Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstuff116

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Bellingham, MA
4 May 2010 marks my full 6 months of vaping and analog free and I feel great!

Sometime during October of 09 a friend in NC told me about his electronic cigarette kit that he got from SmokeTip.com for $59.99 (it is the KR808D-1 model). He told me that after 30 years of smoking he quit right away with it and trusting what he said I ordered mine. On 4 November the mailman delivered my package and I proceeded to put it together as I put out what was to be my very last cigarette. I remember that first vape clearly as I sat back in my chair with a big smile on my face and just said "wow". 36+ years of 2 packs a day, more than 525,000 cigarettes, now ancient history.

At that time I had already joined ECF and so began my long learning process and within a week I had ordered my Joye510 from Cignot.com and have stayed with it ever since. I've gone through the "mod phase" and have to date built 5 NicoSticks (one 5volt) and ready to build my first Altoid tin 3.7volt mod with 18650. I've also got quite a stash of all kinds of e-cig parts and juices. I've made my own juices, tried many filler mods and my e-cig has been my hobby and my best friend.

I'm not going to go into all the advantages I've acquired over the past 6 months because the list is just too long. I can however honestly say that I have experienced absolutely ZERO side effects, ill effects or withdrawals. I stopped taking my high blood pressure meds on day one and my BP has since dropped to just above normal levels, the best it has been by far in more than 25 years. There is no doubt that I am much healthier and I believe that I will continue on the same path.

I also am so disappointed in the fact that so many entities are so against e-cigs. To date there is no solid evidence that e-cigs are safe, but there is also no solid evidence that e-cigs are harmful. So rather than remain neutral until sure, too many are too quick to judge. Like almost everything else, it's all about two things: Politics & Money.

Last but not least, ECF has been the most helpful, most informative and most supportive website I could have ever found. When I recommend a particular model/vendor to anyone that asks, I write down the links they need and always add ECF as THE place to learn all there is to know about e-cigs. My PV has saved my life or at least helped me to prolong it.

THANK YOU ECF and to all those who have been there for me along the way!

:thumbs:

Last edited:

Debs63

Apr 24, 2010
Ithaca NY
Well done!!! I can't wait to get to my 6 month mark. I agree ECF has been a wealth of information for me also. I started looking at ecigs because they passed the pact act which forbids the USPS from delivering analogs. The tax on NY cigs is 3 times more than the price of the cigs themselves so I had been ordering from the Indian reservation at a much cheaper price. That was coming to an end and driving up to the reservation was not an option. Cignot is a fantastic site, their customer service and fast shipping and great products is wonderful. Now though NY wants to ban ecigs not because they are worried about their health but because they will lose tax revenue. Luckily i have a friend in Ohio that will order and ship my stuff to me if this passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread