6mg-0mg i just cant succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

imb1610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Houston, Tx
This post is merely regarding my failed attempts to hit 0 mg juice and asking any potential success stories how they did it? It just seems when ever i buy dekang 0mg (to try 0mg juice) its TOO SMOOTH i like the taste and everything but i end up having to cut it with juice from else where i am buying DIY eliquid stuff from RTSvapes to drop from my current 3mg(because of mixing dekang juice with 6mg stuff) to 2mg then 1mg anyone been able to do it this way?

Painter_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
In my happy place
I also have been stuck at 3mg. I know it is in my head at this small amount but I can't seem to cross onto zero land. I think what I am going to try is to make some juice at 3 and some at 0 and not mark the bottles and fill up two kayfuns and just vape out of them until the juice is gone. Not knowing if I am using or not using nic may be what will get me passed the mental issue.

imb1610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Houston, Tx
How long did you smoke and how long have you been vaping? Stepping down, like you mentioned, would probably work best.

been smoking since i was 13 been vaping since i was 16/17(i am 22 now) joined this forum since 2011 started vaping a 36mg stepped down to 24 in early 2013 then stepped down again late 2013 to 6mg when i got off my lazy ... to start rebuilding(i know i was super late to the party but i really loved those smok tech mega cartos[rebuilding seemed like a lot of work at the time rofl])

imb1610

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
Houston, Tx
So ya vape at very low nic levels ...
Sure, dem eyes in the forward facing part of the head, but take a look where ya came from.
So you still enjoy a tiny nic flash - and wanna play the puritan, spoiling yourself the fun of having fun.
Why ?
No point in chastising yourself as a 'failure'.
'Cuz you aren't.

Vape on :)

Thanks for the positive message ^.^ i appreciate it... however we all have goals maybe mine seems silly or irrational to some but it is my goal, its where i want to be i am an addict to vaping(proudly) but what i dont want to be is an addict to nicotine so long as i vape i will always strive toward 0 mg nicotine it is one less harmful substance i can remove from my life fully realizing that there are other potential harmful substances such as (acetoin, diacetyl and the other substance that results from pg breakdown at high temperatures) i will deal with those as more research comes

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
So ya vape at very low nic levels ...
Sure, dem eyes in the forward facing part of the head, but take a look where ya came from.
So you still enjoy a tiny nic flash - and wanna play the puritan, spoiling yourself the fun of having fun.
Why ?
No point in chastising yourself as a 'failure'.
'Cuz you aren't.

Vape on :)

/\....Ditto buddy.....bask in the glory of your accomplishments.....vape with pride at low levels and be happy you beat the cig demon and keep moving forward...congrats

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I also have been stuck at 3mg. I know it is in my head at this small amount but I can't seem to cross onto zero land. I think what I am going to try is to make some juice at 3 and some at 0 and not mark the bottles and fill up two kayfuns and just vape out of them until the juice is gone. Not knowing if I am using or not using nic may be what will get me passed the mental issue.

that's brilliant

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Well, you're not new at it, that's for sure. I hear sometimes people dropping their levels too fast, but you've done so progressively, so that's smart. Are you DIY juice? You could try stepping down maybe every 2 weeks or a month at a time by .5mg. It's not unheard of. Could maybe be a bit easier?

Nicotine addiction is pretty powerful, I think.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
I worked my way down to 6mg & stayed there for a while..

Next move was 4.5, then onto 3, where I also stayed for a while..

From there I went to 2, 1.5, 1, 0.5, then finally 0..

I probably could have went from 1.5 to zero pretty easily, but was just winding down the last of my nic & being a wimp about it..

Just one way to do it, anyway..

I also recall at least one ECF'er dropping 1mg at a time...

But bottom line, going from 6 directly to 0 is too much too fast..

Take your time & do it in baby steps.. Also do some over-lapping if you need to, like switching off between 6 & 4.5 for a while, until you're doing all 4.5, for example...

Obviously you'll have to mix to do it.. I was lucky because my favorite juice place does 3mg, which made things easier...

All it takes is some simple math, and maybe a cheap syringe...

Bontasia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2014
Texas
First and foremost, do not consider yourself a failure.

You are 22 years old and have stopped smoking. If I'd done that I would have eliminated YEARS and YEARS of very, very damaging smoking.

I get what you're saying, my goal is to get down to 0 nic one day and maybe quit vaping all together. It's actually helped me lose weight though soooo I may just do it forever at 0 nic.

Mt Baker Vapor is coming out with 3mg nic soon so you could try that. I also really like the idea of the 2 "blind" tanks, one with really low nic and one at 0. For me, anyway, the psychological dependance on nicotine is much more of an issue. More and more studies are showing that nicotine in and of itself is no more addictive than caffeine.

I like me some caffeine and it sure does help keep me going sometimes but if I could never have it again it wouldn't be a huge deal.

We have been fed the line for SO long about nicotine and it's addictive properties that it's no wonder a lot of us developed these notions that it's SOOO hard to go without it.

Anyway, I think you're doing great. I wish vaping had been around when I was 22. It would have saved me a lot of lost years.

Last edited:

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I'm in a very similar boat. What I'm doing, which seems to be working better, is I travel w/2 ecigs, 1 w/6 mg & the other w/0. I use the 0 whenever I vape (just because), but for those moments when that does not satisfy, I use the 6. Then I go back to the zero. Right now I'm almost 3:1 0 over 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread