8 gauge 510 connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Rustles

Apr 10, 2018
Hello, does anyone on here know of a 510 connector that has a beefy 510 pin that would accept 8g stranded? I am building a triple fetted 2s2p series box and I plan on using 8g solid and stranded wire in it. There is the v2 varitube that would allow me to solder 8g to it's tab but the pin itself is a current bottleneck. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Alex Rustles

Apr 10, 2018
I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Yes, I will be soldering. I am looking for a 510 connector that has a pin that is the same diameter as 8g wire and will accept 8g wire. Every 510 connector that I am currently aware of (evolv, cisco, fat daddy, varitube etc.) are limited to 12g. I have snuck stranded 10g into a v1 varitube and the v2 as well, but the v1 is absolutely limited to 10g. The v2 will accept just about whatever you can solder to it, but the pin itself is chincy. The cisco specs says that theirs is rated for 75 amps, but is limited to 12g, so there is no possible way that it would ever see that kind of current. My current 2s2p box is a single sinked fet with all 10g wire. My build that I am running now, theoretically demands close to 60 amps, but the 10g wire and single fet is keeping me from actually getting that kind of current. Once I build a box with triple fets and 8g, the 510 connector will be the limiting factor.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at. Yes, I will be soldering. I am looking for a 510 connector that has a pin that is the same diameter as 8g wire and will accept 8g wire. Every 510 connector that I am currently aware of (evolv, cisco, fat daddy, varitube etc.) are limited to 12g. I have snuck stranded 10g into a v1 varitube and the v2 as well, but the v1 is absolutely limited to 10g. The v2 will accept just about whatever you can solder to it, but the pin itself is chincy. The cisco specs says that theirs is rated for 75 amps, but is limited to 12g, so there is no possible way that it would ever see that kind of current. My current 2s2p box is a single sinked fet with all 10g wire. My build that I am running now, theoretically demands close to 60 amps, but the 10g wire and single fet is keeping me from actually getting that kind of current. Once I build a box with triple fets and 8g, the 510 connector will be the limiting factor.
The connector will either be a plate with a hole, in which case you drill it out, or bent into a tube, in which case you force it wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread