The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

801 manual switch usb cig quick review

Discussion in 'Accessory Reviews' started by ZambucaLu, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dr. Russell Fell

Dr. Russell Fell Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2008
    Florida
    the usb with manual/auto switch for the pen is a must-have in my opinion for any e-smoker, especially those that are a fan of the penstyles. i was wary at first of the pens, but after trying david's, i was sold. then when he sent me his usb and manual/auto switches, i was floored once again. just when i thought these pen atomizer made heaps of smoke, i tried it with his usb and to my surprised the amount of vapor is immense.

2. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Manual switch pen is nice, but if you really want a screwdriver, I'd say go for it. It appears Trog is back in stock as of today/tonight (I was just there).

3. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    I absolutely agree with Russell.....

I think the best e-cig on the market at the moment,
    is ----
    801 usb manual switch from David Yang.

masses of vapour,
    ease of use,
    looks great too.....

Di ......

4. deewal

deewal Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2008
    In a house.
    Well i just been there and the shop say's Sold Out.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the new Penstyle Model as well.

ps. What web address did you use ?

5. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Of course I have to join in on this pen conversation! :D

Personally, I do love the David Yang manual usb BUT....I am now leaning toward the Janty only because they have that sealed off manual switch....no juice can get in the switch or battery. And this happens to be a plus for me because I am certain that every ecig battery that has died on me did so because I killed the switch with too much liquid. Because I am a heavy vaper, I top off heavily (sometimes drip on the atomizer, but not usually) and this has worked well for me as far as vapor, throat hit, etc. But it's kickin' ... with my batts. So at least, for me, I don't have that issue with the Janty style.

But if you do decide to go with the KB manual switch passthrough, I would look around. Vaporguys has a good deal on them and if you want the entire kit, even adding the passthrough and switch to his 304 kit might still be cheaper than the Janty site (with his 10% coupon discount and cheap shipping included).

That's just my opinion of them anyway :cool:

Lu

6. Riffmaster

Riffmaster Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2008
    Hong Kong
    mine works with any combination....just a good workhorse. But standalone battery's life is short. I noticed its shorter than a regular pen type battery, thats probably why. I wish i could get a longer battery to fit the pen. I am calling it "The Viper".......:evil:

7. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Sorry Dee, I just saw the same. Could be I missed the "out of stock" when I was there earlier, but I swear I didn't; or maybe it's changed again since then. Actually, Trog just posted a bit ago that he had to "shut the shop again", it seems they are out of atomizers now, not SDs. But he may "open for a few hours early evening UK time tomorrow... thursday".

Shop opening when... - ECigScrewdriver

8. Misty

Misty Forum Admin
    Supplier/Commercial Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Canada
    I think you're right, Lu.. My switches are going down a little too often too..:cry:
    but I saw a video of Robw & he said to put some rubber into the atomizer hole to prevent this leaking
    ( I tried it with a small bit of an eraser but the atomizer didn't work at all then so I have to go find the exact thing he used to block )

9. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Hmmm....I never saw that video Misty. Have a link to it? It would seem to me that covering any whole like that would result in a decrease in performance so I don't know how those covered switches work so well....they just do!

But I wouldn't mind checking out what you are referring to also....if you can point me to it.

Thanks!

Lu

10. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Please note this is only atomizers used with the manual switch

I am plugging the hole in my attomizer with a tiny -

TINY

ball of bluetack, or try plastercine.

get a very tiny ball, about the size of pinhead,
    drop it onto the hole of the attomizer,
    get a toothpick and scrape from edge and poke it into the hole till it is almost level to the attomizer,
    and the hole is blocked.

I have been using it like this for 1 week now,
    no leaking out of the attomizer......
    just be careful not to flood it,
    if you do, you cant blow it out.....
    so you have to flick it , -or lash it, to get rid of excess.

sorry misty,
    after we spoke on this,
    I spent more time playing with it,
    and finally worked out this fix.

Di ........

11. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Hey Di, since it's actually the switch hole that is blocked off on the KB, have you tried stuffing the switch hole on any of yours?

Lu

12. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Yes Lu.
    works exactly the same way,
    but that does not stop liquid leaking out of the attomizer......

so you could do either I guess, I have one of each,

Di ......

13. Misty

Misty Forum Admin

Supporting member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Canada
    Hi Lu, Sorry it took so long to reply! It was on the thread Video Review ecigmall Manual switch USB
    link to his video YouTube - Quick review of the ecigmall.com usb manual switch e-cig
    (hope I inserted that correctly!)

I finally got this trick going using the Bluetack & everything still works perfectly!

14. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Thanks a lot Misty! And that was a great review too.

Now....what is bluetack and where do I get it? :rolleyes:

Lu

15. Misty

Misty Forum Admin

Supporting member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Canada
    Funny cause I asked Di the same question as that's what she called it when she suggested an alternative to the rubber RobW used:D
    It's that blue sticky clay- like stuff - removable adhesive..I found it at office supply store & here it's called Sure-Tac
    Sun also suggested playdo would work as well..as same consistency as Sure-tac
    Good luck and keep us posted if you find the atomizer still works as usual!

16. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    I Ordered The Vaporguys 304 Kit! I Got It In Two Days!

This is a Nice Pen Kit, I Don't Have the USB Pass Through It (Ordered it Last Night).

This 304 Kit Kicks some Nice Vapor! Right Now The 304 My Favorite!!

The Vaporguys 304 Manual Switch Is Already Sealed Off! So No Worry's Here!

and The Vaporguys 10% Coupon Really Made It A Great Deal! I Can Highly Recommend The Vaporguys 304 Kit!!!

On Another Note I Ordered The Dave Yangs USB 801 Manual Switch Kit Over 2 Weeks Ago and Still Don't Have It. I had to email them a few times about, They said they Shipped and I Should have it in a few days, that was last week! I Still Don't Have it!

I Would Highly Suggest Ordering Directly from Vaporguys.com For A Great Unit & Fast Shipping!

Thanks Vaporguys for a Great Deal!

17. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    Hi sambucalu,
    I understand you have both the vaporguys 304 usb manual switch and David Yang's also,
    which do you find the best and why,
    thanks,
    Di .....

18. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    I use the 304 passthrough with my generic penstyle atomizers (as I do with David's passthrough) and I would say they work about the same.

I only prefer the 304 because it has the blocked off switch. Otherwise, for me, both are comparable.

Lu

19. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    thanks Lu,

just wondered if there was any major diff,
    other than the blocked switch.

will stick with my fav.
    and block it myself.

Di ......

20. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Di,

It seem that as other members are trying David Yang's passthrough, they are satisfied with it too. I've seen some good reviews on here about it. I think people just needed to give it a shot. As you, I didn't think they'd be disappointed ;)

Lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.