The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

801 manual switch usb cig quick review

Discussion in 'Accessory Reviews' started by ZambucaLu, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. seededcrown

seededcrown Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Medford, oregon, u.s.
    whats david wangs site???? you keep metioning his name but not the company:confused: I am looking for a charger that will charge a bestecig.com's
    be112 the back of their charger says output 4.7v 200ma....any ideas???? Thanks

2. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    All my batteries are from bestecig. I bought additional chargers from there because all other ones seem to be 4.2v....so I was afraid to mix them up.

David's site is here....he is in China: www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

He does have a small US site too: Ecigmall - Your #1 Source for Electronic Cigarettes

Hope that helped!

BTW...it's David Yang :)

Lu

3. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    I think the switches and USB cables are all likely to be similar but would love to see reviews/comparisons of different classic/penstyle atomisers.

RN4072s, DSE801s, 304s, 302s and M201s (I think that's the right number for the Smoore one).

They're all interchangeable too except for the M201s I think.

I hope to get a Ruyan atomiser to try out too but am not holding my breath that they'll sell it separately and without warranty.

4. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Yes, I think it could be different with different atomizers....that's why I always mention I use just your usual generic atomizers. The thing is....it really seems (to me anyway) that all these atomizers are basically the same. Good when brand new....then at some point they need to be cleaned...and as much as others say "it was like brand new!"...I don't believe it....not with continued use anyway.

I have cleaned mine and yes, they seem great...but that was compared to what I was using. I mean, I used it right up until it need to be cleaned...of course it lost performance. Anything might seem like new at that point! But it doesn't last. In a few days, performance drops again. And I think it's because you might be able to "revive" it for a while but the damage to the wick just can't be cleaned nor changed.

In a way, I think trog had the right idea. They're good for 2 weeks...but to me, that means that performance will drop then, so you either chuck 'em or clean 'em. For financial reasons, most probably choose the latter but that only prolongs the use....it doesn't make it as good as a new one. Nothing can do that.

Of course, this is all just my opinion/speculation. But if you do ever come across one that really outperforms and outlasts the generic ones, I might even spring for one myself :D

Lu

5. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Well, I am in no way experienced with different makes, the only classic atomisers I've used are an old (from six months ago) RN4072, 304s and a 302.

I've used 304s all day every day for months, I use one until it dies. They've been giving me around a months good use each and then I give up on them, time to call in the guarantee for a clean one.

6. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Can you return those when they get worn? Or do they need to actually be faulty....or completely dead?

Lu

7. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    I get new ones on warranty for clogged ones or bad tasting ones no problem, if it doesn't vape well I get another. That's from Janty Europe, I can't say how others work.

8. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Why did I think it had to be faulty or die to get it replaced? Well, that's pretty interesting. You just gave me an idea! :p

Thanks!
    Lu

9. BJ43

BJ43 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2008
    I have gone to David Yang both the sites USA and china and I don,t see the 801 USB passthru for sale by itself. I have two 801' s and only want to purchase the passthru. Anyone know where I can.

10. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    I personally haven't seen anywhere where you can buy just his passthrough. I only saw that for the Janty KB....not David's.

Lu

11. seededcrown

seededcrown Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Medford, oregon, u.s.
    If you want just a pass through for a penstyle go to puresmoker.

12. rickstar009

rickstar009 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Good review Sam, you just helped me make up my mind about Davids 801 Usb :)

13. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    I think you'll be satisfied rick. I haven't heard anyone complain about them yet.

Lu

14. rickstar009

that's very reassuring to know mate, thanks Lu ;) …I have a few hundred dollars to spare from my tax returns last month, So i might try all of David’s e-cig’s ..Especially his Usb 801 and also try the so far unknown Em901 that he has.

Now if only the Australian dollar would just stop! falling against the USD then i could buy some extra batteries and atomizers from eastmall :(

15. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Yeh, I hear ya. This whole thing can get pretty pricey after awhile.

Lu

16. rickstar009

Amen to that mate, amen :cool:

But i would say i have financially come out on top in the long run by my calculations, Not to mention that i have lost my cough and i can run like a young man again! * well sought of anyway * haha

...So its all good Lu ;)

17. Darkest

Darkest Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2009
    Nashville TN
    I just ordered one of these, I have high hopes for it. It looks to be the same as the Janty only priced more reasonably. I am hoping they are actually in stock as the site states same day shipping on all orders but I guess we shall see. I noted they are cheaper than the Janty even with another battery thrown in.

18. deewal

deewal Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2008
    In a house.
    If i buy a Janty passthru to use with a RN-4072 Generic Penstyle will i need to buy a Janty Switch or will it work without one ?

19. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    You'll need to buy a switch. The passthrough doesn't have one and won't connect to an atomiser without it.

20. ZambucaLu

Supporting member
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central NY, USA
    Yes, you need the switch too.

Eh...posting at the same time again! :)

Lu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.