6 Volts on manual 901 pt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I made a manual PT that is powered by a little wall transformer that was putting out a little over 5 volts. The thing produced a lot of vapor with a good hit, but it was a juice hog. The flavor of the juice at the higher voltage seemed to taste a little watery as well. After accidently frying a couple of attys, I used a resistor and a switch and converted it over to a dual voltage setup. The resistor dropped the voltage to a little over 4 volts and the taste, hit and vapor production was the right mix for me at that level. When the atty starts to sound like it maybe drowning I kick it back up to the 5 volts to burn off the excess.

Last edited:

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
I have a home made feed with 6 volt I have use it only a few time with my old atmy and it is working fine, my atmys have never worked so well with the original PT from factory, my idea it to give more power to the original PT just to see if it gets better,any way I don't care too much about the 901 if they die because I ve switched from 901 to 510 but I want to wear they out.
I just wanted to know if someone has do it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread