6volt and attys?LR's dont seem to last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SW,Virginia
Your gonna want a High Resistance atty, 6volts is to many amps and watts for a LR atty.

Ohm's Law Calculator

Based on 6v and 1.5 atty you are pushing 4 amps and 24 watts(light bulb territory) will just fry it. I have not progressed to 6volts yet so maybe some folks can tell you what works good. But HR attys seem to be around 4.5 ohms. Probably can go a little lower for hotter or higher for cooler vape.

D

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
I've vaped at nothing but 6v for the past year. I don't know how you feel about cartos but the regular resistance (~3ohm's) Boge carto's work great at 6v.

IMHO 4.5 ohms is better suited for 7.4 volts. The vape was too cool for my liking at 6v. It's more like using a standard resistance atty at 3.7v.

You may want to give a standard resistance 801 atty as well. They hit pretty good at 6v.

Silversmyth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Indiana
I tried the Thermo first time today.
Same problem here --blew 2 regular 510's
Not sure what ohm they were though--not LR i know.
Also had a problem trying Ultrafire 17670 batt in Thermo for 3.7.
Battery was a tab too short to fire--rattled in tube just a bit.
Any tips on either problem ???????
I do have some "Regular" Boge's--not sure of ohm though.

dkonrai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
norcal
I tried the Thermo first time today.
Same problem here --blew 2 regular 510's
Not sure what ohm they were though--not LR i know.
Also had a problem trying Ultrafire 17670 batt in Thermo for 3.7.
Battery was a tab too short to fire--rattled in tube just a bit.
Any tips on either problem ???????
I do have some "Regular" Boge's--not sure of ohm though.

is this a sparkplug thermo tube? i used two tenergy rcr123a 3.2 lifepo batteries. idk about the 17670 batts? if i use a single batt, its a 16340 3.7.
dino

MattZuke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2011
A, A
hoosier,
thanks for the electrical engineering aspect. being a plumber, that is pretty greek to me :) . its ok tho, if i understand:
4.5 attys should work pretty good on the 6v?
dino

Volts = flow
Amps = pressure
resistance = .... clog
Watts = flow (volts) x pressure (amps) [also known as power, amount of work you can do per second]

Volts x volts / ohms = watts where watts should 4-5 for standard voltage, standard resistance, 10 for either high voltage, or low resistance.

6Vx6V/4.5ohms = 8watts

3.5 ohms is hitting the max practical limit.

studio52

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2011
Meridian MS
A noob?...Then why in the world would ya want to vape at 6V vs 3.7V? I have about 30 mods, 5Volt Variable volt mods, and I always find vaping my Silver Bullet at 3.7 with a very high MAH battery gives me the most pleasant experience I could ask for. Yes 5V vaping is good and 4.5 is a sweet spot, and the Helix vapes at about 4.2V outa the box with the 26650 huge battery and thats a very sweet vape...so dont think vaping at 6V is the greatest...it is not at all for me, too hot burns most flavored juices to no taste etc....experiment and see if what I am telling you isnt good vape talk..LOL...IMHO

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
LR attys are not meant to be used on anything higher than 3.7 volt. You should never ever use them on a 6volt device.
So that's like a law? :)

There are many LR offerings that are quite nice at the ~4.1-4.3V range.

@ dkonrai

You gotta take the various Ohm's Law numbers folks are providing with a grain of salt.

If you have a pair of the popular Tenergy 3V Li-PO4's you aren't at 6V anyway.

Here's a loaded/vaping test done by tony falcon last year firing a Joye 510.

Tenergy_3vLiPo.JPG

Dumwaldo got almost identical results, ~5.2V, with a DSE 901.

Most of the 6V Tenergy users would find true 6V rather intense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread