Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Okay, so I'm not great with reviews....for me, I either like something or I don't. So I'm going to do a quick review of the penstyle manual switch cig that I rec'd from David Yang. And I really can't compare it to the Janty KB because I have never owned one of those. So here goes.....

First of all, it was all that David said it would be. It's no secret that the vapor with the pens I own has never been spectacular....nothing like what I saw in the videos....but that didn't bother me. I always felt as long as I was getting the throat hit, the vapor was not real important.

However, when I tried this new pen, I have to admit that the vapor was awesome. Part of it might have been the 4 hole atomizer (as I had been using 2 holers) but whatever it was, I finally realized what others were talking about.

Prior to using this new pen, I went to my daughter's house for Thanksgiving. Neither she nor her husband smoke (he's allergic) and there was no problem vaping. I went to her house again for Xmas with the new pen and I pretty much couldn't sit around them and vape because the clouds of smoke were billowing around me and my son-in-law kept giving me the "hairy eyeball"...lol

I mean, they both knew what it was but it really did look like analog smoke so they seemed leery. And I didn't dare do it around my 2 year old grandson....it just seemed like too much.

The draw initially was much lighter than I was used to but once I experimented with various inhaling techniques, I found I preferred it to the pen I had been using. Again, this might have been due to the 4 hole atomizer but I liked it so much, I gave my brother all my 2 holers and now only use the 4. It really feels good not to have to suck my brains out to get a decent hit. And I am getting the same throat hit I was with the old pen despite the lighter draw.

Since this is not a stand alone pen, I obviously can't comment on battery life but while using the usb, I discovered quite a helpful hint. Since the wire consists of a battery box, I can actually unplug it and carry it around. Since both my car adapter and wall charger work with it, I can use it in several locations, not just at my computer. When I went to my daughter's, it was the only thing I brought....no extra batteries or chargers. That was really nice! :thumb:

I was also informed of a charger and batts for the little battery box on the wire, which I have since ordered. When I get that, I will just make sure I have an extra one of those batteries with me at all times but with being able to plug the cig into a computer, car adapter or wall, I don't think I'll need more than that.

I have now realized that my goal is to only use regular battery devices. I find it quite a pain to charge and order the regular ecig batts....just not my thing. I thought I might need a stand alone for public but honestly, I think I can rig something up where I can use a regular batt pack with it and it won't be noticed. I'm working on that now ;)

So I guess that wasn't quite as quick as I wanted but in short, I would definitely recommend this for those who are looking for a manual switch. This has definitely become my preferred device.

Oh, I should add that I briefly tried the auto switch and batt when I first got it and it was the same...but I have only used the usb manual switch since. Again, I just don't want to mess around with charging that battery at this time.

So there ya have it. Happy vapin'!

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
an excellent review SambucaLu,

I agree with you on all points.
Also I prefer the manual switch rather than the auto with reg type battery.

I did the experiment and unplugged the usb to check the battery life when using it loose,
I got 5 hours, and I vape almost continuously,
so those who actually put it down will get more of course.

I love my 801 penstyle,
now this new 801 usb manual switch penstyle
is my absolute drop dead favourite.
Congratulations David,
you have an absolute winner here.

now I haz no battreez
but I haz U ES B......
I haz vapin' bliss......

Di .......

Last edited:

cucurucho

ECF Veteran

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I wonder if it is designed that way,

the manual switch works with the usb line on all adapters and on the PC,
and manual switch works with loose battery also, -
but the auto switch only works with the loose battery.

If that is the case,
why bother with the auto switch,
just build it into the battery and you have --
the regular 801 battery !!!!

has anyone got the auto switch to work with the usb
or with any power source other than the loose battery ?

Di .......

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I just tried mine and it is just the opposite!

My auto switch works on both the usb and the loose battery. Lights up green when I plug it into either.

My manual switch only works on my usb; no draw on the loose battery.

Isn't that weird? :confused:

Does the green light on your auto switch light up when you connect it into the usb?

Lu

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
If that is the case,
why bother with the auto switch,
just build it into the battery and you have --
the regular 801 battery !!!!

I couldn't agree more. This is why I plan to buy some standard 801 batteries. I think I'll go for the brushed aluminium from ciggy.com.au.

My auto switch works on both the usb and the loose battery. Lights up green when I plug it into either.

My manual switch only works on my usb; no draw on the loose battery.

This is exactly how mine behaves. And I can't for the life of me figure out why. I guess the connection between the battery and the manual switch just isn't being made when it's fully screwed in.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
more testing needed

back to testing again guys,

my auto flashes green light when I connect it to usb and loose battery, but only smokes on battery

my manual smokes on everything.

I am going to spend some time to play and find out what is going on here.

I have 5 sets of this, so I will try different combinations
maybe there are some not so good auto switches floating around.....

will come back later tonight, after dinner.

Di ......

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
ok guys
here is what I got

I have 4 manual switches,
they all work on both -
usb cable attached to PC and all adapters
and the loose battery.

I have 4 auto switches,
they all work on the loose battery.
BUT -----
2 work on the usb - and on the adapters --
2 do not
the green light only lights on these 2,
when attached to the loose battery.

so go figure,
obviously they are not dead,
but they will only work on the loose battery.
very strange.
I will be getting them replaced,
and asking that they test before sending out.

Di .....

Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hey Di, thanks for checking all that out. Let us know how it goes. I'm not too concerned that the manual doesn't work with the loose battery because I don't really use that battery anyway but it would be nice to know what the problem is.

And I won't go for the replacement if it means I have to send the manual switch back to China. Too much trouble! :|

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I spoke to david this am.

he agrees with me that the problem would seem to be a thread connective prob.

he suggested,
clean the threads,
screw it on tight,
screw it on looser,
jiggle it a bit,
.....ya do the hokey pokey an ya turn around,

and if that don't work, ask for a replacement ,
and thats what its all about ,....
ooooooh , ... the hokey pokey .....

what the heck am I vapin' here !!!!!

Di ......

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
I've used both the manual and auto switch on both the separate battery and the usb battery. All combinations have worked for me flawlessly. Must be lucky.

I'll do a review after new years.
Mine too..all works in any combo!
But yesterday, my manual switch got stuck permanently in the down position after 5 days8-oand now useless..
but David's sending me a replacement already - no prob! and didn't have to send the bad one back either to China..so he definitly honors his warranty:thumb:

VapeAllDay

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Ive been vaping for about two months now and I can't imagine living without it! Anyway, I first purchased a NJOY NPro (RN4081), then I purchased a DSE901 (Puresmoker) and have a M401 Pilot "Hybrid" (Puresmoker) on the way. For some reason I can't stop wanting to buy everything out there! So I was wondering would an 801 or Kissbox (304) be a good addition to my arsenal, or am I buying another cig that is really going to be similar to what I already have? My main concern is production of vapor, I really want a lot of it. I would buy a screwdriver, but it looks like they are out of stock! :mad:

I appreciate any advice you guys can provide!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread