Status
Not open for further replies.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Found this great site and dropping in to say hello.

After 60 years (started smoking age 5) I switched to an e-cig (Joye 510) on 01/06/2012. Wife (also 60+ year smoker) wanted to try it so I gave her my backup 510. Next day both batts went dead and I fired up a Camel while recharging and driving back to the e-cig store to buy another starter kit for her. About a week later I smoked another straight Camel just to try and figure out what the big deal was with analogs that had hooked me for so long....hated it.

Couple of weeks later, got tired of cartridges getting weak, seemingly constant battery charges....bought two more batteries, juice and 510 atomizers and tanks for myself. Last week I stepped up to Boge VEC and am now content with good, strong, consistent hits....of course, had to buy one for the wife. So, that's where we're at now. I've smoked two analogs in the past month; wife dropped them completely the first day, and we're loving the e-cigs. We're doing 26mg USA Mix ("Marlboro") and both immediately discovered we enjoy the taste much more than we ever did our cigarettes.

I'm still in experimental mode due to the search for an ever-better hit and any tips/advice will be greatly appreciated. Wife assumed I'm spending too much money but I showed her the receipts....half of what we'd have spent on analogs over the past month. Benefits: Air smells fresher, food tastes better, no more daily hacking spells, and no more whistling/rattling when we breathe.

Thanks for a great site and think I'll hang for awhile. Regards to all....

Sam

Ferris419

Moved On
Nov 30, 2011
Hello and welcome to ECF I love hearing these types of story's ... Finding a flavor you enjoy is the hardest part and it seems you didn't have a problem with that.... And if your looking for the best hit ... I totally recommend a VV device such as a provari ... I started vaping about 3 months ago and I have bought several different PV's before finally breaking down and spending the money on a provari and I'll tell you what I wish I would have just bought this thing right off the bat!!! Well good luck with your new hobby and any questions you may have will definitely be answered around this forum just ask were all here to help !! :vapor:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi n9emz, You have found your liquid, You have a nice pv , So you should be set for a while. The thing you are gonna need to keep an eye on is those tank atomizers(the VEC I saw comes with a T type setup). I do advise picking up a few packages of tanks to regularly replace the used ones with as to prevent the leaking that seems to plague the t style systems. And I highly suggest picking up a pack or two of some low resistance , say boge2 ohm, cartomizers to keep around as a backups for when it eventually comes time to clean the atomizers that came with your kits. With routine maintenance you will be able to keep the t style equipment going for quite a fair amount of time. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
WOW! Thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement. Ferris....We're pretty well fixed for the time being but will check into the Provari later. Right now I'm more anxious to find a supplier....so many vendors on the forum to choose from....because of the high prices locally and consistent failure to stock what I need. As for juices, I really like the "Desert Ship" stuff in 24mg that my local vendor doesn't stock enough of; the "Marlboro" and Virginia Tobacco mixes are substitutes and I want to pick up the DS juice in quantity as well as experiment with different products and PG/VG balance.

cskent....I was born in Ocala and raised in Palm Bay/Melbourne/Eau Gallie; moved to Jax in my early 20s; made my way to Indiana in my 40s via Birmingham, Houston, Albuquerque, Cleveland, Boston....took early retirement when my pops was diagnosed with terminal cancer (puffin' those John Wayne's to the end at age 90) and came back to Palm Bay to be with him. He was most likely a restaurant/lounge operator when you were down here.

Thanks, CountS ad Lex.

analog....no external leakage but I have VEC tanks because I have internal leakage to the batteries which worries me. I don't twist them contrary to recommendations but they still leak even on a new install. After 10 or so days it hasn't seemed to hurt anything but I still worry. I haven't cleaned the VEC atomizers yet but I do the 510s every other day or so by soaking them in isopropyl alcohol. They're holding up fine after a month of use although a couple were weaker (less hot) from the start.

Thanks, Gloria....Norma doesn't do websites although I've caught her on a biker chat a couple of times. She Facebooks and Farmvilles; other than that it's hard to get her to watch her emails.

Here's what we're working with so far; I attend to all the battery charging, tanking and cartridge dirty work for her nightly and her stuff's in the glass.

ecigstuff.jpg

Thanks again and later,

Sam

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to the ECF, Sam & Mrs. Sam! :D

I'm happy you've found a device you like. When you're ready to go to the next level in enjoying your vaping, just come back and ask for help and/or opinions; there's never a lack of either. The folks on here are very helpful and eager to bring newbies up to speed.

Oh, and you may find that Everclear (or any pure grain alcohol) does an even better job of de-gunking your attys and cleaning the contacts/threads of your batts. I find there's less lingering odor and I have to put less elbow grease into cleaning threads. Plus, it's fun to buy a bottle of Everclear in the local liquor store - the young'uns are always asking me if I plan to drink it and I always tell them that I put it in my coffee in the mornings. LOL

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Thanks, Bo.....ditto, Mom and will do but I don't think I'll be using sippin' likker for cleaning purposes. I'm an hour and a half North of Hollywood, Eric. Norma goes down there to the big farmers' market every couple of weeks. Seems like another lifetime ago I drove for Clarence R. Lucas out of the Alamo. Lived in Cibolo for awhile. Nice place.

mafig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2011
malaysia
hi n9emz & welcome to ECF:)..never too late to learn from the "kids" here..i too in my 60 & loving the vaping experience after 30+ yrs on analogs..unlike U i started on analogs(cigarettes) in my late 20's..on and off did tried to wean away from analogs but nothing work until this wonderful device,the electronic cigarette..i finally free from analogs..all the above symptoms for old -timer analogs users like endless coughing,spewing out discoloured phlegm and the stench & mess associated with using analogs ..have all gone..fingers crossed and hope get to see the televise world cup 2014 in Brazil and 2018 in Russia ..maybe Qatar if they have not forfeited it in 2022..regards mafig ps now strictly vaping in my 10th month & beyond

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread