80 year old Mother in Law on the bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
She was out having a manicure this afternoon, and overheard a couple of people taking about trying to quit smoking, and how hard it was, and how one of them had tried time and time again,

She got up and went up to them, and starting raving on about how fabulous Ecigs are, and how we are using them and doing so well...and told them about this website and where they need to go to get one. In the end, the two smokers were taking notes.

Pretty good, for an 80 year old non smoker :D

hankbizzo5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
Ct, Eastern
Nice thats so cool to hear..... 000-1.gif

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
She was out having a manicure this afternoon, and overheard a couple of people taking about trying to quit smoking, and how hard it was, and how one of them had tried time and time again,

She got up and went up to them, and starting raving on about how fabulous Ecigs are, and how we are using them and doing so well...and told them about this website and where they need to go to get one. In the end, the two smokers were taking notes.

Pretty good, for an 80 year old non smoker :D

Need perhaps a little more info. Why did the 80 year old non-smoker (and presumably non-former smoker) do that? How well are you (plural) doing?

expat

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Arkansas
Need perhaps a little more info. Why did the 80 year old non-smoker (and presumably non-former smoker) do that? How well are you (plural) doing?

You need more info? I beg your pardon? Why did she do that? Because she is impressed perhaps at our success quitting smoking using them? Because she is the sort of person that talks to anyone? Because she felt like it maybe?

Why she did is not the point I was making My point is that she did it at all.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
That's the kind of people we need. Smoker or not, I'm glad she isn't closed minded about ecigs. Good possibility that she has a family member that has quit with the help of ecigs.

My 83 year old mother-in-law finally got a kit. She always was using mine when we went to visit. I think it's great. She wasn't a heavy smoker but she smoked since age 13. She is also getting her brother who is 90 a kit (if she hasn't already done it). I supply her juices to try and I think she finally found one she is happy with. Her remark to me was "I can't believe I like watermelon that much. Damn this is good." She fell in love with vermillionriver's texas watermelon. I just placed an order for her an hour ago. Now I just need to teach her how to fill cartomizers. I've been doing it for her but we don't always get there to visit as often as we like.

And yes, she also tells people about her ecig adventure which I think is great as well.

marcielynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2011
PA
www.facebook.com
This is Awesome, not all of our older generation want to take time out to learn something new, being in the medical field I see alot of our elderly just not having the will or want to learn new things and it is very uplifting when there are stories like these about the ones that have the spunk to keep up with whats goin on around them even if they are not using the ecigs themselves they are trying to help others be healthier!!

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
You need more info? I beg your pardon? Why did she do that? Because she is impressed perhaps at our success quitting smoking using them? Because she is the sort of person that talks to anyone? Because she felt like it maybe?

Why she did is not the point I was making My point is that she did it at all.

Sorry. No offense intended. I have quit with e-cigs and am thrilled. Congrats for the two of you as well. And great that there is such an e-cig supporter out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread