801 *auto* gear still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
I've had a lot of trouble with manual 801 equipment: defective manual-button passthrough, an entire order of manual 801 batteries -- all defective (possibly caused by a defective charger -- I can't tell for sure).

So as much as I like the control of the manual button operated batteries, I'm SO over this particular kind of 801 gear. I want to go back to using auto passthroughs and auto batteries. (By comparison, 510 equipment has been damn'-near flawless.)

Does anyone still sell auto 801 passthroughs and auto 801 batteries?

An alternative to the battery problem: Totally Wicked 510 'mega' batteries (with 510-to-801 adapters from Altsmoke) work great with 801 atomizers. That's a best-of-both-worlds situation. But I'd still like to have a few more auto 801 batteries. Not sure about battery mods and 801 atomizers. Yesterday, using a Chuck battery mod set up for the 510, I burned out *two* 801 atomizers that were attached using the Altsmoke adapters. Losing two in one day is not a good thing. (This has not happened while I've been using 801 atomizers on 'mega' batteries. Then again, maybe I also need to find a source of better-quality penstyle atomizers.

Thanks in advance for any advice...

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
Rob at goodprophets carries 801 in auto, manual, and passthroughs.
That company does not appear to have auto 801 passthroughs -- only manual as far as I can tell. They seem to have auto 801 batteries but per the web site all three colors of 801 auto batteries are out of stock at the moment. Thanks for the info, though. I will keep an eye on the web site.

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
eastmall is your friend
Eastmall has auto and manual 801 batteries, and no 801 passthroughs of any kind, that I know of. If you want to confirm that, go to the site and then use the Google toolbar (way more efficient than any web site's "native" search engine) and look for "passthrough." You won't find one there for the 801...

I am looking for this because I have had nothing but trouble with 801 manual gear, generally.

Yesterday two 801 atomizers purchased from Eastmall burned out -- sudden "burned atomizer" taste no matter how much e-liquid I used, plus smoke (not vapor), and then -- nothing. Today, two more of them began producing that same intense burned-atomizer flavor no matter how wet the bridge/wick were with e-liquid. I stopped using them. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they also flame out.

I have never seen this rate of e-cig equipment failure since I started using e-cigs (in June of this year). I had lost only one 510 atomizer in all that time, plus one 801 atomizer. Until yesterday and today. (I don't use higher-voltage battery mods.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread