RDA 6 Rda Reviews, Royal Hunter, Twisted Messes,Veritas,Dark Horse,MutationX4,Fishbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Housetek

May 13, 2009
I have plenty other attys/tanks but these are a few that stood out to me and worth reviewing.
im lucky enough to have some very cool people give me Rdas for building for them.

These are my opinion and experiences on these rdas from a builders point of view.
These are authentic.

2vkkgnb.jpg

Royal Hunter from The Council of Vapor: My rating 7/10
Cons:
I've built on 2 of these the first one i built on had these SUPER DUPER tiny phillips screws which were terrible to work with, but it came with allen grub screws as spares in the box.

The one I received as a Gift however only came with the allen grub screws which was a big plus in my book.
So im guessing they did away with the tiny phillip screws and the new batch of RH come only with the allen key grub screws.

Out of the box, positive post spun on the very first build. I had to take out my build hold down the center post and tighten it up. After that, it was no problem.

My Main issue with this Rda is it gets very hot. I have the exact same coil buid at .15 or so ohms on another Rda and it gets no where near as hot as the Royal Hunter.

and like most rdas can get leaky but easily can close off the sides when i dont want to use it

Pros:
I really dig the look for the Royal hunter, very clean stylish and simple.
comes with a 510 drip tip adapter but the normal wide cap is very nice and looks way better.
It has this mesh like protector thing that protects ya from spitback.
I will be personally drilling this out. You cannot drip from the top with this in the way but its not that big of a deal you can just pull the cap off and drip. The 510 adapter looks ugly and useless to me.(subjective)

i REALLY like the adjustable air flow in this. simple twist gives you more or less airflow, its a simple design and can do Single or dual coil builds, and very nice threading.

4 post design, with large post holes is always a plus. I found it easy to build on and fits more complicated room hog coils.

Tossed a X2 Fused Clapton on this and performs great, and is easy to build on, its down fall is you cant drip from the top and gets too hot for me. I haven't had a issue with the center post moving after tightening them.

Twisted Messes Rda: 10/10
Cons: like most rdas is prone to leaking a bit
Pros:
By far one of my favorite Rdas ever. I really do not have any thing negative to say about this.
Great Design, single and dual coil airflow, comes with awesome wide cap and delrin cap, doesn't get too hot even on low ohm builds. 4 post design with MASSIVE post holes i can put insane builds in there.
Allen grub screws which are awesome, and you get a second silver sleeve with it.
for some one who likes to build coils and likes doing big builds, this thing is amazing right out of the box.

Veritas: 7/10
Cons
Pain in the @$$ to build on. Seriously this thing can be so frustrating at times, and i have to be in one of those moods to just build on it. You cant really do any thing fancy in this although i just tossed a single coil clapton in mine. No adjustment on air flow really, just a single hole in the back. Fitting dual Coil in this is a pain, and often times not even worth it.
The screws and nuts to hold the wire down are just a pain to get use to.
Tends to get a lil hot.

Pros:
Welcome to flavor town, this rda gives you a nice restrictive pull. I have never had this leak on me, and with a single coil build i put a lot of wick on it and take tons of hits before it gets dry. With this rda its all about the wicking to get the most out of it. Very stylish clean looking rda, although hard to build on, you can do some interesting things on it. Just takes patients and finesse.

Dark Horse: My Raiting 8/10
Cons:
3 post design is a downer for me but then again its really comes down to preference. I prefer 4 post designs a lot better. Fairly small juice well.
can get leaky

Pros: Another great Rda which i've had almost no issues with out of the box.
Big Phillips screws and very large post holes that make up for it being a 3 post design.
I can fit some large builds in here but primarily use it for Single Coil builds.
Has a few air flow adjustments for single and dual coil.
Smooth threading and nice big chuff cap and doesnt get too hot with low builds, i really dig rdas with these Delrin chuff caps.

Mutation X v4: My rating 5/10
Cons:
Leaky as hell, even with the cruddy plugs it comes with. The coils sit over the bottom air flow so you have to be careful when dripping it, more times then not it will drip from the coil down to the air holes and out the bottom. The sides leak on me as well.. it took me a while to control the leaking issue. I do one large wick and cross it over the top and drip from the top to keep it from leaking.

I got the black model and the finish chips and is easily scratched off. Simply mine looks like pure crap after a few weeks of use. Post holes are okay... not the best, not a fan of the deck design at all.
The o rings are a bit lose i could hold the top and shake it and it'll come off.
This thing is so leaky and its just constantly covered in juice.

Pros:
4 post design, and can fit some big builds which is nice.
its a super cheap Authentic rda 25-30 bucks.
Doesn't over heat with super low builds, and the bottom airflow is very nice when its not leaking on you. Adjustable airflow for single and dual coil.
hits like a champ when its performing, great air flow and nice wide drip tip.

Fishbone by Cig cloud: 7/10
Cons: Very Small post holes and 3 post design, big negative for me.
no adjustable airflow
fragile due to the glass cap
phillips screws could be better

Pros:
This was another Rda given to me but from what i've seen they are REALLY cheap, like 15-20 bucks.
Although it has very small post holes, builds look amazing in this thing, its just visually appealing. And i didnt think much about this at first. Was just another free rda that would go into the pile.

But surprisingly its actually a very nice atty for the price. Doesnt have all the bells and whistles and its super simple, but it looks great, performs great, and so far no problems with the center post spinning or any thing, and i have had absolutely no leaking with this, which surprises me.

Basicaly its a copy of a kennedy with a glass top. There is a reason why this thing doesnt have massive post holes, if you put a crazy build in it, im sure it'd get too hot. I have a .7 ohm Clapton in mine and just performs so well for a cheapo Rda, doesnt get hot, doesnt leak, and looks good.

This could be a con but for me its a pro The fishbone logo on the glass can easily be scratched off. I think it looks waaay better with out it on there.

If ya'll have any specific questions feel free to ask. this is just my experience with these attys and my experiences with them.

Mikecomp93

Dec 6, 2014
Middletown, NJ
I have plenty other attys/tanks but these are a few that stood out to me and worth reviewing.
im lucky enough to have some very cool people give me Rdas for building for them.

These are my opinion and experiences on these rdas from a builders point of view.
These are authentic.

2vkkgnb.jpg

Royal Hunter from The Council of Vapor: My rating 7/10
Cons:
I've built on 2 of these the first one i built on had these SUPER DUPER tiny phillips screws which were terrible to work with, but it came with allen grub screws as spares in the box.

The one I received as a Gift however only came with the allen grub screws which was a big plus in my book.
So im guessing they did away with the tiny phillip screws and the new batch of RH come only with the allen key grub screws.

Out of the box, positive post spun on the very first build. I had to take out my build hold down the center post and tighten it up. After that, it was no problem.

My Main issue with this Rda is it gets very hot. I have the exact same coil buid at .15 or so ohms on another Rda and it gets no where near as hot as the Royal Hunter.

and like most rdas can get leaky but easily can close off the sides when i dont want to use it

Pros:
I really dig the look for the Royal hunter, very clean stylish and simple.
comes with a 510 drip tip adapter but the normal wide cap is very nice and looks way better.
It has this mesh like protector thing that protects ya from spitback.
I will be personally drilling this out. You cannot drip from the top with this in the way but its not that big of a deal you can just pull the cap off and drip. The 510 adapter looks ugly and useless to me.(subjective)

i REALLY like the adjustable air flow in this. simple twist gives you more or less airflow, its a simple design and can do Single or dual coil builds, and very nice threading.

4 post design, with large post holes is always a plus. I found it easy to build on and fits more complicated room hog coils.

Tossed a X2 Fused Clapton on this and performs great, and is easy to build on, its down fall is you cant drip from the top and gets too hot for me. I haven't had a issue with the center post moving after tightening them.

Twisted Messes Rda: 10/10
Cons: like most rdas is prone to leaking a bit
Pros:
By far one of my favorite Rdas ever. I really do not have any thing negative to say about this.
Great Design, single and dual coil airflow, comes with awesome wide cap and delrin cap, doesn't get too hot even on low ohm builds. 4 post design with MASSIVE post holes i can put insane builds in there.
Allen grub screws which are awesome, and you get a second silver sleeve with it.
for some one who likes to build coils and likes doing big builds, this thing is amazing right out of the box.

Veritas: 7/10
Cons
Pain in the @$$ to build on. Seriously this thing can be so frustrating at times, and i have to be in one of those moods to just build on it. You cant really do any thing fancy in this although i just tossed a single coil clapton in mine. No adjustment on air flow really, just a single hole in the back. Fitting dual Coil in this is a pain, and often times not even worth it.
The screws and nuts to hold the wire down are just a pain to get use to.
Tends to get a lil hot.

Pros:
Welcome to flavor town, this rda gives you a nice restrictive pull. I have never had this leak on me, and with a single coil build i put a lot of wick on it and take tons of hits before it gets dry. With this rda its all about the wicking to get the most out of it. Very stylish clean looking rda, although hard to build on, you can do some interesting things on it. Just takes patients and finesse.

Dark Horse: My Raiting 8/10
Cons:
3 post design is a downer for me but then again its really comes down to preference. I prefer 4 post designs a lot better. Fairly small juice well.
can get leaky

Pros: Another great Rda which i've had almost no issues with out of the box.
Big Phillips screws and very large post holes that make up for it being a 3 post design.
I can fit some large builds in here but primarily use it for Single Coil builds.
Has a few air flow adjustments for single and dual coil.
Smooth threading and nice big chuff cap and doesnt get too hot with low builds, i really dig rdas with these Delrin chuff caps.

Mutation X v4: My rating 5/10
Cons:
Leaky as hell, even with the cruddy plugs it comes with. The coils sit over the bottom air flow so you have to be careful when dripping it, more times then not it will drip from the coil down to the air holes and out the bottom. The sides leak on me as well.. it took me a while to control the leaking issue. I do one large wick and cross it over the top and drip from the top to keep it from leaking.

I got the black model and the finish chips and is easily scratched off. Simply mine looks like pure crap after a few weeks of use. Post holes are okay... not the best, not a fan of the deck design at all.
The o rings are a bit lose i could hold the top and shake it and it'll come off.
This thing is so leaky and its just constantly covered in juice.

Pros:
4 post design, and can fit some big builds which is nice.
its a super cheap Authentic rda 25-30 bucks.
Doesn't over heat with super low builds, and the bottom airflow is very nice when its not leaking on you. Adjustable airflow for single and dual coil.
hits like a champ when its performing, great air flow and nice wide drip tip.

Fishbone by Cig cloud: 7/10
Cons: Very Small post holes and 3 post design, big negative for me.
no adjustable airflow
fragile due to the glass cap
phillips screws could be better

Pros:
This was another Rda given to me but from what i've seen they are REALLY cheap, like 15-20 bucks.
Although it has very small post holes, builds look amazing in this thing, its just visually appealing. And i didnt think much about this at first. Was just another free rda that would go into the pile.

But surprisingly its actually a very nice atty for the price. Doesnt have all the bells and whistles and its super simple, but it looks great, performs great, and so far no problems with the center post spinning or any thing, and i have had absolutely no leaking with this, which surprises me.

Basicaly its a copy of a kennedy with a glass top. There is a reason why this thing doesnt have massive post holes, if you put a crazy build in it, im sure it'd get too hot. I have a .7 ohm Clapton in mine and just performs so well for a cheapo Rda, doesnt get hot, doesnt leak, and looks good.

This could be a con but for me its a pro The fishbone logo on the glass can easily be scratched off. I think it looks waaay better with out it on there.

If ya'll have any specific questions feel free to ask. this is just my experience with these attys and my experiences with them.

just got my twisted messes RDA in yesterday. didn't really have any time to play around with it but i threw a 2-26AN80/36N80 fused clapt (5wrap) paralleled w/ 24N80(6wrap) in there....man oh man did that thing just flow into those post holes with ease! i mean i know its not a lot of wire but its what i had built at the time.

the only thing i think you missed in the pro's for this RDA is not having to worry about an inner barrel, aka not having to worry about your cap making contact with the coil.

can't wait to get home and try an alien wire build on this bad boy:thumbs:

also...i'm extremely intrigued by your profile pic...what method are you using there? lol

Housetek

May 13, 2009
just got my twisted messes RDA in yesterday. didn't really have any time to play around with it but i threw a 2-26AN80/36N80 fused clapt (5wrap) paralleled w/ 24N80(6wrap) in there....man oh man did that thing just flow into those post holes with ease! i mean i know its not a lot of wire but its what i had built at the time.

the only thing i think you missed in the pro's for this RDA is not having to worry about an inner barrel, aka not having to worry about your cap making contact with the coil.

can't wait to get home and try an alien wire build on this bad boy:thumbs:

also...i'm extremely intrigued by your profile pic...what method are you using there? lol
yeah i've thrown some HUGE builds in the TW Rda

and in the profile pic im making a Clapton at a vape shop, i have a coiling sizer in my mouth poking thru the center hole of the 36g spool while claptoning.

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Thinking about picking up a twisted messes, what do you mean about the leaking is it like the derringer juice between the cap and inner sleeve and makes a mess whenever you remove the topcap? I saw some folks remove the sleeve and just use it wide open airflow but I'm not really interested in that, I like the looks with the blue sleeve but if it's going to be messy I probably wouldn't use it much except around the house.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Thinking about picking up a twisted messes, what do you mean about the leaking is it like the derringer juice between the cap and inner sleeve and makes a mess whenever you remove the topcap? I saw some folks remove the sleeve and just use it wide open airflow but I'm not really interested in that, I like the looks with the blue sleeve but if it's going to be messy I probably wouldn't use it much except around the house.
I don't have the Twisted Messes RDA but I have the El Cabron and they're almost identical. TM has bigger post holes and a split center post, those are the only differences. Well, the looks are totally different too but they have no bearing on performance. I haven't had any leaking issues with the El Cabron but it just rots on the shelf. The flavor is muted IMO. Sure, if you throw some, well, Twisted Messes type of build in I'm sure you get flavor but I'm sure you'd get flavor out of any atty if you use a ginormous build and throw eleventy billion watts at it. *shrug*

Reactions: bluehaze013

bluehaze013

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Florida
Yea I kind of want something to just mess around with bigger builds on. I've got some clapton wire but the coils end up being so big inside most attys they get hot really fast and by the time you wick them with all that cotton they block a lot of airflow. For 40 bucks though I might still try one of these or maybe get one of the new versions of the petri with the bigger airflow but I'm not sure even with the bigger airholes that the petri would be a good atty for claptons and stuff.

Reactions: jhhollier

Housetek

May 13, 2009
MOST rdas leak a lil bit, very few are leak proof. TM rarely leaks, only when i over drip it a bit but thats my fault.

As far as fitting builds in it, i've put some REALLY big builds in that thing

fjzrzc.jpg

iwqefl.jpg

Last edited:

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
You really like these crazy builds eh? Do you ever use just a regular build. Im a flavor chaser and I only do 24g N80 and KA1. I CAN build ANYTHING though and currently have a single clapton with four strands of 24g as the core and a single strand of 28g on the out side in my Petri. I personally just CANT stand the ramp up time of some of these builds, I like my coils to basically INSTANTLY be working at there fullest capabilities. I also find the flavor off some of these builds to be MUTED compared to a simple .18-.23 ohm N80 build. I also dont really use that style of dripper, the closest I got to a cloud chaser is probally my Revolt and I got it set up with the smaller slots open.

Housetek

May 13, 2009
You really like these crazy builds eh? Do you ever use just a regular build. Im a flavor chaser and I only do 24g N80 and KA1. I CAN build ANYTHING though and currently have a single clapton with four strands of 24g as the core and a single strand of 28g on the out side in my Petri. I personally just CANT stand the ramp up time of some of these builds, I like my coils to basically INSTANTLY be working at there fullest capabilities. I also find the flavor off some of these builds to be MUTED compared to a simple .18-.23 ohm N80 build. I also dont really use that style of dripper, the closest I got to a cloud chaser is probally my Revolt and I got it set up with the smaller slots open.

I use 24 or 26g N80 with 36g Kanthal or N80, the ramp up time is fast and the taste is not muted in my opinion. I normally run a fused clapton. with certain builds you get such nice vapor density and great flavor

Housetek

May 13, 2009
cool thread, i would have liked to read your opinions of the velocity
until i get one or some one gives/lets me borrow one =)

One thing i do like is that the Post holes are Just like the STRO, mine is currently on loan to some one else but the STRO has been my all time favorite to put coils on. Im sure i would really like the velocitys deck.

Update: buddy of mine is trading me a few fused claptons for a Velocity clone so ill prolly review that, currently not in the market for buying a 100 dollar rdas =P. But if some one lets me borrow or sends me one ill be sure to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread