8 reasons not to buy a decent MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
1. If by putting it in your pocket, it is heavy enough to pull down your pants, don't buy.
2. If it is bulky just to hold more batteries or for no apparent reason, don't buy.
3. If it has a battery door that can easily or accidently opens by itself, don't buy.
4. If it is ugly like a bomb remote controller without an antenna, don't buy.
5. If it requires a computer for fine-tweaking or upgrade firmware to work correctly, don't buy.
6. If its 510 connector is only gummed in its position or lacks threads, don't buy.
7. If it is driven by batteries other than AA or 18650, don't buy.
8. If it is expensive just because it adds color display, don't buy.

If you really want to find a mod without all the above problems, go to the future.:2cool:

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Think Vape Exus Ark
1. Does not pull down my pants.
2. Very compact dual 18650.
3. Battery doesn't budge.
4. I find it to be an attractive mod.
5. Does not require a computer to adjust.
6. 510 is solid.
7. dual 18650
8. Reasonably priced, no color display

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
1. If by putting it in your pocket, it is heavy enough to pull down your pans, don't buy.

I don't wear pans.[emoji6]
8aac8e74b315ea6a8abbc0dc6cc47cdb.jpg

Sent from the future

Reactions: 2 people

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The best reason to buy is that it is cheap and good.

Got 4 evic VTC minis with Trons toppers for $2 apiece when they were on sale at heavengifts. Only $30 including shipping.

Also got a couple of Kanger K1 box dna75 mods for $25 each on sale when avail was closing them out. That included shipping.

None are ugly all work great....and no real flaws. But if they have a few flaws, for the price I can forgive them quickly

hiclass

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2016
Oh. I thought you were gonna tell me there's a mod runs on AA batteries. You can get six volts out of two pair of 'em, but I don't know what kind of mAh they have.

I use to have shaver run by AA batteries like this:
IMG_20171024_151912.jpg

I just check it has 2450mAh
IMG_20171024_152008.jpg

May be someone will design a perfect small, light mod run by these batteries, who knows? :hubba:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have mods I love that don't meet all those 8 criteria. But, I will just say: A Provari. LOL.

If I limited myself in that way, I think I'd be sad. Some of my favorite mods have the battery issue-- TY steampunk nano! :) Though I have noted the best FIX on that is to put a heavier tank on top. Ever since I got a Kayfun clone on top of the thing, the batteries haven't budged once. I think it may have to do with the amount of pressure on the 510 pin, hence the batteries, hence the door. I really think I'm onto something.

I don't like these "best" lists, I'm deciding. I do think it could turn new folks off mods that might be right for them. I will NEVER want a mod that fits in my pockets, of course, the types of pockets I have in my jeans barely hold a couple jolly ranchers, thank goodness for purses (and backpacks while hiking, etc.)

Anna

sambalikov

May 6, 2017
I agree with the Smoant Battlestar, very small and so well made, there is also the newest Miniken 2, with the touch screen that has stayed the same price.
For me....I use the Boxer Mods mechanical squonker with a wasp nano RDA that is my favorite combination, this thing hits hard AF, has a locking switch, can fit in my pocket as easy as a pack of smokes with a lighter did, the juice is inside, I could use a bigger RDTA if I wanted. Thats my smallest mod/rda combo well besides my myjet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread