Status
Not open for further replies.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I threw a LR 801 on my REO using an adapter and I can't keep the darn thing from leaking all over the place. I squonk it and take a few drags and next thing I know I've got juice all over the place. I believe I've adjusted the adapter to where it needs to be and I'm not flooding the atty either. Anyone else encountered this before?

I may just need to order an 801 REO to satisfy my LR 801 fix. It's unfortunate because the LR 801 attys are cheap!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....

Thanks.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I run a lr 801 with the grand I don't have this issue .I like the mini 801s and the avid vaper 801s .Some 801s don't hold juice well there is a learning curve to running a 801 on a juice fed mod.You have to fill the atomizer and vape off the the extra juice before plunging the mod again.I have never needed a special adapter to get the job done.Try a 3 second count and vape until you notice it getting dry.If 3 seconds isn't enough try 4.It comes down to the right atomizer and technique.If your using a adapter that's adjustable make sure the atomizer is seated down enough or it will leak.I always put the adapter on the atomizer first. make the bottom of the adaper looks like the bottom of a 510 atomizer.If the pin sticks out to far you can short your mod good luck

Evilgrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Orlando
I run a lr 801 with the grand I don't have this issue .I like the mini 801s and the avid vaper 801s .Some 801s don't hold juice well there is a learning curve to running a 801 on a juice fed mod.You have to fill the atomizer and vape off the the extra juice before plunging the mod again.I have never needed a special adapter to get the job done.Try a 3 second count and vape until you notice it getting dry.If 3 seconds isn't enough try 4.It comes down to the right atomizer and technique.If your using a adapter that's adjustable make sure the atomizer is seated down enough or it will leak.I always put the adapter on the atomizer first. make the bottom of the adaper looks like the bottom of a 510 atomizer.If the pin sticks out to far you can short your mod good luck

Rob, I've been using 510s and 306s since I got my Grand and just yesterday bought a 2.0 and a 1.7 801 Cisco from avidvaper, along with their 510-801 adapter and an 801 drip tip. Are these what you use (minus the adapter, of course)? My usual technique since I've started using the Grand is to plunge once, hit it 4-5 times or until I start to get the faintest dry atty flavor, then plunge again until I see juice just start to hit the collection cup. Lather, rinse, repeat.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Rob, I've been using 510s and 306s since I got my Grand and just yesterday bought a 2.0 and a 1.7 801 Cisco from avidvaper, along with their 510-801 adapter and an 801 drip tip. Are these what you use (minus the adapter, of course)? My usual technique since I've started using the Grand is to plunge once, hit it 4-5 times or until I start to get the faintest dry atty flavor, then plunge again until I see juice just start to hit the collection cup. Lather, rinse, repeat.
I dont use the short adapter that many of the folks here use.I have adapters that are a tad taller.801s shouldn't sit in juice in my opinion.They don't draw juice from the well like a 510.what they do is act like a straw.The mod was built to run atomizers with a 510 connection it will run a 801 or a 901 but you have to keep tabs on the well and make sure your not over plunging.801s will clog after use like any atomizer you can always draw on the atty and plunge at the same time if your not getting enough juice into the atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread