6.5 days on my ecig-I think I'm being punnished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
So, here I am at almost seven days after I started the transition from analogs to e-cigs when I suddenly realize that everything around me has its own individual smell. Most of them potent, few of them pleasant! This was no gradual process! My olfactory senses slammed down on me like the fist of an angry God! Not the easy going, laid back loving and forgiving Christian type either. We are talking one of those old school thunder (oooh) lightning (aahhh) "kill them all and let ME sort them out" Norse types! EEEWWWWWW!
One minute, everything is normal, the next I am burdened with the knowledge that the half gallon of milk on the second shelf in the fridge has just gone bad! This will take some getting used to.
Febreze is my new best friend!!! Robert

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I hear you! :oops: The worst thing for me is the blankets we keep on the couch to throw over our laps when we're watching TV, and the dogs get under them to snuggle up. While I still don't smell anything nasty with our dogs themselves, the blankets (and our bedding) sure smell like dogs... ick! :nah: Doing laundry a LOT more often now!!

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
Everyplace with a public restroom/facility smells like pee.

Walk into the cleanest hospital, clinic or private doctors office and take a whiff.
Very medicinal... but always a hint of pee.

In contrast, fast food places... extemely low pee concentration.
I think it's due to the grease in the air... a natural dessicant to pee molecules.

Nobody's flushing 'cuz nobody's touching!!! That's the problem. imho. :rolleyes:

Cage

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
Arizona, USA
When I have to visit any care facility with friends/family, I'll immediately begin sniffing the air as soon as we enter the building. They know what I'm doing.
My girlfriend will always harshly whisper, "STOP IT", or "KNOCK IT OFF"!!

She thinks it's rude, but my position is, "I should not be able to smell it."
You want to justify charging $8 dollars for an aspirin, but you can't afford self flushing toilets or more frequent cleaning? How 'bout a stick up?
Imagine how quickly this problem would be solved if the anti's got on board.

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
I hear you! :oops: The worst thing for me is the blankets we keep on the couch to throw over our laps when we're watching TV, and the dogs get under them to snuggle up. While I still don't smell anything nasty with our dogs themselves, the blankets (and our bedding) sure smell like dogs... ick! :nah: Doing laundry a LOT more often now!!

Mixxy, just between you and I, I've got two boys (2.5 and 7) that between them harbor a funk that really tickles the part of my brain responsible for self-preservation when I get too close!

mrwade01

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Vancouver WA
Well, Cage, Expipe, Triabl, and especially you Gep (for my new fear of Shar pai flatulence).Thanks a bunch guys!! Now thanks to your input, I'm not sure how I feel about exposing my nose to the outside world at all!! LOL I do however have one safe place. Our new house! Nothing has really been moved in yet, and it just smells of fresh paint and shampooed carpet. Nothing over there yet that I can't deal with with a quick spritz of my new friend Febreze! So the question is, how do I tell the wife and two boys to, well... STAY THE HELL OUT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread