6 winners from Velvet Vapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

boony

Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
San Francisco
I ordered a sample pack from VV: Velvet Vanilla, Cola, Sweet Almond, Coconut, Cinnamon Sugar, and a free gift of Banana. These were all vaped with a Vivi Mini on a Provari set to 4 volts. YVMV.

Velvet Vanilla: My new favorite. A smooth, rich, real vanilla flavor that satisfies without being too strong or sweet. Soft and warm like a blanket.

Coconut: Real, slightly toasted coconut flavor that has a subtle fruit finish. Just the right amount of natural sweetness. A light, refreshing taste of the tropics.

Sweet Almond: Reminds me of that Stella D'oro almond toast my mother used to buy. Just a perfect blend of rich, nutty flavor and sweetness. This is great with my morning coffee.

Cinnamon Sugar: Real cinnamon flavor, not a candy cinnamon. With just the right amount of sugar, it's like the cinnamon sugar I put on my oatmeal as a kid. A real taste of sweet nostalgia.

Banana: Included as a free gift. Great banana flavor! Tastes like banana taffy, the good stuff you get on the east coast. Good amount of flavor without being over-powering.

Cola: A mix of sweet and spicy. One of those crisp flavors that just tingles your taste buds. It reminds me slightly of cola flavored PEZ, though not as sweet. A great, drier vape I could stick with all day.

Found 6 out of 6 that will be reordered and added to my regular juices, so my congrats to Velvet Vapors.

That's all. Gotta vape.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I let these sit for a week before vaping.

Last edited:

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
One important detail: I tried out a few sample packs as soon as i received them. The flavors were very muted, to the point where many bottles tasted the same. I have let them sit for about two weeks, bottles closed (so technically not "steeping", I assume), and tried them again today. Now the flavors have begun to emerge with force.

I will let these sit around a few more weeks and try them again.

Lesson: Let these babies steep for a few weeks before trying them.

boony

Verified Member
Jul 8, 2009
San Francisco
One important detail: I tried out a few sample packs as soon as i received them. The flavors were very muted, to the point where many bottles tasted the same. I have let them sit for about two weeks, bottles closed (so technically not "steeping", I assume), and tried them again today. Now the flavors have begun to emerge with force.

I will let these sit around a few more weeks and try them again.

Lesson: Let these babies steep for a few weeks before trying them.

This is true. I tried her Black Licorice, and when I first got it, it was nearly unvapeable. After letting it steep, it is fantastic!

I use the ultrasonic cleaner method: 1 hour in heated, ultrasonic cleaner, then let sit, uncapped for 24 hours.

The only flavors I don't have to steep from VV are citrus flavors, my new favorites.

These are just the notes I keep on each flavor I try, so their not too in depth.

Pink Grapefruit: Fresh grapefruit taste, light and dry. An outstanding tart flavor, with just a touch of sweetness.

Lemonade: A slightly sweeter tangy vape. Sweet, but not too sweet, with a pleasant citrus sharpness. A fairly true lemonade taste.

Mojito: A subtle sweet lime flavor with a touch of coolness from the mint, and just a hint of rum spiciness. Can't really taste the mint as feel it. A cool and refreshing summer vape. This one you should steep.

Key Lime: A sweet, lime flavor, with plenty of the tangy bite I'd expect. A nice balance of sweet and tart. Very refreshing.

Orange: A soft orange soda flavor, but not too sweet. Not tangy at all, but a clean, fresh flavor.

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
They were one of the first vendors I ordered from when I started vaping. I really liked them then, wish I could say I still do. :mad:
I ordered 2 flavors I really liked from them and haven't figured out how to make myself Raspberry Ginger Ale and Bavarian cream. That was a month ago. They still taste nothing like what the are supposed to. The RG is pleasantly sweet but that's all you can say for it. The BC is plain awful. I bought the 60 mil bottle because it was on sale. :mad:
Yep, my last order with Velvet Vapors was the biggest waste of $35 bucks in my entire vaping career.
Never again.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread