Not open for further replies.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post so I thought I'd give a brief introduction.

I have smoked on and off since I was a teenager. I'm in my late 50's now. Quit many times (sometimes for years) only to start again and feel bad about it.

About 3 months ago I bought 2 NJoy e-cigs for $10 just to try them out. I felt it was a total waste of $10 but it got me interested in learning more.

I searched YouTube for "ecigs" and was amazed by all the different devices, reviewers, and companies that sell the equipment and supplies. I had no idea that there was a whole community that revolved around vaping (a new word for me and a new world).

So, I bit the bullet and ordered an Ego style kit and some sample juices. I still wasn't convinced that I could quit smoking with this method so I didn't want to spend a lot of cash right away.

Then I watched a video by Robert Ellis (the Armed Vaper) where he talked about how he started vaping and I was convinced.

I watched tons of vaping videos while I waited for my vape mail to arrive and became even more sold on the idea. Even before I received my Ego kit I ordered an Itaste MVP V2.

The Ego kit arrived and I was blown away. The MVP arrived a few days later and it blew the Ego away (I still like the Ego though).

I've even built a couple of simple Mods. I've always loved to tinker. Of course everyone starts with a Dollar Store Flashlight Mod and that's what I did too. It works very well. I'm working on a CPVC pipe mod now that's a bit more compex but still just an unregulated mod. I'm in awe of some of the mods the people are building here. I'll probably never come close to anything near those.

That's all for now.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
So, gandymarsh, have the cigarettes gone by the wayside yet? Congratulations for your entry into the world of vaping! Best wishes!!

Thanks for the wishes!

Haven't had any tobacco since I got my kit. Haven't had the desire either (well maybe a few times). This go-round I wasn't smoking cigs, I was smoking Swisher Sweets, inhaling, about 15/week. I didn't want to quit to save money. I wanted to quit because I knew it was killing me.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Well done!! I so want to be at eight weeks!!! I am at day 2 but pretty committed to keep going. Vaping is so much better than smoking
One day at a time. Whenever the urge hits you VAPE! Don't over do it though, I read some of your previous posts about feeling sick. I get a headache when I over vape so I know to put it down for awhile. Good Luck to you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread