?? 801 slb w/orange led batt is flashing green ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykk

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Florida
I have one that someone gave me that does that. It sometimes flashes green like a dozen times if I take a really long drag. The batt still works well after that and doesn't seem low, so I'm guessing that this particular brand may have a cutoff after a certain number of seconds and then its PIC software sorta yells at you for doing it by blinking green furiously for awhile. :)
C-ya,
Rick

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Some (maybe all) of DH's 801 auto batteries have a cut off. He has, now 10+ batteries from several different sources. After 6-8 seconds, depending on the battery, it will begin flashing if he takes a long continuous draw for too long or too many too closely together. Seven of his batteries are from Vaporkings blowout "BLOWOUT CLEARANCE ON RN4072 (DSE801 compatible) BATTERIES" @ $5.45 per battery. They seem to be holding up great and to have just as much battery time as the more expensive ones. He uses automatic batteries with atty/cart (with hard flat tip) so he can vape without using his hands.

FYI... as auto batteries can get flooded pretty easily we give them several good hard shakes (good swing with abrupt ending, with screw end down) and good wipe off with tissue paper and Q-tip before putting on chargers. We've successfully cleared out several flooded batteries doing that.

Also, the 801 batteries don't last very long if you are a "chain" vaper. Vaporkings has a USB universal charger that fits many batteries, holding them on with a rubber grip. We ordered several of those and use the wall plug in part of chargers from other chargers to keep him well supplied with charged batteries, especially for his weekly out of town travel. They are only $6.95 each. You can plug them into any appropriate USB port to charge. We happened to have several other chargers so use the plug part of them to plug the unies into. You could also use a USB port on a computer if it has appropriate power.

I have no affiliation with VK other than being a satisfied customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread