623 days ago, I quit vaping. I took a few drags today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuryFC

Jan 28, 2015
Joplin, MO
I had a rough time with Covid back in Nov '20. Got sick a few days before Thanksgiving and was sick for a few weeks but not bad enough to go to the hospital. Fast forward to late December and my blood pressure was elevated to 224/124 and stayed in the hospital for a few days. The wait in the ER was over 8 hours long due to the amount of covid patients at that time, and I went out to the car to get a quick vape late in the evening. My last one for 623 days. When I was released, I headed to the car and immediately picked up the vape and told myself not to do it and put it back into the console where it stayed until a few weeks ago when I threw it away trading in that car.

Now today, I've been fighting a sinus infection of some sort for 10 days, and for some reason I've just been wanting to vape again. Guess I always believed the vape helped sinus infections and such or was just a convenient excuse. I snuck into my wife's vaping stuff and took a few drags outside. Funny thing is she knew I was up to something!!

Not sure how I feel about this. I know I miss it at times. I know my daughters will be disappointed. When I did vape, and I vaped A LOT, I could easily run 20+ miles and ran 2000 miles a year, so I feel as if it wasn't hurting me too much. That's a huge change from cigarettes, where I could barely walk up a hill. I think it's been 6 or 7 years since I've had a cigarette. I'm 54 yrs old now. Still occasionally run and MTB, but nothing like I used to do.

Not sure where I'm going with this post, think I'm just ranting and thinking out loud on a forum. ;)

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Hey, way to go! Vaping got me off cigs, I don’t think I could stop vaping now though. Maybe ...... could get me off vaping, not the trade vaping for cigs was though, think I’ll stick to the vaping. But more to the point, if you can stay off the vape and the cigs, congrats!! If not, I for one still think vaping is safer than smoking.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I'm so incredibly thankful for vaping, which got me off cigs when nothing else could. Nearly 11 years since my last cig. However, I'm still vaping, and probably always will.

I'd encourage you to stay off the vape. You've made it this long. It's inconvenient to vape when more and more places are making rules against it and treating it like cigs. Plus of course, you save a lot of money by avoiding it.

The vaping habit is miles better than the smoking habit. But no habit at all would be even better.

Reactions: Ed Brown

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I haven't had a cold, flue, sinuous infection, or anything else for 11 years thanks to vaping.
    Vaporized PG really does keep the bugs away.

I remember well when the Doctor said that my future life span would be measured in weeks, rather than in months or years, if I continued to smoke.
    I was 68 at the time. Now I'm 81, because I switched to vaping.
    So vaping has saved my life, and who knows, maybe I too will live to be 96 years old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread