801 atomizer prefrence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
Hey guysss....

Just wondering what 801 atomizer you prefer on the protegy v2! I have noticed that the RN4072 seems to produce more vapor then a standard DSE801. All tho the v2 adapter is picky with rn4072 threads because they dont always work on the 801 v2 adapter. Has anyone tried BE112 801 attys? I hear good things about the be112 but have never used one... What bout the joye302? how does that do on the v2? I think steve said that joye302 dont work...unless you use an adapter(901 thread to 801, then put the joye302 on)

-Tim

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I hear good things about the be112 but have never used one... What bout the joye302? how does that do on the v2? I think steve said that joye302 dont work...unless you use an adapter(901 thread to 801, then put the joye302 on)

-Tim

Maybe Steve (aka Papa John) will weigh in on this. I don't have a Protege but I find it hard to believe that a Joye 302 won't work. There is nothing unusual about the Joye 302 that sets it apart from any of the pen styles -- thread type, draw method, length of center conductor, et al.

Did you mean the m201?

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
No, Steve said the Joye302 shorts the unit. Said he isnt sure why...

Atleast, Im almost positive he said that...maybe he'll weigh in here...lol

Interesting. I'll be watching the thread and for an appearance from Papa John for a 'splanation. =)

My experience with the Joye 302 is that it works with everything I own 801 related. Vapre51, PT, manual batts, auto batts, JS, etc. FWIW, my untrained eye tells me that the Joye 302 is a Janty KB atty. Originally, I thought that wasn't the case but I've since changed my mind.

The only pen style atty I've ever had a compatibility issue with is the m201 -- which is unfortunate because it is a fabulous vape. (altogether different draw style)

I'm looking at a BE112, Joye 302, DSE 801, Janty KB and a RN4072 under a magnifying glass comparatively, as we speak, and I'm not readily seeing what could cause a shorting problem. <shrug>

Death_Kitten

ECF Veteran
I am currently using a 302 atty on a 901-> 801 adapter and I love it. Not quite as much vapor production as the M201, but much more than the 801. Plus it has a pretty consistent draw and does not seem to heat up that much even with long draws on the V2. Overall it seems to be a great little atty especially at 5v with the V2 mod.

Brian S.

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2008
U.S. Mississippi
Hey guysss....

Just wondering what 801 atomizer you prefer on the protegy v2! I have noticed that the RN4072 seems to produce more vapor then a standard DSE801. All tho the v2 adapter is picky with rn4072 threads because they dont always work on the 801 v2 adapter. Has anyone tried BE112 801 attys? I hear good things about the be112 but have never used one... What bout the joye302? how does that do on the v2? I think steve said that joye302 dont work...unless you use an adapter(901 thread to 801, then put the joye302 on)

-Tim

I use the BE112. It is my favorite atomizer. If the center post on the adapter is down a little bit from the edge it screws on well. The V2 was set up like that so no more worries there. The BE112 is a slow starter. That is, the first day it doesn't work as well as it does when it is properly broken in. Once broken in, it produces more vapor than the RN4072 and typically last 3 months at 5v before burning out.

Brian

tintal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
Haifa, Israel
I have a Protege, not sure it's v2 or v1. Bought it 2 months ago, probably it's v1. It works fine with RN4072, which I prefer over DSE801. And it doesn't work with Janty Classic, which should be Joye302 atty. Janty Classic has shorter thread and while it's fired it pulls too much air via the vent holes which makes vaping really uncomfortable.

Oddgirl

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2009
I agree with Brian - the BE112's have been very reliable for me. Also, I just tried out East Mall's high-voltage 801 attys and they work fantastic with the higher voltage devices. East Mall claims they are specifically made for 6V but they work well on 5V too in my experience. Juice doesn't taste as harsh at higher voltages and they supposedly will last longer. I've had one on my 6V device for about 3 weeks now and there's no sign of it losing any oomph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread