6 month vaper, brand new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wile E

Oct 31, 2013
Baden, PA, USA
Hi everyone. Been lurking here off and on for the 6 months I've been vaping. Live in Beaver County PA, and there just seems to be a lack of vapers around here, so I figured it was time to join to have fellow vapers to chat with.

Started with an ego 1100mah passthrough with an ego T atomizer. Flooded all the time.

Tried a T3 (dropped and broken in less than a week. lol) then an MT3. Also flooded, so I tried upgrading to the MT3s base and coil. Less flooding, but still there. Loved the flavor they produced though. Tried all the flooding fixes I found in here like extra wicks, but nothing worked. I think it may have something to do with how they get knocked around in my pocket at work.

Somewhere in all the T3 experimenting I picked up an Ego-V V2 1300mah VV battery. I, for the life of me, have no idea why I didn't go to VV or VW to begin with. lol

So I decided to try the Vivi STV with dual coil heads instead of the Kangers. Gets gurgly sometimes, but no more juice in my mouth. Flavor isn't as nice, but the throat hit is much nicer. I like that warm vape. It also seems to take the pocket abuse much better.

Also just picked up a Squid RDA to try my hand at building coils. Been vaping on that at home for a few days with the stock coil and a cotton wick. Love it. Just need to pick up some wire and let the fun begin.

I think a Vamo V5 is in my future, and once I get good at building coils a Smoktech RSST may be in my future as well.

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
Welcome to the club! Have you tried not drawing so hard to reduce the flooding? I typically just hit the button and just kinda let the vapor flow into my mouth, then inhale it from there. Same thing I did with a real cig when I used to smoke, seems to work best for me. I am only assuming that since you've tried multiple devices that it's probably the indian and not the arrow lol. Good luck!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi Wile E and welcome to ECF! Yup, VV is great. I agree with Camaroboi about taking slower hits of anything that floods. Specially the ego T atomizer. I've vaped with that a while back and I could make it flood at will by taking fast hard draws. eGo-C attys are the same.

Best of luck with the RDA/RBA's. They are great when you get them right :thumb:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yeah. I tried drawing both fast and slow. I draw into my mouth, then inhale. I'm not getting the issues with the Nova. Honestly, I think it's more to do with pocket abuse than anything. Didn't happen much at home unless I was chain vaping.

We were typing at the same time LOL! Chain vaping will heat up the device and lower the viscosity of the juice, so that is a good point. There are so many variables in vaping, it can be hard to figure things out sometimes. And what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for all.

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
There are so many variables in vaping, it can be hard to figure things out sometimes. And what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for all.

If you think that's bad, you should try going on the Volkswagen forums and posting that your car won't start. 96 different answers from 96 people later, you MIGHT actually have a fix to your problem!

Wile E

Oct 31, 2013
Baden, PA, USA
We were typing at the same time LOL! Chain vaping will heat up the device and lower the viscosity of the juice, so that is a good point. There are so many variables in vaping, it can be hard to figure things out sometimes. And what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for all.

The flooding was one of the biggest reason I went to RBA's, saw how they were designed with airflow from the cap rather than in the path of the juice and was bound and determined to make it work. I haven't touched the disposables in months.
Yeah, that's why I decided to try my hand at an RDA. I figure that way I have a better chance of finding the vape that's perfect for me. Plus I just like to tinker, and in the grand scheme of things, vaping is a relatively cheap hobby compared to my others (which I can't afford. lol)

I figure I'll use the Nova for the abusive environments, as it is working really well with the dual coil heads I found, aside from the slightly muted flavor, and use the RDA for most everything else.

Last edited:
Hi Wile E I been lurking about here for months and have found a wealth of information , I have a whole hand full of different devices and most of them drawing on them to hard and fast floods them or makes them gurgle, kind of like hot boxing a analog to get all you can out of it in that 4 1/2 mints you have lol well vapeing the same way as drawing on the analogs will cause you problems, I have had to relearn to vape and a good slow steady draw produces the best vapor and gives me the most satisfaction. welcome aboard.

rhodzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Yorkshire, England
www.rhodzy.com
Hi everyone. Been lurking here off and on for the 6 months I've been vaping. Live in Beaver County PA, and there just seems to be a lack of vapers around here, so I figured it was time to join to have fellow vapers to chat with.

Started with an ego 1100mah passthrough with an ego T atomizer. Flooded all the time.

Tried a T3 (dropped and broken in less than a week. lol) then an MT3. Also flooded, so I tried upgrading to the MT3s base and coil. Less flooding, but still there. Loved the flavor they produced though. Tried all the flooding fixes I found in here like extra wicks, but nothing worked. I think it may have something to do with how they get knocked around in my pocket at work.

Somewhere in all the T3 experimenting I picked up an Ego-V V2 1300mah VV battery. I, for the life of me, have no idea why I didn't go to VV or VW to begin with. lol

So I decided to try the Vivi STV with dual coil heads instead of the Kangers. Gets gurgly sometimes, but no more juice in my mouth. Flavor isn't as nice, but the throat hit is much nicer. I like that warm vape. It also seems to take the pocket abuse much better.

Also just picked up a Squid RDA to try my hand at building coils. Been vaping on that at home for a few days with the stock coil and a cotton wick. Love it. Just need to pick up some wire and let the fun begin.

I think a Vamo V5 is in my future, and once I get good at building coils a Smoktech RSST may be in my future as well.

Hi Wile! Welcome! I'm from England and recently changed jobs, at my old place I think there was one other vapor, I moved to a different office and I must have seen about 45 different ones! I think this time I will stick to vaping as there is more of a croud! Plus it tastes nicer!

Wile E

Oct 31, 2013
Baden, PA, USA
Hi Wile E I been lurking about here for months and have found a wealth of information , I have a whole hand full of different devices and most of them drawing on them to hard and fast floods them or makes them gurgle, kind of like hot boxing a analog to get all you can out of it in that 4 1/2 mints you have lol well vapeing the same way as drawing on the analogs will cause you problems, I have had to relearn to vape and a good slow steady draw produces the best vapor and gives me the most satisfaction. welcome aboard.
Yeah, I learned the hard way. I slowed down my draw quite a bit, but still no luck with the Kangers for me. Nova is working good though. I only occasionally get carried away. lol.

Hi Wile! Welcome! I'm from England and recently changed jobs, at my old place I think there was one other vapor, I moved to a different office and I must have seen about 45 different ones! I think this time I will stick to vaping as there is more of a croud! Plus it tastes nicer!
There are 2 others at my work that vape occasionally, but they aren't really into it. Just use convenience store 510s when they can't get a smoke break at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread