everyone is prolly thinkin get rid of the pump but its pretty freakin sweet lol jus to hit a button and get ur juice jus hold it with atty pointing straight up jus as u were dripping and u see the 3 drops come down and they fall directly on wick jus sweet to me please sumone build one with 2 18500 or 2 18350 jus like this one with pump and everything and 5-10ml juice bottle it can be done im not being sarcastic at all maybe a 4aa box would work or even a project box i want some other people to play around with the pumps with me its only 60 bucks shipped or use a diff pump hahaha cooome on ull love it or build one identical to this one and let me know what u think i love showing this to people that vape there like whoa thats awesome lol but i didnt think of the idea at all a german dude did its called the tropfi e cig and i think that one actually looks better then this one wish i could start selling these but with this pump i would have to charge way over 100 to make ne money if i could find a cheaper pump i would and no one is gonna pay over 100 for it i know this its kinda a novelty but neways ill keep going on forever keep the comments comming let me know what u all think keep vaping

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
I like the look of the switch on your fl mod. Where do you score those?

and if u r talking about the switch on the silver one dont use without a mosfet im kinda new to all this so i made the mistake of using it without they will stop working wich is why i am using a diff switch and hasnt gone out on me yet

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
Heh, just noticed there's 2 flashlights. Imagine the joy of misfiring the pump in your pocket-- a real party trick! :facepalm:

yes lol ur right it has happend haha on one of my other boxes it had an on off switch wich this one does not but the buttons on the other box were way to easy to push in and i forgot to cut it off and flooded the whole box no big jus take parts out and dry everything off hasnt happend on this one buttons are a little stiffer but im sure it could happen haha maybe i need to put an on/off switch on it once the new box comes in its gonna be in the same box that are in the pics but that one is all hacked up from an older box but this box comes with an on/off so ill jus have to hook that up once the box comes in great observation cuz it can happen and prolly will happen eventually without a switch keep vaping dude

jern59

Jul 28, 2010
virginia
i have also used this pump Air Vacuum Pumps - Caswell Inc. in a box the idea is push air into bottle and push liquid out but it moves way too much volume u tap the button and really u dont know how much juice your going to get haha sumtimes it would flood the atty sumtimes it wouldnt but if u could find a small flow valve wich i never looked into becuz i have the 60 dollar pump now maybe it would work the pump is 18 bucks they accidentally sent me the larger pump i emailed them and they overnighted me the smaller one sweet
here it is
6b5c9e7b.jpg

i really do think its possible with a small descent flow valve its not much bigger then the pump im using now these 2 pumps are pretty much the only pumps i could find where u didnt have to buy a million of them lol if u guys find ne let me know and please post the links ide like to try diff pumps ive seen a few like ive said but there mainly distributers for companies looking to sell lots of them i would really like to have the pump used on the tropfi but couldnt find a seller that sells singles i know manual pumps would work jus as good but come on its cool having the electric pump imma geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread